View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: How To Do The Double Sawing
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:44 am 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 02 Dec 2008
Posts: 531
how do i do this? its where he cuts two people in half, sometimes different race or gender, and mixes them up and they get the others legs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How To Do The Double Sawing
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:04 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Moderator

Joined: 21 Feb 2003
Posts: 14016
Location: Las Vegas, NV/Albuquerque, NM/Pensacola, FL
Look into the work of Jim Steinmeyer.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How To Do The Double Sawing
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:25 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 02 Dec 2008
Posts: 531
I can only find a list of the tricks he has made, notin else


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How To Do The Double Sawing
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:33 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Moderator

Joined: 21 Feb 2003
Posts: 14016
Location: Las Vegas, NV/Albuquerque, NM/Pensacola, FL
He's got a lot of books. Many are out of print.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How To Do The Double Sawing
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:39 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 02 Dec 2008
Posts: 531
doug henning is the main one that performed it, can u tell me how though?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How To Do The Double Sawing
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:52 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 25 Aug 2007
Posts: 474
magicianandyoyoer wrote:
doug henning is the main one that performed it, can u tell me how though?


You do realize that anyone can access this forum right? We're not going to expose secrets all over it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How To Do The Double Sawing
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:01 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Moderator

Joined: 21 Feb 2003
Posts: 14016
Location: Las Vegas, NV/Albuquerque, NM/Pensacola, FL
We won't tell you how, but we will give you references to get started.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How To Do The Double Sawing
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:03 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 02 Dec 2008
Posts: 531
yeah, i see your point, could you pm me where i could find it? i want to be a profession al magician, i've been doing magic off and on for years, even though im only 12:) its just, if i could do that trick at my show and as young as i am, it would be mistifying!

okay:)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How To Do The Double Sawing
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:37 am 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 10 Dec 2005
Posts: 1394
Location: Newmarket, ON, Canada
Actually at your age it would be less than mystifying. People older than you would wonder what the trick is instead of how you did it. What that means is, if you perform the same effect as someone who is around 25 years old, the 25 year old will get better reactions because the audience will be more inclined to believe he can do mystifying things (given his age). When someone your age does it, they'll think: "how cute, he learned how to saw someone in half, it must not be too hard to do after all... I wonder what the trick behind it is". When they see the 25 year old do it, they won't necessarily wonder what the trick behind it is.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How To Do The Double Sawing
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:15 am 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 22 Jun 2009
Posts: 908
bucky310 wrote:
Actually at your age it would be less than mystifying. People older than you would wonder what the trick is instead of how you did it. What that means is, if you perform the same effect as someone who is around 25 years old, the 25 year old will get better reactions because the audience will be more inclined to believe he can do mystifying things (given his age). When someone your age does it, they'll think: "how cute, he learned how to saw someone in half, it must not be too hard to do after all... I wonder what the trick behind it is". When they see the 25 year old do it, they won't necessarily wonder what the trick behind it is.


And this, my friends, is known as generalizing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How To Do The Double Sawing
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:28 pm 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 10 Dec 2005
Posts: 1394
Location: Newmarket, ON, Canada
I don't care that I've been generalizing. He should go ahead and perform it, I'm just trying to tell him not to expect people to erupt in applause just because he's 12. Hey, maybe he should film it and we can all judge his performance and reaction? Sound like a plan? I've seen this go wrong way too many times for kids, so yeah I'll generalize all I want. If you have a problem with it, then too bad, it's my opinion, not yours.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How To Do The Double Sawing
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:50 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 02 Dec 2008
Posts: 531
i will hopefully, just need to find out how, lol!:D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How To Do The Double Sawing
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:06 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 28 May 2007
Posts: 2753
Nothing wrong with a 12 year old doing this trick. True the reaction will likely be "How Cute!" but it will still be magical and people will still be entertained. I have a magic club at the school I teach at and we do the Metamorphosis. It's a real crowd pleas-er. I don't do sawing in half but I'm sure it will get a similar reaction. If you haven't already I might recommend you look into Andrew Mayne's Bi-Section. At you age it will likely be more funny than scary but for thirty bucks for the DVD plus thirty more for materials you will have your first illusion in that theme.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How To Do The Double Sawing
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:14 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 22 Jun 2009
Posts: 908
bucky310 wrote:
I don't care that I've been generalizing. He should go ahead and perform it, I'm just trying to tell him not to expect people to erupt in applause just because he's 12. Hey, maybe he should film it and we can all judge his performance and reaction? Sound like a plan? I've seen this go wrong way too many times for kids, so yeah I'll generalize all I want. If you have a problem with it, then too bad, it's my opinion, not yours.


If you had've stated it was merely your opinion rather than give it off as fact, then I wouldn't have said anything.

Now now, no need to be hasty my fellow penguin.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How To Do The Double Sawing
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:21 pm 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 21 Jan 2008
Posts: 2610
Location: Canada
Odds are the kid doesn't have enough money to do it anyway. The illusion costs a bit of money.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2009 Penguin Magic, Inc.