View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:05 pm 
born to perform.

Well,

I stay away from anything related to alcohol. Mostly because I don't want people to think that I'm drinking. Walking around holding a beer bottle wouldn't look to good to the manager. In general you want things that reset quickly that don't take up a lot of room. Try to stay off the table if you can too. Do things that don't require people to more their glasses out of your way.

Hope that helps

Ted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 5:24 am 
Penguin

magicdude891 wrote:
would it be bad to perform the exact same thing to a few tables down. should i have a different routine for every table
You should vary the type of effects you do. People will get bored pretty quickly if you only do card magic.

I recommend having different effects for different tables. The axiom "You should never show the same audience a trick twice" also counts in restaurant magic so you should avoid neighbouring tables seeing the same magic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:15 am 
Penguin

i wouldnt do out of this world mostly because while people are eating they dont want to deal cards down and stop eating. also they need space to deal down the cards so they might have to move everything around. lastly, i have found that lots of people know out of this world because when i am doing harry loraynes out of this universe people say "i know that trick!" in the middle of the routine, but after i finish the trick they say oh never mind... i know out of this world... that was a different trick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:55 am 
Penguin

btmmy wrote:
i wouldnt do out of this world mostly because while people are eating they dont want to deal cards down and stop eating. also they need space to deal down the cards so they might have to move everything around. lastly, i have found that lots of people know out of this world because when i am doing harry loraynes out of this universe people say "i know that trick!" in the middle of the routine, but after i finish the trick they say oh never mind... i know out of this world... that was a different trick

Except he would probably be at their table after they ordered and before the food arrives.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:29 am 
born to perform.

btmmy wrote:

The big problem with what you've written here is "while people are eating." Generally speaking, in restaurant work, you should not be performing at all for people while they are eating. Your prime performance time is between the seating of the patrons and arrival of the food. Once the food hits the table, you hit the road.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:39 pm 
Penguin

good point... my bad, i dont do restraunt magic.... :)