View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Postmentalism...
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:45 am 
born to perform.

Does anyone have this effect??

If so, do you like it?? I read the reviews on the product page but none of them are really in depth. However, it seems like the product is pretty awesome.

I ask because I'm pretty sure my wife bought me this effect as a Christmas gift, so I was hoping to get some impressions of it!!!

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Postmentalism...
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:25 am 
Penguin

i like it but it's hard to find a good time to use. i enjoy the cleverness of the method but its not something i use that often.
if you just say "hey ive got a prediction and im gonna mail it to you" it does sound a little bit weird. the justification is that the post office is the middle man so that you know the prediction wont be tampered with. even though it actually makes sense to do that, most of the people ive dealt with just say "why cant you just give me the prediction now?"
now, a really good time to use it is when you have a friend visiting from out of state or whereever and then you mail the prediction to where they are from. you can make it really meaningful like if you have a girlfriend who lives far away and comes to visit you can write a prediction of the things that will happen during her visit and when she goes home she'll have the envelope with your prediction waiting for her.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:59 pm 
Penguin

I'm having the same trouble jeff is. It's a very clever method indeed, one that nobody would ever think of. There's pretty much no chance anyone would guess how it works. I just personally haven't found a practical use for it yet. I'm waiting for a better excuse to use the post office than "so it can't be tampered with" because if that was the only problem, it seems like there would be so many much simpler ways to solve that than by mailing it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:51 am 
born to perform.

Well, I know she got it for me now (I have my ways...hehehehe...) and here's what I'm thinking for it.

I'm a sports NUT. All of my friends are also sports NUTS.

Here's how I figure I'm going to play it.

Me-"A.J., what's your address??"
Him-"Why?"
Me-"I'm going to make a prediction about the football game tonight and mail it to you..."
Him-"Why can't you just give it to me?"
Me-"Because I don't want you to know the outcome of the game before it happens...I wouldn't want you to go using my prediction skills to your advantage to go gambling or anything. So if I send it to you, you know when I sent it and that it was before the game, but then you won't get it until after the game so you won't be able to use it to gain an upper hand on any of the other gamblers."
Him-"Alright, I live at...."
Me-"Now let's go drop this in the mailbox out front."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:42 am 
Penguin

Gimpdiggity wrote:
Well, I know she got it for me now (I have my ways...hehehehe...) and here's what I'm thinking for it.

I'm a sports NUT. All of my friends are also sports NUTS.

Here's how I figure I'm going to play it.

Me-"A.J., what's your address??"
Him-"Why?"
Me-"I'm going to make a prediction about the football game tonight and mail it to you..."
Him-"Why can't you just give it to me?"
Me-"Because I don't want you to know the outcome of the game before it happens...I wouldn't want you to go using my prediction skills to your advantage to go gambling or anything. So if I send it to you, you know when I sent it and that it was before the game, but then you won't get it until after the game so you won't be able to use it to gain an upper hand on any of the other gamblers."
Him-"Alright, I live at...."
Me-"Now let's go drop this in the mailbox out front."

ah good one. i never thought of using that as the justfication.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:21 am 
born to perform.

jeffwehner wrote:

ah good one. i never thought of using that as the justfication.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:38 am 
born to perform.

I got it today, for Christmas.

After reading through the instructions, I think I'm going to really like this.

As stated, I'm a sports nut. I can just imagine the look on people's faces when they come back to work telling me that all of my predictions were right.

And since I'm such a sports nut, I imagine I'll actually get a TON of use out of this product.