View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Three Fly discussion
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:31 pm 
born to perform.

daniel116 wrote:
What is CFWM?
Anyway, I use the 3fly from Kenner's book and it's not hard at all, it uses sleights that you wouldn't normally use so it feels different from most coin routines but eventually you get used to those sleights and the routine becomes very easy.

CFWM= Come Fly With Me by Mark Mason and JB Magic. I would love to learn magic from books but it's nearly impossible for me to learn magic from books because I'm Autistic so learning from books has always been hard for me (except Math and Science books which came really easy for me) so if you have 3 Fly III let me know because I will need to learn from a DVD and I don't want to get something that's got sleeving involved in it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:33 pm 
born to perform.

You're autistic? not dyslexic?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:12 pm 
born to perform.

KingOfNynex2003 wrote:
so if you have 3 Fly III let me know because I will need to learn from a DVD and I don't want to get something that's got sleeving involved in it.

Can't help you with your book problem but don't get hung up with sleeving. If you are doing a no-gimmick 3 Fly just use your favorite method to ditch. Shimed coin to hold out, pitch and ditch, whatever. Heck if you wanted to you could just say, "Watch I'll put the last one in my pocket and it still jumps!" That wouldn't work on a magician but probably would on most lay audiences.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:08 pm 
born to perform.

Lots of autistic people can read.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:43 pm 
born to perform.

You seem to write okay....You sure it is the autism or just a short attention span. I get like that. I start to read and fall right to sleep. Takes me forever reading a novel! Never get past 5 pages before nodding off.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:46 pm 
born to perform.

eostresh wrote:
KingOfNynex2003 wrote:
so if you have 3 Fly III let me know because I will need to learn from a DVD and I don't want to get something that's got sleeving involved in it.

Can't help you with your book problem but don't get hung up with sleeving. If you are doing a no-gimmick 3 Fly just use your favorite method to ditch. Shimed coin to hold out, pitch and ditch, whatever. Heck if you wanted to you could just say, "Watch I'll put the last one in my pocket and it still jumps!" That wouldn't work on a magician but probably would on most lay audiences.

Daryl actually does this in his routine

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:02 pm 
born to perform.

Adammcd wrote:
Lots of autistic people can read.

Yeah but for some reason I can't learn from books it's not that I have a short attention span it's just a lot of stuff is too complicated and confusing for me I can read novels fairly easily I made it through that Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows book in 3 days (I read it 18 hours a day for 3 days) and it was no problem for me to get through it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:03 pm 
born to perform.

daniel116 wrote:
You're autistic? not dyslexic?

Not that I know of. I can understand the words no problem but it's learning stuff that I can't understand.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:06 pm 
born to perform.

eostresh wrote:
You seem to write okay....You sure it is the autism or just a short attention span. I get like that. I start to read and fall right to sleep. Takes me forever reading a novel! Never get past 5 pages before nodding off.

I'm the type of person who hates bad spelling and I try and correct things as much as I can and I hate it when people mispell words it's one of my pet peeves. The most common that I see on here and on Youtube like crazy is when people spell Perform like this (preform) I see it a lot on Youtube and especially on here but not much anymore.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:17 pm 
born to perform.

I’m not autistic but I understand the preference for a DVD. It is always nice to watch it…if nothing else than to study pacing and timing. The stuff that is hard to convey in a booklet. Here are a few DVDs. I left out Come Fly With Me. 3 Fly is a cool routine but there is absolutely no reason to spend $250 on it….IMO
http://www.penguinmagic.com/specialorde ... hp?ID=6251
http://www.penguinmagic.com/specialorde ... p?ID=10935
http://www.penguinmagic.com/specialorde ... p?ID=10624

Last edited by eostresh on Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:40 pm 
born to perform.

Erik,
I just watched your video. And It made me realize I wear a freakin Toppit what a great idea! Thanks for posting!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:53 pm 
born to perform.

Adammcd wrote:
Erik,
I just watched your video. And It made me realize I wear a freakin Toppit what a great idea! Thanks for posting!

:wink: I have been scratching my head for a long time wondering why so many people do the old "my hand suddenly got arthritis!" vanish. 3flys are one of the best uses for a toppit. Now that the "move" is out...have fun with it!
Cheers!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:48 am 
born to perform.

eostresh wrote:
3 Fly is a cool routine but there is absolutely no reason to spend $250 on it….IMO

Yeah I don't see the point because I could just get the gimmicks from another website for a lot less than that and just use some old Copper English Pennies instead of the Half Dollars and watch the video that Magic Geek posted and be able to do it at a far less price.

But I'd rather just learn the sleight version of it and maybe after getting good at doing coin magic I'll possibly think about getting Come Fly With Me but that'll be a very long time. Also it retails for $325 on other websites like Magic Geek.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:13 am 
born to perform.

KingOfNynex2003 wrote:
eostresh wrote:
3 Fly is a cool routine but there is absolutely no reason to spend $250 on it….IMO

Yeah I don't see the point because I could just get the gimmicks from another website for a lot less than that and just use some old Copper English Pennies instead of the Half Dollars and watch the video that Magic Geek posted and be able to do it at a far less price.

:lol: So true. It is really sad that the Magic Geek (supposedly a professional) is responsible for more youtube exposier than any one else. I wish he'd take some of those demos down...Oh well :(

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:22 am 
born to perform.

eostresh wrote:
KingOfNynex2003 wrote:
eostresh wrote:

:lol: So true. It is really sad that the Magic Geek (supposedly a professional) is responsible for more youtube exposier than any one else. I wish he'd take some of those demos down...Oh well :(

Yeah but it's not his fault that they only give him 1 hour to practice each effect before they film him and I've talked to them on several occasions to just film that one then remove it and replace it with one after he's got some more practice with each of the items.

If you take into account that they have more than 650 videos on there and they're all of him performing it must be a terrible strain on him to practice those effects as well as he can in 1 hour.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next