View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Looking for these coins and at least 1 of them near mint
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:13 am 
born to perform.

I posted this on the Muscle Pass forums but I also wanted to post it on here just in case some of the coin workers on here haven't bought that DVD/Download of it yet.

I'm trying to find those Morgan Silver Dollars in near mint condition that's cheap and not on eBay or Craigslist and I need 5 of them and at least 1 of them needs to be in near mint condition so I'll be able to practice the sleight with a real coin these are the other coins I'm looking for and I don't care if these one's are old or new:

Kennedy Half Dollars
and Chinese coins that are about as big as the Kennedy Half Dollars.

If anyone know where I can find them I'd be eternally grateful. Also I only need 5 of them I don't want to spend $20 on those rolls of Kennedy Half Dollars on here because I would never use 15 of them.

Post subject: Re: Looking for these coins and at least 1 of them near mint
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:38 am 
Penguin

The Morgan Dollar was minted from 1878-1904 and then in 1921. If you do a search you will find plenty of reputable dealers on-line. Even after a quick search I found them ranging in price from $15.00 each, $35 for Brilliant Uncirculated and hundreds of dollars for rare specimens.

I use the Peace Dollars myself and found that the coins that are worn don't “Talk” as much as the ones in better condition.

Good Luck

Twist

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:09 am 
born to perform.

twist592 wrote:
The Morgan Dollar was minted from 1878-1904 and then in 1921. If you do a search you will find plenty of reputable dealers on-line. Even after a quick search I found them ranging in price from $15.00 each, $35 for Brilliant Uncirculated and hundreds of dollars for rare specimens.

I use the Peace Dollars myself and found that the coins that are worn don't “Talk” as much as the ones in better condition.

Good Luck

Twist

I use Eisenhower Dollars and Kennedy Half Dollars

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:09 pm 
born to perform.

twist592 wrote:

Good Luck

Twist

Yeah I'm just wanting 1 new Morgan because of the fact that I want to practice that Muscle Pass and Jay said that the best way to learn it is to use new Morgan Silver Dollars and that way when you switch to poker chips they'll be a lot lighter and therefore will go higher than when you were practicing with the Morgan.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:35 pm 
born to perform.

The best way to practice the muscle pass is with a stack of small coins that are glued together.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:10 pm 
born to perform.

daniel116 wrote:
The best way to practice the muscle pass is with a stack of small coins that are glued together.

Yeah but my hands are pretty big and I can barely even have a toonie which is the biggest coin we have in Canada fit in the palm of my hand that's why I've been practicing the Muscle Pass with a poker chip it's the easiest way for me to practice right now.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:52 pm 
born to perform.

I'm so happy. I just found Morgans, Peace, Walking liberties. I predict that you will thank me (I'm already thanking myself):
http://themagicwarehouse.com/tsilver1.html

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:04 pm 
born to perform.

duds wrote:
I'm so happy. I just found Morgans, Peace, Walking liberties. I predict that you will thank me (I'm already thanking myself):
http://themagicwarehouse.com/tsilver1.html

I do thank you for finding this website but the only problem is that I literally just found a place that sells Morgan's (albeit I don't know if they have any near mint one's) for about $20 each or I think it was $18 I don't think they're near mint but you never know they might have some.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:08 pm 
born to perform.

Oh I knew about this website for a few months. I just never clicked the link on the side that said "Real Silver". I'm going to buy some Walking Liberties. Sadly, the shells for it are out of stock...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:01 am 
born to perform.

My palms are pretty big too and my country also doesn't have big coins (the biggest coin is only a little bigger than a quarter).
I glued 4 coins together and started practicing with them so I'll be able to do a good muscle pass with my country's coins because I think foreign coins might look suspicious to laymen.
Plus, if you practice with small coins then when you move to a half dollar it will jump so high that you will feel weird, lol.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:06 pm 
Team Penguin

For the halves....go to the bank... 50 cents a piece...der...

Most people don't realize the bank carries those things...they aslo still carry $2 bills...they just aren't in demand and nobody uses them much, but they're STLL $2...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:07 am 
born to perform.

KyletheGreat wrote:

Most people don't realize the bank carries those things...they aslo still carry $2 bills...they just aren't in demand and nobody uses them much, but they're STLL $2...

I've been to 4 different bank branches and none of them are willing to get US coins or any coins that were not made in Canada because I live in Canada and they'd rather get only Canadian coins and nothing else.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:48 am 
Team Penguin

KingOfNynex2003 wrote:
KyletheGreat wrote:

I've been to 4 different bank branches and none of them are willing to get US coins or any coins that were not made in Canada because I live in Canada and they'd rather get only Canadian coins and nothing else.

AH! Didn't realize you were in Canada!...time for you to take a trip across the border ;)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:24 pm 
born to perform.

KyletheGreat wrote:
KingOfNynex2003 wrote:
KyletheGreat wrote:

AH! Didn't realize you were in Canada!...time for you to take a trip across the border ;)

No problem. I think I might've found somebody who sell the Morgans and the Kennedy's but not the Chinese coins.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:38 am 
born to perform.

Just to let everyone know I found a shop in Vancouver that sells many different coins and I got some 1964 Kennedy Half Dollars for $6 each and I wanted to get the Morgan Silver Dollars but instead I got the Peace Dollars which are pretty much the same as the Morgan's only difference is the design of them is different but they're the same weight as a Morgan so I'm not that worried about it.

So yeah if anybody could help me with finding those Chinese coins for the Charming Chinese Challenge routine that would be great.

Also I made a mistake on prices for the Men's Hockey Finals tickets on the 28th of Feburary 2010 for the worst seats in the venue they're $3,500 USD for 1 ticket so for a family of 4 to see almost nothing would cost them $14,000 USD and for the best seats in the finals would be $9,900 USD for 1 ticket so for a family of 4 to get the best seats ever would cost them $39,600 USD just for 1 single event and most people would want to see more than 1 event and to get good tickets it would easily cost a family of 4 at least $250,000 for just 6 or 7 events.