View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:27 am 
born to perform.

sirbrad wrote:
orcishorde wrote:
Ummm i was in the same boat as you but

if you go to Go Lo their is usually a set of forks in their i found and they are $1.99 for 4 forks, the Times bend ok they are not super weak but are not super strong i think they are prfect but just try going down to a Go Lo and checkinig it out

Anthony

Go Lo?? WTH is that? There is nothng named that in my area. Also that would be more expensive than what I am paying now for 36. Would be $18 plus tax. I get 36 for $7.00 but the shipping is what makes it about $16. If I find them at a restaurant supply store, I will be set.

GoLo is like an Australian version of Walmart.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:29 am 
born to perform.

revelation77 wrote:
sirbrad wrote:
orcishorde wrote:
Ummm i was in the same boat as you but

if you go to Go Lo their is usually a set of forks in their i found and they are $1.99 for 4 forks, the Times bend ok they are not super weak but are not super strong i think they are prfect but just try going down to a Go Lo and checkinig it out

Anthony

Go Lo?? WTH is that? There is nothng named that in my area. Also that would be more expensive than what I am paying now for 36. Would be $18 plus tax. I get 36 for $7.00 but the shipping is what makes it about $16. If I find them at a restaurant supply store, I will be set.

GoLo is like an Australian version of Walmart.

Excet Wal - Mart is HUGE and Go Lo isa tiny little cheap 2 dollar store :lol:

Anthoy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:51 am 
born to perform.

orcishorde wrote:
Excet Wal - Mart is HUGE and Go Lo isa tiny little cheap 2 dollar store :lol:

Anthoy

lol, pretty much. Probably not the best comparison.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:39 pm 
Penguin

you can get Dominion forks, the kind Morgan uses, in cases on amazon for a pretty low price.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:28 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Umm yeah, did you even read the rest of the thread?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:29 pm 
Penguin

dollar store

Post subject: Dominion
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:06 pm 
Penguin

i bought a bunch of dominion forks off amazon.com but they're not so flexible, you can't do the corkscrew with them. I thought it was i wasn't strong enough but last night at was at the silver diner and the forks on their tables worked perfect i was even able to do the corkscrew and when i checked the brand they were dominion forks and looked just like mine, but weren't so hard to bend. does anyone know where i can get those kind of dominion forks and not the hard ones?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:57 pm 
Emperor Penguin

The Amazon ones work fine for me, but I have pretty strong hands and I am used to it now.

Post subject: Re: forks for liquid metal
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:44 pm 
Penguin

I just got my dominion forks from Amazon.(costly shipping.i dont like that)

And they are pretty good. Bend easily but not as easily as I had imagined. Also, it requires a lot of strength and a napkin to do the corkscrew. Its impossible to do it barehanded.

Are there any better, more flexible forks available? And are these the same ones that Morgan uses in the video? Because these seem like the hard batch one...I wanted the soft batch.
Also, if anyone has actually performed with these forks , could you please give your experience. Was it easy enough to bend the forks in real time? Since if its not, the fork wont get completely bent and that would surely be a problem.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

PS. I am surprised that there is no other discussion board for this other than this one.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:50 pm 
born to perform.

cooldude9119 wrote:
Are there any better, more flexible forks available?

Go to your local restaurant supply store, and try out the forks before buying.

Try Don or Stars and Stripes. See my review:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6L0X5ny9j0

You'll be able to use your Dominions in no time, just keep working at it. In the meantime, you can bend the fork down into a complete 180 degrees then twist sideways to complete the corkscrew.

Also try turning your left hand (one holding the fork head) an extra revolution away, so the bent tine is resting against your fingers instead of your palm. This gives you more leverage for the yank.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:02 am 
born to perform.

It took me awhile to get the corkscrew down, it just takes practice. As you practice you will develope finger strength, and you will be bending the Domenion like butter in no time!

Zambini

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:05 pm 
Penguin

Thanks for the replies.

akirafist, I feel that I should have seen yr review before buying my dominion forks.
Mine say "next day gourmet Med Wt Dominion" on the back. And they are hard to bend. I simply cannot do the corkscrew with them.
I like the stars and stripes one you reviewed but the shipping cost is again too much. I dont know what to do about that. It cost like $8 for shipping whereas the forks are $3, so doesnt seem wise to buy them.

I just hope that I develop the fingerstrength in some time like Zambini said.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:11 pm 
born to perform.

cooldude9119: hit Google and find a restaurant supplier near you. Visit them, and try out all the forks. If you cannot find one, go to nearby restaurants/bars and try their forks, ask where they got them once you find a good one.

Until then, try the dollar store or walmart.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:18 am 
Penguin

For those of you who got Dominion forks and have trouble bending them:

There are actually two kinds of Dominion Dinner Forks, at least from Winco, and I got the wrong ones at first:

[*]MEDIUM Dominion Dinner Fork (WINCO Item No: 0001-05). Sadly, the "Medium" is not written on the box the forks come in, but it is a different product from those below. These are the ones I bought: http://www.amazon.com/Dominion-Medium-Weight-Flatware-Dinner/dp/B0001ILYK6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1295697857&sr=8-1. They ship worldwide, I live in Germany and got them (but shipping was 2x the price of the forks). Mine perform ok with Liquid Metal.

[*] HEAVY Dominion Dinner Fork (WINCO Item No: 0014-05). Those are also sold simply as "Dominion Donner Forks" and at a casual glance they look the same, but as a beginner to this trick, I could not twist them. Don't get those.

So be sure you got the right ones.

Another thing I myself stumbled over following the Liquid Metal routine: When Morgan puts the corkscrew in, he shows it with a pretty fluid motion, due to his long training, so it is not easy to see exactly how he does it. It looked to me at first as if he bend the fork 90 degrees and the bent it sideways for the corkscrew. But that's not how he does it and it does not work like that.
Instead, he bends it further back first, so the fork handle almost points in the same direction as the head, and then does the sideways twist. That works much better, and the twist is a full 180 degrees instead of the 90° you would get otherwise.

And a third advice: To me, it works better if you do the initial 90 degree bend over a wider part of the handle. Meaning you want a long gentle curve, not a sudden 90 degree bent. The gentle curve corkscrews much better.

Hope that helps.

Ruven
www.kristallmagier.com

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:55 am 
Penguin

They don't ship to Denmark :(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next