View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 9:31 pm 
born to perform.

Rofl, your posts make me laugh.

And honestly you didnt potray yourself as you were joking... and i could care less if you have a 'problem' with me.
Just the fact that you used to post 3 replies in a row to get post count up, and now you tell other people to stop spamming and what not... Irony.

Btw; I have now finished -_-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 11:24 pm 
born to perform.

i stopped doing that, if you havent figured that out yet, i read the rules. i do care if i have a problem with you, so you can go take your backtalking mouth and go suck a (mods would edit this out, and they will problably edit the rest out too, but you know what i am saying). people like you find it funny to pick on kids, just because you think they cant put up a good arguement, but to "generalize," as you said on the pro pk vs raven thread, you are problably a nerd with no life at all, other than magic. so grow up and act your age, not you IQ! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 11:35 pm 
born to perform.

Kevinwbrown wrote:
...so you can go take your backtalking mouth and go suck a (mods would edit this out, and they will problably edit the rest out too, but you know what i am saying). people like you find it funny to pick on kids, just because you think they cant put up a good arguement, but to "generalize," as you said on the pro pk vs raven thread, you are problably a nerd with no life at all, other than magic. so grow up and act your age, not you IQ! :P

Umm, who has the backtalking mouth now.

First off, why should I act my age when I could act like a very old person !?

I don't need to prove my IQ - as you said, I am a nerd... I must have a giant IQ... but wait I love picking on kids... doesn't sound like a nerd to me.

I could care less for your age.. its your attitude.

Post subject: Why stage?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 5:58 am 
Penguin

Some people weren't hugged enough as a child. (Kidding.) When it comes to stage magic there is more than just standing up there and doing tricks. It's theater, it's movement, it's make-up, it's music, it's a mass conglomeration of ideas.

I always liked stage. It was just something I preferred to do. I am trying to create an art that is all my own. For me it's about being me. For others I cannot speak for. Some want to emulate someone they saw on TV or live. Some are just attention mongers. In some ways stage is much much harder to be good at. (Unless you are an illusionist and can just buy big shiny boxes... whoa back off..I was just playin'.. kinda.)

Life is perception and what one does not understand makes perfect sense to someone else indeed.

Bizzaro.
www.smappdooda.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 5:51 pm 
Penguin

If you haven't checked out Bizzaro's web site yet (smappdooda.com) do it NOW!. I love this kind of stuff AND close up. Course you're gonna get more close up fans here at Penguin cuz this is where you buy close up tricks. But how can you say one is better than the other? It is everyones own opinion. Bizzaro. Pand T. How bout the Amazing Jonathan? I never see him mentioned. All totally different types of acts. I give them all credit for being true artists in their own fields.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:55 pm 
Penguin

Dude I used to be exactly like that. I used to think stage magic was crap because in my mind it was unrealistic. I always figured that if someone were truly magic, they would be able to use common everyday objects right in front of you. It seemed way more realistic to me that way, that you shouldn't need giant painted boxes. It didn't make logical sense to me. Street magic seemed more amazing to me because it was so raw and in your face.

But then I saw Lance Burton on youtube working with doves, candles, etc. and I saw Jeff McBride with his card manipulation act on WGM.

I think the problem is that you just haven't seen GOOD stage magic. Everyone has opinions about what they like or don't like, and I understand you might not like performances that depend heavily on big expensive props. I totally understand that, but not all stage acts are like that. Lance Burton freakin' pwns the stage with his dove productions. You should check that out if you never have.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:09 am 
born to perform.

Dang!! Way to blow the dust off a topic! This has to be a record. Lol. To bump a topic from SIX years ago??!!! Wow. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:46 am 
born to perform.

LOL XD