View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: born to perform? film yourself. get free magic.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:20 pm 
born to perform.

acar wrote:
Must have slipped through the cracks, Jeff! Just saw it - the URL for the coaching form is: http://bit.ly/bCgEqL

Thanks Acar. :D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:35 pm 
Penguin

Gimpdiggity wrote:
Nightmare91o wrote:
Gimpdiggity wrote:
Acar,

I sent an e-mail with a question to the magician@penguinmagic.com address a good while ago and haven't heard anything back.

I was wondering if you could let me know what the response time for that address is. If not, no big deal, it's not urgent.

Thanks.

Dear god... not this again. :roll:

Not what again, exactly??

I sent a question regarding something completely different than this promotion to the e-mail address provided because that e-mail address is ALSO provided for a DIFFERENT promotion. Acar is regularly checking this thread, so I figured I might as well post a message in here to ask something about how often that e-mail gets checked...and obviously it worked, as I got a response in my e-mail and in this thread within a few hours...as opposed to the several days I had already waited.

So, what am I doing "again???" Oh, right...I'm not doing anything again. :roll:

I didn't say you were. That was a conclusion you did not have to, but chose to jump to. I was referring to past instances of some of the penguin staff being a LITTLE slow to respond and/or act on questions and/or problems.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:58 pm 
born to perform.

Nightmare91o wrote:
I didn't say you were. That was a conclusion you did not have to, but chose to jump to. I was referring to past instances of some of the penguin staff being a LITTLE slow to respond and/or act on questions and/or problems.

My bad. I understand.

I haven't had that problem with Penguin in the past.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:02 am 
born to perform.

I'm pretty sure this has already been posted and not answered but if I buy something, film it, get the store credit and use that for something else...can I use that product, film it and then get store credit? Or does the store credit not allow you to participate in the get free magic promotion and that all has to be actual money?

For example:

I buy Blindsided, film it, get $10 store credit.

I use that credit to buy Strip Out Triple Cut.

I then want to film me performing Strip Out Triple Cut and get store credit for that. Is that possible or do I have to make a new cash order for that to work?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:51 am 
Penguin

KrisDeagle wrote:
I'm pretty sure this has already been posted and not answered but if I buy something, film it, get the store credit and use that for something else...can I use that product, film it and then get store credit? Or does the store credit not allow you to participate in the get free magic promotion and that all has to be actual money?

For example:

I buy Blindsided, film it, get $10 store credit.

I use that credit to buy Strip Out Triple Cut.

I then want to film me performing Strip Out Triple Cut and get store credit for that. Is that possible or do I have to make a new cash order for that to work?

It doesn't make sense to me that you'd have to use cash every time. I would think you can get store credit even on something you bought with store credit.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:13 pm 
born to perform.

I'm not sure but didn't I see something like you can only do one a month somewhere?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:16 pm 
born to perform.

Well I found the answer to the question and here it is!
acar wrote:
Zenn_Darkfire wrote:
Can you only do this once or is there a limit to how many times you can take advantage of this great offer?

As many times as you like :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:35 am 
Penguin

acar wrote:
Must have slipped through the cracks, Jeff! Just saw it - the URL for the coaching form is: http://bit.ly/bCgEqL

oops. just realized that that was a give-away. and i shouldnt have filled one out. sorry team.

Last edited by worldwideme on Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:51 am 
born to perform.

I perform for people at my college all the time. This is an excellent opportunity. I'm gonna look around penguin to see if there's anything I'd be interested in. How should we submit the video?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:06 am 
Penguin

My big question to all of this is:

"Do I have to speak english in the performance"?

I live in Denmark and Norway, and don't usually speek english on the streets or in my shows.

If I can speak my language I will try to make some videos :)

-sennaho

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:39 am 
born to perform.

I just bought In The Beginning There Were Coins DVD and got the Download when my order shipped. I have an idea for a routine that uses 1 coin then 2 and then finally 3 so everything would equal 3 effects these are the one's I'm planning on doing:
Coin Thru Hand
Tenkai Pennies
and then Coins Thru Table.

Now should I just do the Coins Thru Table or Tenkai Pennies or would I be able to do my full routine and use all 3 of them in 1 big routine and still get the promo? Hope to hear from somebody soon.

Sincerely,

KingOfNynex2003

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:16 pm 
Penguin

Hey everyone I just submitted my video for a card to wallet and 99. So if you see if just let me know what you think. This is such an awesome promo!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:40 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I don't have time to read through all the pages, but can we perform a trick that we bought here years ago, and does it have to be by Penguin? Can I perform a trick from say Vernon's Revelations? If chosen would I receive the amount as a gift as opposed to another duplicate volume?

Would be a lot cooler if that is the case, and you would have lots of demo videos for SOC products too. I need a camera with sound. Mine takes decent video and great pics but no sound as the video is just a "bonus." Being that I do magic professionally and have been the in the art for 30 years, I hardly need a month to do one effect proficiently, even the more tougher ones only take a week max. But I guess that is not a bad time frame for most. Scripted routines and full shows may take longer though to get down.

But I could send in a lot of videos from past purchases if I had time. Sounds like a fun idea though, especially if it applies to SOC items which need demos badly.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:05 am 
born to perform.

sirbrad wrote:
I don't have time to read through all the pages, but can we perform a trick that we bought here years ago, and does it have to be by Penguin? Can I perform a trick from say Vernon's Revelations? If chosen would I receive the amount as a gift as opposed to another duplicate volume?

No and no. Must be posted between 30 and 60 days of the purchase. Can be anything under $100 that is sold on Penguin...obviously since all you get is store credit it must be purchased on Penguin as well, but doesn't have to be a Penguin production.

Here is the rules page,
http://www.penguinmagic.com/borntoperformbonus.php

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:10 am 
Penguin

I don't believe I've seen this type of question answered so far...

I recently bought Camirand Elite Stage Rope to perform Fiber Optics, which had been sitting on my shelves for a while now. Any idea if I can submit a perf of Fiber Optics (using the Camirand rope) and get credit for the rope purchase?

Thanks.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next