View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Silk to Cane help
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:10 pm 
born to perform.

I'm looking for an inexpensive silk to cane (like the type Justin Kredible has) that isn't a piece of crap lol

~Zenn

Post subject: Re: Silk to Cane help
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:16 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Ive noticed you're always looking for cheep ("inexspensive") magic... you need to realize you get what you pay for. Some things will cost you money... learn to save up for it and/or not buy some much stuff.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:26 pm 
born to perform.

DavidTheCryptic wrote:
I've noticed you're always looking for cheap ("inexpensive") magic... you need to realize you get what you pay for. Some things will cost you money... learn to save up for it and/or not buy so much stuff.

The reason I look for inexpensive (I never say cheap, you can get good quality for a little bit if you know where to look) is because A) I'm a college student still trying to find a job so I have little to no income and the only thing Magic I've purchased recently was my color changing knives (which I got for 10 bucks and they are excellent quality). and B) as I said in my gift list thread, I have a list of magic items so that when its the holidays and my birthday and people ask what I want I can show them list. Yes I would love to be able to get really expensive things but its rude to ask for something so expensive for a gift.

So yes I do ask for help finding things that aren't expensive, but wouldn't you want to get the most bang out of your buck

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:46 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Not all of the time. I have bought some cheap magic myself, just to see if I like the general effect, but I've never used them in my show, unless it is for a gag. Investing into some quality magic is well worth the expense. If you try to only find inexpensive magic, you will find out soon that you have a lot of cheap crap.

As for your request, Fantasio has a very good one.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:18 pm 
born to perform.

fallingblood wrote:
Not all of the time. I have bought some cheap magic myself, just to see if I like the general effect, but I've never used them in my show, unless it is for a gag. Investing into some quality magic is well worth the expense. If you try to only find inexpensive magic, you will find out soon that you have a lot of cheap crap.

As for your request, Fantasio has a very good one.

Thank you for your help, I see your point but for now this is my situation, once I have a steady source of income or I get some more gigs I will deff invest in higher quality goods, just for now this is what I have to deal with.

I look into that cane

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:01 pm 
born to perform.

Fantasio has some great canes and candles. If it is an appearing cane you covet the most, I would recommend a metal one over a plastic one. That being said, Fantasio candles maybe something worth your consideration. The candles are less expensive and provide a more elegant overall appearance (In my opinion). On the plus side, if you purchase a Fantasio Vanishing Candle...you can also work out a method to make it appear. I have had my Vanishing Candle for nearly 3 decades and have not had to replace it yet. It is a prop I use for nearly every show. Highly Recommended and it sounds like it's within the range of your budget.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:07 pm 
born to perform.

bLiNdSiDe wrote:
Fantasio has some great canes and candles. If it is an appearing cane you covet the most, I would recommend a metal one over a plastic one. That being said, Fantasio candles maybe something worth your consideration. The candles are less expensive and provide a more elegant overall appearance (In my opinion). On the plus side, if you purchase a Fantasio Vanishing Candle...you can also work out a method to make it appear. I have had my Vanishing Candle for nearly 3 decades and have not had to replace it yet. It is a prop I use for nearly every show. Highly Recommended and it sounds like it's within the range of your budget.

Thanks for the advice!