View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
 Post subject: BUSKING
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:10 am 
Penguin

I know the older posts are >really< old, but it isn't necroposting if it's a topic that lasts forever :P

Being a mild circus performer of magic and other things, I use my talents in a defensive way so people don't even try to harass me.

My act used to consist of fire breathing and fireplay, and I highly encourage it (as long as you are an insured magician*cough cough*. If you want to make real money as a street performer I advise getting insurance either way(prop loss, etc.) Thus, not too< many people are going to say "hey I'm a dude with a little knife, I'm gonna go harass that guy spewing 14 feet flames." Now, this has happened still, but you can be playful and legal while protecting yourself :P. And i would advise in practicing a few martial arts, as well as carrying mace or pepper. :)

Post subject: Re: BUSKING
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:42 pm 

That advice is like letting your alligator mouth overload your butterfle a$$. Point by point.
1. fire eaters and insurance. Well Specialty, WCA,IBM and SAM all have exclusions for fire in their policies, flash paper is fine everything else is forbidden.

The old Martial arts thing is fine but remember that you are a public figure and if you hurt someone his attorney is going to sue you. Yes you'll win but do you know what it cost to hire a lawyer to defend youself, a BUNCH. Oh yea I've never seen a martial artist as fast as a bullet.

Some jurisdictions in the U.S. have laws about civilians carrying mace and pepper spray just makes the person angry enough to kick your butt harder.

Yes there are ways of protecting yourself if you need to but breating fire at them gets YOU in deep do do.
Paddy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13