View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Looking for something
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:40 pm 
Penguin

Recently, i have been performing more and more magic at school, and i realized something. I dont know that many effects that can hit big while involving more than like 3 specs. Any recommendations?
Also i tend to like performing more mental and pk type effects. Any help is appreciated! :D

Post subject: Re: Looking for something
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:40 am 
Penguin

with mentalism I can't help you, but I know that cups and balls can be amazing even for crowds of 100's

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:16 am 
Penguin

Yeah it can, but at school that can be difficult to to carry around and perform, thanks though!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:14 pm 
Penguin

then ropes.
you should check out fiber optics.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:34 pm 
Penguin

ok, thanks

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:18 pm 
born to perform.

You know with all the highschool and colledge performers I'm surprised no one has come up with a change bag pencil case or some other handy gimmick that would play well with students??? As for you question I'd reccomend Jermay's EI but it is a longer routine. It would work great at lunchtime or hanging out afterschool but it is not quick enough for between class breaks.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:50 pm 
Penguin

Ok ill check that out, and in my school there is almost no time between classes so i do all the performing during lunch. So EI would be suitable. Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:55 pm 
Team Penguin

Gazzo's Tossed Out Deck is a must. It's just amazing. And the DVD is coming in a few weeks. One of the best tricks for crowds of people ever.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:49 pm 
Penguin

Will the dvd come with the deck?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:04 pm 
Emperor Penguin

acar wrote:
Gazzo's Tossed Out Deck is a must. It's just amazing. And the DVD is coming in a few weeks. One of the best tricks for crowds of people ever.

Actually this effect isnt the best for the type of situation he is performing in; Unless its a parlor or stage show (i.e. Talent show), even large busking groups. This effect isnt ment to be performed close up and with a small crowd- like school out side or at lunch (unless you perform for the whole cafeteria or a real large group... which I doubt is the situation). You'd really be risking being caught.
Its Tossed around for a reason... not handed around.

Now what you can do instead is a simplier version where you simply force 3 different cards and reveal them to the people.
Be creative, come up with some of your own stuff. Get Royal Road, Card College or the one of the Apocolypse books. Figure out ways to include more people. Even if its as simple as holding the cards or one guy picking and another signing.

Montes can also be mutli-person effects. But again, those might not go over well in school.

Sponge Balls is one of your best bets. Pick up Sponge with Jay No..[I cant spell the rest of his name].

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:35 pm 
born to perform.

DavidTheCryptic wrote:
Pick up Sponge with Jay No..[I cant spell the rest of his name].

Noblezada.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:52 pm 
Team Penguin

jonoborn wrote:
Will the dvd come with the deck?

Yes, definitely.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:58 pm 
Penguin

David Regal's Inflight.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:03 am 
Penguin

isn't that also a tossed out deck?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:12 pm 
born to perform.

Well there's a few that you can do my personal favorite would have to be the Invisible Deck and use a normal deck this is how I usually go about my routine:

have them pick the normal deck and get them to shuffle it up and cut the deck and pick one of the piles and get rid of the pile they didn't choose and get them to pass it to another person and do the same thing until only 2 cards are left and then turn them over and ask them to choose 1 of the cards and then bring out the Invisible Deck and you have a miracle.

Another great effect I love performing is John Bannon's Dead Reckoning from his Dear Mr. Fantasy book and his Bullets After Dark DVD Set it's a genuine miracle when you perform it because you barely touch the deck when doing it. Actually most of the stuff from Bullets After Dark are great and almost self working for most of them (there's 5 self working effects out of 12 routines)

Another amazing effect that can play well for crowds is the DaMasuda Deck by Masuda it is absolutely amazing and incredibly easy to perform.

If you're into mentalism then I'd suggest you get 13 Steps To Mentalism book or DVD Set they have some amazing stuff in them. Also some other great mentalism effects are Powerball 60 by Richard Sanders and Bill Abbott/99 by Jay Sankey/Universal Impression by B Smith/and Liquify by Richard Sanders and Bill Abbott.

As for PK I'm not really into it but you could always get the Tarantula ITR or the Master Levitation System by Steve Fearson. He just came out with a new thread that's completely invisible and can easily hold up an entire deck of cards which is pretty cool.

Hope this helps you and good luck.

Sincerely,

KingOfNynex2003