View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Alice in Wonderland
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:58 pm 
Team Penguin

I used to do that Reagal routine, cept I ended with a REAL white mouse as my final load...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:29 pm 
Penguin

one question I have about your idea is about the legality of using the name and the images. Disney is very protective about how people use their property and you and your family could be opening yourself to a really bad legal battle that you wont win.
I love the theme and the idea I just want to make sure you have covered your bases as the last thing I'm sure you want is to have to go up against one of the biggest companies in the world.
Many female performers make a great living by performing as princess' based on disney films but there is that line.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:42 pm 
born to perform.

Thanks for your post Glamour. Actually, the premise is based on Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland a literary work and not on Disney so that shouldn't be a problem. We aren't using anything Disney-related except for a few images that Disney actually distributed as free coloring pages to the public. If there was ever an issue we could easily eliminate those free images and go with the traditional images from the Lewis Carroll book which I can purchase a royalty-free license for. I just used the free coloring pages because they are more well-known to young children. For that matter, I can also always have Danielle draw them herself as she is quite good when it comes to artwork.

Again, thanks for your concern and pointing out a possible issue. I really do think we will be okay considering the photos are free giveaways. If it ever becomes an issue it will be easy to change.

~ Kristen :D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:01 am 
born to perform.

I finished two of the three silks I needed to do today. I got a bit side-tracked so I didn't get the last one done.

Here are the pics of them:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:52 am 
Team Penguin

Somebody's been paying close attention to Bob Sander's, helpful silk tips ;)

LOL

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:25 pm 
born to perform.

LOL!

You know it! I've made several silks using tips I learned from Bob and the internet. I left these just black & white, but you can color then if you like.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:25 pm 
Penguin

Those silks are simply stunning! If anything I would surely want to take my nieces to see such a show. Not even my imagination could possibly contain the slightest essence of what you are creating. I certainly see someone has been busy hitting the magical world of wonders, and slowly bringing it to reality piece by piece.

How have you been Kristen? I can see that you've been preoccupied with a marvelous project, and I wish you the best of everything that will unfold. I have recently been unable to perform due to a car accident that has left me without a car, and the necessity to use a crutch. It has been a painful week without performing, or even practicing. I am simply at loss of what to do at the time.

On the other hand, I have been proud of my latest accomplishment, which was hosting a charity show to raise money to donate to Haiti. The show was an amazing hit as my audience was at a (record for me) stunning 153 attendees, consisting of adults and children. I simply sent them head over heels as I performed my "Three Little Pig" Rendition of the Cups and Balls. What stunned me the most was that I actually received a letter from a family suffering from the catastrophic event in Haiti, sending me their thanks and blessings. It was a heartfelt moment as I read the letter over and over, which I now display it in a frame in my room. It is a consistent "pick-me-up" when I start to feel down about my recent lethargic activity.

Well this was an update on my behalf as I keep in touch with you. Again, I wish you the best of everything, and I hope that I am graced with the chance to witness, of what I can tell, a wonderful and magical show.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:05 pm 
born to perform.

Luc,

I am so sorry to hear about your accident! I will say a prayer for a speedy recovey. I wish you the very best.

I am incredibly proud of you! What a tremendous task you undertook on behalf of the Haiti relief and those struggling. I am glad you have framed the letter and I hope you hold on to it. It will always be a reminder of the goodness in your heart and how you used your talents to the benefit of others. I have no doubt that your show was a success. I imagine great things ahead for you in your future.

I know it must be difficult for you to be unable to perform at the moment, but how about using this time to start a marketing plan? Last time we talked you hadn't yet started your website. Now would be a good time! I can recommend a great program that is easy to use and you can build your own custom site. As you know I don't often share our web address with those here on the board except with some of the older professional magicians, but you have it. I just recently updated it so you can see the format I designed. There are plenty of hosting sites out there. I use Yahoo. It is a decent rate and provides stable service. You can also design your business cards, postcards, show posters, etc. If you are bored--- use this time to promote something important--- YOU!

I wish you the very, very best! Take good care of yourself and I am always here if you need someone to talk magic to or help!

~ Kristen :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:12 am 
born to perform.

A member PMed me and asked how I did the silks, which I explained. Afterwards I thought you might like to see them colored in. I was planning on leaving them black & white, but decided to color them in.

Zambini, after second thought (It's been awhile since I've color filled) I would definitely recommend using the loop for that process to prevent bleeding. I used a 7" plastic loop. However, follow the procedures up to that optional note I gave you. Remember to leave plenty of drying time before colors to prevent excess bleeding and running between colors.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:08 pm 
born to perform.

how ironic! i ise part of alice in wonderland as patter for one of my tricks!:)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:01 pm 
born to perform.

Kyle,

I got the "teapot". Actually it is just a teapot. I am going to have a custom gimmick made for it-- something I have in mind. That is if TAP plastics doesn't want too much money for what I want, we'll see.

Thanks again for the idea!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:04 pm 
Team Penguin

no problem Kristen! I hope it works in the act!

I'm keeping my eye out for the linking ring...our pony express isn't quite as fast as your mail trucks out there in the west ;)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:33 pm 
born to perform.

Kyle,

You can just go to her website to read it if you would like. The editor of the Linking Ring (c/o Cliff) was kind enough to send us a .pdf version to post to her website. Just go to the "About Me" section and instead of hitting that, use the drop down menu to get to the Linking Ring page.

I hope you enjoy the article!

~ Kristen :D

P.S. We are on the Pony Express route too. We haven't gotten the magazine yet either.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:23 am 
Penguin

I really liked this idea..I would like to hear some more ideas..