View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Justin Kredible
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:43 pm 
Penguin

I am very impressed with Justin Willman's magic effects and was wondering if anyone had seen any of his shows. I've only been able to see his Rachael Ray stuff on youtube. He does a variation of Bill to Lemon, Losander's Levitating Table, Bowl-a-rama, and the Vanishing Bandana to name a few. Has anyone seen any other good effects from him or others with a similar style?

Post subject: Re: Justin Kredible
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:37 am 

Justin's a cool guy. I almost got to hang out with him last week when he was in Florida for a show. I met him in Albuquerque a couple of years ago, too. He's the guy that got me interested in the Paintball Bullet Catch that I do.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:51 am 
Penguin

Awesome! I definitely admire his performance style. I've seen him on a few things and a few random youtube clips, but never been able to see a show of his. Ironically I live in a town about 10 minutes from St. Louis. He did a show there not too long ago, but I didn't know about it. I'm not exactly a fan of him personally as I don't know him. He is just one of the people I look up to as far as the magic performance goes. Greg Wilson is another I quite like. I am doing my first kid show for a friend from work on Sunday. I am pretty excited. I don't have many kid specific effects, but I've done close up work for these kids before. They liked my coins and stuff. I figure anything they don't have to keep track of too closely (i.e. most card tricks) will be fine. Vanishing bandana, losander's table, some sponge balls, etc. I'm fairly comfortable with my effects and I think that's half the battle. If not more. Any last minute advice?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:57 am 

There's an entire section of this forum dedicated to that. Advice? Show no fear, ignore the negative people, and focus on making sure they're having fun. Them having fun is more important than the tricks you do.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:47 am 
born to perform.

I am a HUGE Justin Kredible fan! if you read my posts you can tell lol... I actually did my final speech about him and how he has affected me. I have found a bunch of his stuff so if you ever want to talk about him and his stuff let me know! I'm hoping to get him to come to my college for a show next term.

~Zenn

btw nice username... my name is Josh too ahaha

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:48 am 
Penguin

That would be really cool man. Oh since you're a fan of his you might find this interesting: He took magic lessons at a magic shop in St. Louis. He said that in an interview. There are two in St. Louis, but only one that teaches lessons so I'm pretty sure he went to Gibbol's when he was younger. I'm going to ask the owner next time I'm there. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:48 pm 
born to perform.

joshuaweidner wrote:
That would be really cool man. Oh since you're a fan of his you might find this interesting: He took magic lessons at a magic shop in St. Louis. He said that in an interview. There are two in St. Louis, but only one that teaches lessons so I'm pretty sure he went to Gibbol's when he was younger. I'm going to ask the owner next time I'm there. :)

Yup... I think he talked about that on his T11 interview. Have you heard that it was really interesting. He's actually one of the main influences on my magical style. I'm working on constructing a floating table (since I'm to poor for a Losanders), based off of his routine. I already do cards from mouth (everyone loves that one) and I'm working on the Vanishing Bandanna... I just need to find a Devil's Hank... Did you say you have it? How big is it? I found one for like 8 bucks that is 12x12 but I think thats a bit small. If you have a facebook or twitter add him as a friend or follow him. He posts a lot of interesting things!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:59 pm 
Penguin

The devil's hank is very big. Much bigger than a 12 X 12. But I honestly think you could do it with a 12X12. I added him on facebook but he never accepted the request. Oh well. I wouldn't either if I were him. He probably gets hundreds of requests a day. If I had to guess, I'd say the Devil's Hank I use is about 20" square.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:03 pm 
born to perform.

joshuaweidner wrote:
The devil's hank is very big. Much bigger than a 12 X 12. But I honestly think you could do it with a 12X12. I added him on facebook but he never accepted the request. Oh well. I wouldn't either if I were him. He probably gets hundreds of requests a day. If I had to guess, I'd say the Devil's Hank I use is about 20" square.

Thanks... I want to find one on the cheaper side for now just because I'm volunteering at my local library and doing kids magic. I want to try it out on them. Well he added me and its pretty cool... he posts a lot of info about shows he does and stuff. It took him like 2 months before he added me.

I'm glad I found another JK fan! pretty funny that your name is the same as mine lol

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:12 pm 
Penguin

Yea definitely. His vanishing ketchup bottle trick is also my favorite routine that uses that concept. It's such a great sucker trick. I'll add him again because after a week I canceled the request. I'm interested in seeing one of his shows. Maybe next time there is another show near St. Louis I'll go.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:18 pm 
born to perform.

joshuaweidner wrote:
Yea definitely. His vanishing ketchup bottle trick is also my favorite routine that uses that concept. It's such a great sucker trick. I'll add him again because after a week I canceled the request. I'm interested in seeing one of his shows. Maybe next time there is another show near St. Louis I'll go.

That would be insane! Let me know how that goes... I really want to meet him

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:18 pm 
Penguin

Bleh. Facebook says that he already has too many friends. That is disappointing. Oh well I suppose he'll get the request when facebook adds more friend capacity.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:21 pm 
Emperor Penguin

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/searc ... init=quick

Become and fan then....

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:23 pm 
born to perform.

woah theres a friend limit?!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:24 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Zenn_Darkfire wrote:
woah theres a friend limit?!

I dont see a need for that even. I doubt even half those people have actually ever even spoken to him.