View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: born to perform? film yourself. get free magic.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:08 pm 
Penguin

DavidTheCryptic wrote:

You b*tch about things on here too... so you're one to talk. :?

Besides... you've got to admitt its fun & releases stress in a safe way.

Good point :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:11 pm 
born to perform.

DavidTheCryptic wrote:

I've never been on a message forum where b!tching at each other wasn't part of the daily routine. As long as it's just mundane complaining and arguing and doesn't get into threats or violence, it always seems to be a good way to pass the day.

What's also funny to me is how two people can be arguing furiously with each other in one thread, but laughing and agreeing that's is awesome that some guy got hit in the nuts with a hockey puck on a youtube video in the very next thread in the forum.

For instance, you (David) and I got into a pretty heated discussion in a thread about watches of all things...but we kept it to that thread and coexisted just fine on the rest of the message board...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:56 am 
Penguin

Gimpdiggity wrote:
Guys, I just wanted to mention that one of the reasons you aren't seeing any videos for this yet is because in the rules it says:

Acar wrote:

1. You must perform at least 30 days after ordering but less than 60. We want to encourage practicing too! and we don't want to wait 2 years to see your trick

Unless I'm stuck in some kind of time warp, I don't think it's been 30 days since the promotion was announced, meaning that it's impossible for anyone to post a video that they would want looked at for the promotion.

Good point... But couldn't this apply to effects purchased before the promotion started as long as they are less than 60 days old? I'm not terribly sure. I am planning on making a video for something, but honestly I don't care about the free magic. I'm making a video so I can get my stuff out there for people to see. If I happen to get some free stuff from that, so be it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:00 am 
Penguin

Gimpdiggity wrote:
DavidTheCryptic wrote:

I've never been on a message forum where b!tching at each other wasn't part of the daily routine. As long as it's just mundane complaining and arguing and doesn't get into threats or violence, it always seems to be a good way to pass the day.

What's also funny to me is how two people can be arguing furiously with each other in one thread, but laughing and agreeing that's is awesome that some guy got hit in the nuts with a hockey puck on a youtube video in the very next thread in the forum.

For instance, you (David) and I got into a pretty heated discussion in a thread about watches of all things...but we kept it to that thread and coexisted just fine on the rest of the message board...

Yeah, I've had a couple of pretty heated "discussions" with this dude as well, haha. It's all good though. My grudges tend to last no longer than it takes me to leave the thread.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:40 am 
Penguin

darn Penguin. Without a doubt you's do the craziest stuff, free born to perform DVD's...FREE PRODUCTS??!

Love your work

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:48 am 
Emperor Penguin

joshuaweidner wrote:
Gimpdiggity wrote:
Guys, I just wanted to mention that one of the reasons you aren't seeing any videos for this yet is because in the rules it says:

Acar wrote:

1. You must perform at least 30 days after ordering but less than 60. We want to encourage practicing too! and we don't want to wait 2 years to see your trick

Unless I'm stuck in some kind of time warp, I don't think it's been 30 days since the promotion was announced, meaning that it's impossible for anyone to post a video that they would want looked at for the promotion.

Good point... But couldn't this apply to effects purchased before the promotion started as long as they are less than 60 days old? I'm not terribly sure. I am planning on making a video for something, but honestly I don't care about the free magic. I'm making a video so I can get my stuff out there for people to see. If I happen to get some free stuff from that, so be it.

No, he clearly stated it has to be an effect purchased after the announcement.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:01 am 
Penguin

_Jupiter_ wrote:
darn Penguin. Without a doubt you's do the craziest stuff, free born to perform DVD's...FREE PRODUCTS??!

Love your work

I know. It's amazing.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:40 am 
Penguin

DavidTheCryptic wrote:

I am sure you are right, but could you link me to where they said that? The only reason I asked was because I couldn't find something that said that before. I'm still kind of new to the forums and don't know my way around as well quite yet. Thanks David.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:43 am 
born to perform.

joshuaweidner wrote:
DavidTheCryptic wrote:

I am sure you are right, but could you link me to where they said that? The only reason I asked was because I couldn't find something that said that before. I'm still kind of new to the forums and don't know my way around as well quite yet. Thanks David.

Just read through this thread. I'm pretty sure it's on the first or second page. There are less than 100 posts, I think you can find it without someone linking you to it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:47 am 
born to perform.

Because I don't have anything better to do, I went and found it.

It's about half way down the third page of this thread. I asked the question, Acar responded with the answer in the next post. So just go read the third page of the thread.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:12 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Gimpdiggity wrote:
Because I don't have anything better to do, I went and found it.

It's about half way down the third page of this thread. I asked the question, Acar responded with the answer in the next post. So just go read the third page of the thread.

B-I-N-G-O

acar wrote:
Go right ahead, it begins now. It will not end until we say so. Hopefully it won't end :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:17 pm 
Penguin

Awesome. Thanks guys. I just didn't notice anything like that, which is why I asked. That, I suppose is why we have these forums, correct?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:10 pm 
born to perform.

This is such a great deal!

A great and effective way too actually get people to go out and perform :D

I will be taking advantage of this :D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:49 pm 
born to perform.

Okay, I didn't see this question posted yet.

What if I purchased an item that was more than $100. If I submit the video and it follows the guidelines can I get a $100 credit?

Buy an item that's $150.
Perform and submit the video.
It's accepted. I get a $100 credit.
So basically the effect cost me only $50.

Does that make sense?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:08 pm 
Team Penguin

That's a very interesting question, JT. I don't have an answer for you (as is, the answer is no), but I will definitely think about it!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next