View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: False shuffles and cuts
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:58 am 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 29 Jun 2006
Posts: 1305
I have several volumes of Allan Ackerman's Advanced Card Control series. I found them extremely helpful:

Image

Here's the contents for Volume Five: Shuffle Work.

Sleights and Moves:
G.W. Hunter False Shuffle
Erdnase False Shuffle
Strip-Out False Shuffle
Up the Ladder
Pull-Through False Shuffle
Pull-Through With a Cut
The Zarrow Shuffle
The Shank Shuffle
Slip Shod
Vernon's Two Shuffle Concept
The Sideways Shank Shuffle
Controlling The Top Stock
Controlling the Bottom Stock
Ireland's Red/Black Shuffle
Down's Red/Black Shuffle
Double Undercut to Top
Double Undercut to Bottom
Top Block Transfer
Bottom Block Transfer
Tabled Fake Cut
Stover Fake Cut
Ose Fake Cut
Triple Fake Cut
Fake Double Swing cut
Fake Triple Swing Cut
Tabled Slip Cut
Off-The-Bottom Strip Fake Cut
Klause Overhand False Shuffle

Effects:
D'Amico Revelation
Freeman/Kosy Ace Production
Double Ace Production
MGM Revelation
Riffle Shuffle Stack
Color-Changing Poker Deal
Cutting to Aces and Kings
Vernon's Triumph

Surely everything you need, and more!

Sean


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: False shuffles and cuts
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:22 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Moderator

Joined: 21 Feb 2003
Posts: 14016
Location: Las Vegas, NV/Albuquerque, NM/Pensacola, FL
I've got that full set. It's great for those of us that collect new moves to work on. It's similar to Daryl's set on card sleights, only harder.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: False shuffles and cuts
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:11 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 22 Jun 2009
Posts: 908
sean_mh wrote:
I have several volumes of Allan Ackerman's Advanced Card Control series. I found them extremely helpful:

Image

Here's the contents for Volume Five: Shuffle Work.

Sleights and Moves:
G.W. Hunter False Shuffle
Erdnase False Shuffle
Strip-Out False Shuffle
Up the Ladder
Pull-Through False Shuffle
Pull-Through With a Cut
The Zarrow Shuffle
The Shank Shuffle
Slip Shod
Vernon's Two Shuffle Concept
The Sideways Shank Shuffle
Controlling The Top Stock
Controlling the Bottom Stock
Ireland's Red/Black Shuffle
Down's Red/Black Shuffle
Double Undercut to Top
Double Undercut to Bottom
Top Block Transfer
Bottom Block Transfer
Tabled Fake Cut
Stover Fake Cut
Ose Fake Cut
Triple Fake Cut
Fake Double Swing cut
Fake Triple Swing Cut
Tabled Slip Cut
Off-The-Bottom Strip Fake Cut
Klause Overhand False Shuffle

Effects:
D'Amico Revelation
Freeman/Kosy Ace Production
Double Ace Production
MGM Revelation
Riffle Shuffle Stack
Color-Changing Poker Deal
Cutting to Aces and Kings
Vernon's Triumph

Surely everything you need, and more!

Sean


Thanks, I'll look into it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: False shuffles and cuts
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:35 am 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 18 May 2003
Posts: 657
Location: Washington Dc
stop buying cuts and shuffles...

just find a local group that meets in your area

there all over the place there are a few in colorado that meet every tuesday night and another that meats every sunday at Perkins

talk to the older card guys and share you desire to learn something that would fit your style and skill level.

im sure in no time you would have somthing way better then what you could buy online and something that is truly good and tested..

just my thoughts

-kk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: False shuffles and cuts
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:43 am 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 07 Aug 2009
Posts: 2948
Location: Sunny Orlando
I know this is an older thread but James England has some good gambling videos on T11 (MacMillian Switch, Strike Second Deal, Center Deal, Bottom Deal, and Push Through Shuffle) that might be what you are looking for


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: False shuffles and cuts
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:34 am 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 22 Jun 2009
Posts: 908
Zenn_Darkfire wrote:
I know this is an older thread but James England has some good gambling videos on T11 (MacMillian Switch, Strike Second Deal, Center Deal, Bottom Deal, and Push Through Shuffle) that might be what you are looking for


Can I trust stuff from Theory?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: False shuffles and cuts
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:21 am 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 07 Aug 2009
Posts: 2948
Location: Sunny Orlando
KrisDeagle wrote:
Zenn_Darkfire wrote:
I know this is an older thread but James England has some good gambling videos on T11 (MacMillian Switch, Strike Second Deal, Center Deal, Bottom Deal, and Push Through Shuffle) that might be what you are looking for


Can I trust stuff from Theory?


I personally didn't buy them... my friend got them for me. But they seem pretty good... Jason England was one of the guys in the opening credits of Shade (with R. Paul Wilson) and he seems to really know his stuff... He goes step by step what you're supposed to do and he also goes through the history of each sleight... I've enjoyed them so far

~Zenn


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: False shuffles and cuts
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:11 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 17 Jul 2003
Posts: 2941
Location: Greensburg PA Ring 158
Bill Malone On The Loose Sam the Bellhop...he uses like 6 different fakes in the performance then gives you several more on the DVD...It changed my world.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: False shuffles and cuts
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:37 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 22 Jun 2009
Posts: 908
Adammcd wrote:
Bill Malone On The Loose Sam the Bellhop...he uses like 6 different fakes in the performance then gives you several more on the DVD...It changed my world.


Splendid.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2009 Penguin Magic, Inc.