View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Clutch by Oz Pearlman
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:06 am 
born to perform.

TITLE and Creator: Clutch by Oz Pearlman

Effect: Using a borrowed deck a spectator shuffles up the deck and selects a card. After having the spec replace the card into the spread the magician has the spectator shuffle the cards again. The cards are then placed inside the card box and the spectator places it in his shirt pocket. At this point the magician has barely touched the cards and that he will go into the specs pocket and take out the selected card from the sealed case in less than a second. The magician grabs a card, reveals that it was the selected card, and then has the spectator show that the box is still closed shut.

Price: I got mine as a gift from some other store but it is $19.95 on penguin

Teaching: Standard Oz Pearlman teaching, Oz goes over the entire routine and explains the TWO moves you will use for this trick. 10/10

Quality of materials(if it is a gimmik etc): No gimmicks needed this can be used with your deck or even a borrowed deck.

Difficulty: Requiring no sleights (with the exception of two moves that barely qualify) Clutch is simplicity at its best. 8/10

Applications: Perfect for restaurant magic and strolling/walkaround magic. This could also be used for a stand-up or even a stage show. As Oz says in the DVD rarely do you get a card trick that you can do for Hundreds of people.

Additional Thoughts: Oz explains that you should do this to a man (because the deck is placed in a shirt pocket) but there are many other applications to this. I have performed it for some friends using a backpack, a hoodie, and a jean jacket. Of course I would not recommend going up to a random spectator and ask to shove you hand into her hoodie pocket (I only did this because I was requested to). One slight issue with this 9though odds are it won't be a problem) is that Oz uses a deck of cards that doesn't have the sticker on it anymore (The USPCC Seal), this is part of the trick that makes it so devious. I have yet to try it with a deck that still has the seal on but I doubt it shouldn't be too much of a problem. Clutch is amazing and a real worker, you don't need any gimmicks, sleeves, palmed cards, duplicates, or anything else you can think of... all you need is a deck of cards. Also for those of you who like having cards signed you can easily do this in Clutch.

Overall Rating: Clutch is by far one of the cleverest tricks I have seen Oz do and I would easily recommend it. 9/10

~Zenn

Post subject: Re: Clutch by Oz Pearlman
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:44 pm 
born to perform.

I'm sold.

Thanks Zenn.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:52 pm 
born to perform.

Gimpdiggity wrote:
I'm sold.

Thanks Zenn.

No problem... I love this trick, it made me feel like a pro when I was first starting out

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:53 pm 
born to perform.

Bought it tonight.

Used it on my wife after practicing the "moves" for about an hour. She's seen all of my tricks so rarely is she actually confused as to how something happened, but with this she was.

She really liked it. I also like it.

It's deceptively easy. I'm glad I picked it up.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:09 am 
born to perform.

Gimpdiggity wrote:
Bought it tonight.

Used it on my wife after practicing the "moves" for about an hour. She's seen all of my tricks so rarely is she actually confused as to how something happened, but with this she was.

Very cool... did she have a shirt pocket or did you take it from her some other way? PM me with any questions you have btw!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:11 am 
born to perform.

Zenn_Darkfire wrote:
Gimpdiggity wrote:
Bought it tonight.

Very cool... did she have a shirt pocket or did you take it from her some other way? PM me with any questions you have btw!

She had a pocket on her robe that has a flap covering it. So the box was in the pocket with the flap closed.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:15 am 
born to perform.

Gimpdiggity wrote:
Zenn_Darkfire wrote:
Gimpdiggity wrote:
Bought it tonight.

She had a pocket on her robe that has a flap covering it. So the box was in the pocket with the flap closed.

Nice! I actually performed it tonight with one of my really close friends (known her for years) and did it in her front pants pocket... GREAT response

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:16 am 
born to perform.

Zenn_Darkfire wrote:
Nice! I actually performed it tonight with one of my really close friends (known her for years) and did it in her front pants pocket... GREAT response

The best part about the shirt pocket thing is that the uniforms that we wear at work have two front pockets. I mostly perform for coworkers.

Works out PERFECTLY!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:20 am 
born to perform.

Gimpdiggity wrote:
Zenn_Darkfire wrote:

The best part about the shirt pocket thing is that the uniforms that we wear at work have two front pockets. I mostly perform for coworkers.

Works out PERFECTLY!!

Haha lucky you!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:59 am 
born to perform.

agreed. this is one of the best tricks out there. plays big. Love it. went straight into my act. but perfect for walkaround also!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:29 pm 
born to perform.

It's definitely one of those tricks that after you learn it you're like "Why couldn't I have come up with that??"

I enjoy it a lot. I haven't been back to work to try it on any coworkers yet because I'm sick, but definitely will give it a shot on my friend at work when I get a chance.