View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Do you use live animals in your show?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:27 pm 
Penguin

I use live animals in my shows. It gives a boost to a performance if done the right way.

Post subject: Re: Do you use live animals in your show?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:49 pm 
born to perform.

No, though I am interested in dove magic one day (as long as they are ok, I'm a HUGE animal lover)

YOU HAVE A BABY TIGER?!?!?!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:54 pm 
Penguin

Zenn_Darkfire wrote:

No, I do not have a tiger cub. But I do know where to get one if my clients request one. My regular used pets are doves, a rabbit and a chinchilla.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:00 pm 
born to perform.

Dynamike wrote:
Zenn_Darkfire wrote:

No, I do not have a tiger cub. But I do know where to get one if my clients request one. My regular used pets are doves, a rabbit and a chinchilla.

Oh ok... I saw your promo picture and freaked out lol. You use a chinchilla? What effects do you do with it (he or she)? I know their bones can break very easily and if you brush their fur the wrong way it falls off (same with water)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:33 pm 
Penguin

I make my chinchilla appear with a dove Pan early in my show. I have her sit on a stand so all can see her for display. In the middle of my show I will put her thru a small Rabbit Wringer. Near the end I will make her come back by doing a rabbit/chinchilla spit. You can watch a demo of the rabbit/chinchilla split on my promo video of my website

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:02 pm 
born to perform.

oh wow... I honestly didn't think you could use a chinchilla in magic just because they are so delicate and fragile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:24 am 

If you use animals in your show make sure that you 1) have GOOD insurance and 2) that animals are not excluded in the policy. One kid that has an allergy and your toast. Mike it sounds like you are using the animals to entertain instead of being entertaining yourself.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:31 am 
Penguin

Zenn_Darkfire wrote:
oh wow... I honestly didn't think you could use a chinchilla in magic just because they are so delicate and fragile

A lot of rumors do go around. Don't believe everything you hear. Some people want to give demands just to be on the high horse. I am not going to say any names, but I know an old man member who is like that. That is why I keep him on my 'ignore list'.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:59 am 
born to perform.

Dynamike wrote:
Zenn_Darkfire wrote:

A lot of rumors do go around. Don't believe everything you hear. Some people want to give demands just to be on the high horse. I am not going to say any names, but I know an old man member who is like that. That is why I keep him on my 'ignore list'.

The reason I said that is my class in elementary school had one and we have a close family friend who breeds Chinchillas. She told us that you have to be very careful with them because of their fur and bones. I was just surprised you would use them in a show. I know they are adorable and kids love them, but I would be to afraid it would get hurt IMO

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:48 pm 
Penguin

I use animals in my shows as well.

The animals are used in a very small part of the show. Its mostly for the aww factor. As Paddy inferred some people do use them as a crutch and that is sad. But it does help get some of the bookings and I do inform the parents to tell the other parents about the animals. On a couple occasions I have been asked to leave them at home. If the schedule permits I will take the booking and leave the animals at home.

I also have liability insurance and have been told it is alright to use them the way I do.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:05 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I choose not to use animals in my kids shows. On an occasion, I will produce a bunny, but that is as far as it goes (and I never give it away. I know some magicians who will give a bunny to a birthday child, but I'm very against that, simply because the likely outcome is that it will either die, or be abandoned). I will only produce a bunny though if specifically requested, and then I also charge more. I am covered though with my insurance just in case, but I also make sure that everyone is informed that a live animal will be produced though.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:55 pm 
Team Penguin

mmmmmmmk

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:13 pm 
Penguin

Tony Clark and Lance Burton use animals too. I see no complaints with their animal acts.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:27 pm 
born to perform.

Dynamike wrote:
Tony Clark and Lance Burton use animals too. I see no complaints with their animal acts.

Oh I hope you don't think I was complaining! I personally want to get into dove magic (ala Lance Burton) and get a rabbit for kids shows (plus my family loves animals lol) my only comment was about the Chinchilla and I explained why above. How do you use tie tiger cub (when requested to) in your act?