View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Impromtou Show while waiting in line
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:46 pm 
born to perform.

eostresh wrote:
Zenn_Darkfire wrote:
I agree with David on the leatherman thing. No one I know has one of these and also I think a gimmicked one would be a bit more difficult to hide the gimmicked part

Could be my experience in out west where I grew up. I havn't seen a pocket knife in years but everyone has a letherman. As for size....The squirts should work fine. They are about the same size as the little butterfly knives I have. They are a little wider but not much thicker or longer than a standard Morgar set. Biggest problem is you cant do the trick opening. That is one of the funnest parts of the morgar knives and gives the spectator a reason to inspect the knife without overselling the fact that they are inspecting the knife.

As for the random post...agreed. Don't mean to be a jerk but please read through all the rules about posting before submitting posts.

Hey jw how old are you? lol

Haha I don't have Mogar knives (just the DVDs) I have a 10 buck pair of Enardoe replica knives and I LOVE them lol but I see your point, in some areas it might work better than others

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:27 pm 
Emperor Penguin

eostresh wrote:
Zenn_Darkfire wrote:
I agree with David on the leatherman thing. No one I know has one of these and also I think a gimmicked one would be a bit more difficult to hide the gimmicked part

Could be my experience in out west where I grew up. I havn't seen a pocket knife in years but everyone has a letherman. As for size....The squirts should work fine. They are about the same size as the little butterfly knives I have. They are a little wider but not much thicker or longer than a standard Morgar set. Biggest problem is you cant do the trick opening. That is one of the funnest parts of the morgar knives and gives the spectator a reason to inspect the knife without overselling the fact that they are inspecting the knife.

As for the random post...agreed. Don't mean to be a jerk but please read through all the rules about posting before submitting posts.

"The west" isnt very specific. Thats alot of space. Now Californians are always tryin to be sophisticated, so that would make sense for them to carry a leatherman- even though most probably dont know how to use one to its fullest. :lol:
Like I said, it varies from state to state most likely.
We Texas like to carry guns and Knifes- keep the tools in our truck.
Not very often do I need my leatherman jsut walking around with my friends, and cant really defend your self with it, too bulky and the squirts are too small. :P

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:12 pm 
born to perform.

DavidTheCryptic wrote:
eostresh wrote:
Zenn_Darkfire wrote:

"The west" isnt very specific. Thats alot of space. Now Californians are always tryin to be sophisticated, so that would make sense for them to carry a leatherman- even though most probably dont know how to use one to its fullest. :lol:
Like I said, it varies from state to state most likely.
We Texas like to carry guns and Knifes- keep the tools in our truck.
Not very often do I need my leatherman jsut walking around with my friends, and cant really defend your self with it, too bulky and the squirts are too small. :P

I grew up in Wyoming, mostly ranchers and rural folks who never know when they'll need to fix something. Our knives are bigger than our leathermans and usually only needed for dressing out an elk. So I suppose a color changing hunting knife would go over well out there but that would be worse than a S.O.G. heavy duty, super duper, got a fricken hammer for God's sake, multi tool!

Incidentally, that's also why I love the Mullica and BKM wallets. I just wish they came with a big gaudy engraved button and a tassel! Who ever said a secretary style wallet is to big for a hip pocket ain't ever seen a cowboy!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:26 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Quote:
Incidentally, that's also why I love the Mullica and BKM wallets. I just wish they came with a big gaudy engraved button and a tassel! Who ever said a secretary style wallet is to big for a hip pocket ain't ever seen a cowboy!

Thats true.

And a Color Changin Hunting knife woudl be pretty sweet.

I just dont see the need to carry a leatherman on my belt, even while at my ranch.
There I just carry my Bowie knife or field knife, or some-other large [edited] knife. :lol:
Though my dad carrys his leatherman on him. He is just the only one I know who does.
Though theres nothing really to change on them. They dont have colors, at least mine dont.
Do you have colored leathermans?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:18 pm 
born to perform.

Well the squirts have different colors not the big ones...well actually I think you can get the bigger ones in camouflage.(Who ever thought of that idea has never been hunting and spend a 1/2 an hour looking for their knife, "I swear I left it right here!") Sorry I digress. The squirts are small and have different colored handles. They are a real handy tool for fly fisherman and possibly other fisherman as well. So that totally works for me. The Juices are bigger than the squirts but smaller than the regular leathermans. They also have colored riveted handles. If you had pretty big hands you might get those to work but then you get into a problem of believability because they are mostly marketed to outdoorsy women. So if you are a woman with really big hands I suppose you could use one of those? It's all academic anyways. I didn't really realize Lethermans were as regional as they are. In the rocky mountain ranch states they are a dime a dozen and we have all forgotten what a pocket knife looks like. Apparently that's not the case in most other states. Oh well, I'll have to make my own some day.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:33 pm 
born to perform.

I will walk around with cards out everwhere. Sometimes I'll be standing around at a store and start doing some fancy flourishes and the crowd will come to me.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:52 am 
born to perform.

Hey...fellow lovers of the color changing knives...check this out.
http://www.penguinmagic.com/specialorde ... p?ID=11000

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:09 am 
born to perform.

cool =D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:19 am 
born to perform.

This was a really interesting article I've been meaning to post for a while

http://magicref.tripod.com/magref/artknife.htm