View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Subtle Concepts card DVD
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:49 am 
Penguin

I have seen this in the past when it was in development on youtube, therefore kept tabs, it seems they just released it through a website- Subtleconcepts.net
My questions are, is this a DVD for a card technicians, magicians, flourish based or what? It seems to have a little bit of everything and is a quality product according to the pictures. I love all aspects of cards and do flourishes as well as some pretty challenging sleights, I'm looking for new moves. I can't find much feedback on it and would like some other thoughts before I buy a couple for Christmas gifts. I like the fact that it's from Hawaii, so it seems like it would be a nice gift, was hoping for some bikini beach footage ^_^ Sounds good, I'm sold.
All advice welcome, thank you.

Post subject: Re: Subtle Concepts card DVD
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:02 pm 
born to perform.

Wow dude. At least make a few b.s. posts on something else before you try to push your product. Soooo transparent.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:12 pm 
Penguin

Most sites are strict on advertising, it's hard to post it straight.
Either way, there will be complaints about posting.
I believe you were one of the first to post last time as well.
Thanks for your support. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:23 pm 
born to perform.

<rant edited> How about earn some respect, apologize and think about being more ethical in the future.</rant edited>

Edit: he did apologize for the posting in a PM so I appreciate it and respect his owning up to a bad idea. Sometimes things sound good at the time but backfire in ways we don't expect. I wish him the best going forward.

Last edited by tbwendt on Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:59 pm 
Penguin

Like i said, either way people are going to complain and attack.
I'm not asking for your support. Before you drop bombs, try to have a better understanding and overall picture of me and the product.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:26 pm 
born to perform.

i don't have problems with it personally. I am fasinated with all kinds of deception. Im just saying use a little tact and make me actually beleive what you're saying. It's way to obvious. But whatever. Good luck with your thing there.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:29 pm 
Emperor Penguin

godsend12887 wrote:
Like i said, either way people are going to complain and attack.
I'm not asking for your support. Before you drop bombs, try to have a better understanding and overall picture of me and the product.

First: Thats hard when you dont give us anything to go on but 2-3 posts about the same thing- Hawking a bad product.
Second: Have you taken the time to understand why people get upset over your advertising? Doesnt seem like it. Its rather Disrespectful to come on to another Stores forum Or on sites that sell advertising to magic stores or single effects, and you just post a topic to try and sell your own product .
Third: Your product doesnt look like anything special to me.
Fourth: Your post was just plain Insulting to the members here.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:42 pm 
born to perform.

Thanks for the info. I'll go tell everybody I know NOT to buy this dvd. Congratulations, you just lost some customers.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:34 am 

I do have to say that if the DVD is the one that I just saw a youtube trailer for, then it doesn't look bad at all. Just keep in mind that mentioning the product isn't the problem. It's the deliberate attempt to deceive people into thinking it's not your product. Do what Jeff Prace did, make (quite) a few real posts to establish your credibility, then mention your products. If it gets picked up by Murphy's Magic, Penguin will carry it. Good luck on the product itself, but this topic can only go downhill because of your methods of promoting it so far, so I'm going to lock it up.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]