View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: help!!!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:54 pm 
Penguin

This isn't about the d'lite. I need someones advice on what tricks to do at a kids party because I am trying to get a job as a magician for little kids parties. Please Reply!!! :?: :?: :?: :( :?: :?: :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:58 am 
Emperor Penguin

Well, what tricks do you have? LOL...

-Vinnie

Post subject: Re: help!!!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:22 pm 
Penguin

I do kids shows and i have around 25-30 tricks plus another 7-10 tricks i do with cards... make sure u have around an hour worth of tricks and make them flow together

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:06 pm 
Penguin

this same question has been asked numerous times.

What research have you done?

Also I think an hour is way to long of a show. In my area most parties are 2-3hrs long. Assuming the show starts 15 minutes after the official start of the party and is around 40-45 minutes long. Which is what I suggest. Your portion will be done at the first hour mark. Following this the parents still (usually) serve lunch, open presents, and have cake (in that order).
If you are also offering balloon twisting, this should be done while another activity is taking place unless you include it as part of your show and it is as entertaining as the show is. Many magicians claim to be able to do a show and balloons and get out of the house around the hour mark. The only way to accomplish this is to have the balloons pre-made or to do simple one balloon animals.

I myself allow for the full party to take me up to 2 hrs. I of course charge an appropriate amount for this. In this time I do the 40-45 minute show. After the show the children go to the next activity. I clean up then make the birthday child's big balloon sculpture. After I present this all the other children get balloons.

P.S. I think palexb17 is pulling your leg with the amount of tricks he does. I do around 7 routines in my show and sometimes I think thats too many.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:09 pm 
Emperor Penguin

The OP is from 2006, palex brought back a dead topic.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:13 pm 
Penguin

oops my bad

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:30 pm 
Team Penguin

palexb17 wrote:
I do kids shows and i have around 25-30 tricks plus another 7-10 tricks i do with cards... make sure u have around an hour worth of tricks and make them flow together

[edited]?!? LOL!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:55 pm 
Penguin

I have 25 tricks in my show, in which i do around 20 including the card tricks. I was just mentioning the material i have available for the show. But my 45 min to an hour show includes around 20 tricks overall and its not too heavy when you know how to manage the time.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]