View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: Criss Angel Coin Trick
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:54 am 
Penguin

Check out Criss Angel's Cool Coin trick Video here:
http://www.tubejin.com/video/Criss-Angel-coin-trick.aspx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:49 am 
Penguin

Can't be done live.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:53 am 
Emperor Penguin

Nightmare91o wrote:
Can't be done live.

Actually yes it can.
Can even buy an older verison/ type of it. Called Surgical Reveal.

:roll:

Post subject: Re: Criss Angel Coin Trick
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:53 am 
born to perform.

raheelmushtaq wrote:

That's Sick.

Post subject: Re: Criss Angel Coin Trick
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:58 am 
Penguin

KrisDeagle wrote:
raheelmushtaq wrote:

That's Sick.

For those who may not be aware, there is an effect on the market by Sean Fields called Sick which is similar (if not identical)... not sure if he worked with Angel or not.

~ Kyle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:41 pm 
Penguin

DavidTheCryptic wrote:
Nightmare91o wrote:
Can't be done live.

Actually yes it can.

It's one thing to be wrong, but to be wrong with a little punk b*tch attitude is a bit irritating to me.

That exact effect has never been done for real people. There are similar effects like Surgical Reveal and Sick, but they are not identical. The coin WITH THE INITIALS is actually visible in Criss's mouth, and is apparently not touched again by his hands. It appears to be swallowed immediately. I'm not sure about the details of Surgical Reveal, but I own Sick and I know that is not possible with Sick, and probably not with SR either. The part with the coin traveling down the arm under the skin is bull, and is not part of SR or Sick. From what I hear, SR doesn't even have blood.

There are effects out there that are similar to this, but this particular one has only been performed by Criss Angel, so it all comes down to whether or not you trust him. I, for one, do not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:49 pm 
born to perform.

Nightmare91o wrote:
DavidTheCryptic wrote:
Nightmare91o wrote:
Can't be done live.

Actually yes it can.

It's one thing to be wrong, but to be wrong with a little punk b*tch attitude is a bit irritating to me.

That exact effect has never been done for real people. There are similar effects like Surgical Reveal and Sick, but they are not identical. The coin WITH THE INITIALS is actually visible in Criss's mouth, and is apparently not touched again by his hands. It appears to be swallowed immediately. I'm not sure about the details of Surgical Reveal, but I own Sick and I know that is not possible with Sick, and probably not with SR either. The part with the coin traveling down the arm under the skin is bull, and is not part of SR or Sick. From what I hear, SR doesn't even have blood.

There are effects out there that are similar to this, but this particular one has only been performed by Criss Angel, so it all comes down to whether or not you trust him. I, for one, do not.

You need to relax on the language, it's a forum, get over it.

I personally dislike Angel as well, but from what it looks like Sick is similar enough that it could pass as the same to a lay audience.

I do agree, however, that Angel is probably not giving us exactly what we're seeing.

-JT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:35 pm 
Penguin

miniserb725 wrote:
Nightmare91o wrote:
DavidTheCryptic wrote:
Nightmare91o wrote:
Can't be done live.

Actually yes it can.

I don't think I made anyone cry, but ok fair enough. I suppose it's possible that I'm the only one who found that post a little obnoxious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:38 pm 

Alright, don't disagree with Nightmare or you have a whiny attitude. Check. Here's the deal, hating Criss Angel shouldn't cause you to automatically dismiss everything the guy's ever done. Stop whining about him. No one cares anymore. Let's not turn this into a bash Criss thread. I'm tired of having to lock those up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:29 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Nightmare91o wrote:
miniserb725 wrote:
Nightmare91o wrote:
DavidTheCryptic wrote:
Nightmare91o wrote:
Can't be done live.

Actually yes it can.

I don't think I made anyone cry, but ok fair enough. I suppose it's possible that I'm the only one who found that post a little obnoxious.

Grow up.

Just because you dont trust him, doesnt mean he fakes everything.
I too dont like criss, but he does perform effects that can be replicated in live. Just because you dont know how or cant figure it out... doesnt mean it isnt possible or real. Thats ignorant and a bad attitude.

On top of that, you didnt help the original poster one bit with your quip comment. Thats annoying and "obnoxious."
Next time maybe put more thought into your post.

Quote:
Alright, don't disagree with Nightmare or you have [to deal with] a whiny attitude
:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:23 pm 
Penguin

exodus wrote:
Alright, don't disagree with Nightmare or you have a whiny attitude.

I'm not sure where the bias is coming from. Maybe it's because I haven't been here as long as you guys or something... who knows. But that statement is clearly fabricated just to make me look like the bad guy, which will only work on people who are too stupid to see that it has no actual basis in reality.

What you did was try to make it look like I accused David of having an attitude, simply because his opinion was different from mine. That was blatantly bias and dishonest, so good job. As it appears, David assumes that other effects on the market like Sick and SR are the same as the effect Criss "performed," which is simply not true. There are obvious differences. It was not a matter of opinion at all.

Whether Criss's effect was legit or not can be disputed, because it cannot be conclusively confirmed or denied, but again... that's not what this was about.

And I did not accuse him of having an attitude because he disagreed. I accused him of having an attitude because he clearly did. I don't mind someone being wrong, but a combination of wrong and arrogant can get on my nerves a wee bit.

Re-reading his post now, I can see that he never directly stated that Sick or SR was exactly the same. He only said that it can be done live and that SR was an older version of it. The latter of these statements is a truth that I will agree with, while the former is simply opinion. An accurate paraphrase of his post could be something like:

Quote:
It is my opinion that this can be done live. Surgical Reveal is an older version of it, but not necessarily the exact same.

But if this is all he's saying, it makes no sense to insert the "oh look at this poor idiot... I'm so much smarter than him" smiley and give off that vibe of arrogance that he chose to give off, which is what's causing me to infer the things I'm inferring. But if that's all he's saying and stuck his little smiley there just because he thought it looked pretty, then I will apologize to him. But to me, his post looked a lot like:

Quote:
Of course it can be done live. I know this because there is an older version of it on the market. It's very different, but the fact that it's real proves that Criss's is real.

You SERIOUSLY didn't know that? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:28 pm 

Hey, he said "Actually, yes it can" and you responded "It's one thing to be wrong, but to be wrong with a little punk b*tch attitude is a bit irritating to me. " You started name calling as soon as he disagreed with you. At what point did I fabricate anything? It has nothing to do with the users in particular. I've told David he was wrong plenty of times. He does wake up every morning. I do have to apologize though. See, I'm not capable of reading an attitude from a sentence that simple. I read that as a simple disagreement. You read it as a personal attack. Now that you've admit that you read between the lines as to the intent of the smiley that he ALWAYS uses, I see where you're coming from, but totally disagree on the point of his post. I take the smiley more as a "Wow, another thread bashing a guy just because you don't like him".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:27 am 
Penguin

exodus wrote:
Hey, he said "Actually, yes it can" and you responded "It's one thing to be wrong, but to be wrong with a little punk b*tch attitude is a bit irritating to me. " You started name calling as soon as he disagreed with you.

Name calling would be "you're a punk b*tch." What I said was not just a mindless insult. Maybe it's possible that I misconstrued the intended purpose of the smiley, but his post came off to me as arrogant, and all I did was mention that. It was one sentence out of ten I believe. I commented on how I percieved the tone of the post, then quickly moved on and explained why I stated that he was wrong. Nothing after that first line was disrespectful in any way. This has been blown out of proportion.

exodus wrote:
At what point did I fabricate anything?

The quote from you in my previous post is what you fabricated, and the second paragraph explains why it was completely bias and had no basis in reality.

exodus wrote:
I see where you're coming from, but totally disagree on the point of his post.

Well, I guess only David knows for sure.

exodus wrote:
I take the smiley more as a "Wow, another thread bashing a guy just because you don't like him".

If that was purpose of the smiley, he read between the lines just as much as I did by thinking my post was supposed to bash Criss Angel. Then you come on here telling me to stop whining about him, as if that's what I was even doing. I hardly ever even mention Criss anymore. The most I've said about Criss in this particular thread is that I don't trust anything I see him do on TV and that that particular effect cannot be done live exactly as it appears in that video. A grand total of nine words spanning two posts. You guys don't have to spaz every time someone hints that Criss might be a hack. I understand you're tired of it, but wait until someone actually whines to whine about the whining.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]