View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Morgan or Peace Dollar?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:11 am 
born to perform.

Well since nobodies posted on here for a while I decided to open it back up. Now when I first started learning coin magic almost 2 months ago I went to my local coin and stamp shop and they said they were selling me Morgan Dollars but instead they sold me Peace Dollars and I've learned to live with them for these past 2 months now and I bought that CoinOne effect by Homer Liwag and practiced with those coins but I was wondering, are those Morgan's easier to practice with than the Peace Dollars? Also would it be somewhat dificult to learn Daryl's 3 Fly routine with the Peace Dollars?

Let me know if that's the case or not and I hope to hear from somebody soon.

Sincerely,

KingOfNynex2003

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:10 am 
born to perform.

KingOfNynex2003 wrote:
Well since nobodies posted on here for a while I decided to open it back up. Now when I first started learning coin magic almost 2 months ago I went to my local coin and stamp shop and they said they were selling me Morgan Dollars but instead they sold me Peace Dollars and I've learned to live with them for these past 2 months now and I bought that CoinOne effect by Homer Liwag and practiced with those coins but I was wondering, are those Morgan's easier to practice with than the Peace Dollars? Also would it be somewhat dificult to learn Daryl's 3 Fly routine with the Peace Dollars?

Sincerely,

KingOfNynex2003

I could be wrong but what coin you use is just a personal preference... the coin you use shouldn't make a difference. I myself use poker chips and Eisenhower dollars only because that was what was available to me at the time. I actually had a nice discussion with Randy Shine (an AMAZING magician and coin worker) about this very topic. As long as you have a coin it shouldn't matter if its a Morgan, Peace, Eisenhower or a Poker Chip

~Zenn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:11 pm 
born to perform.

Zenn_Darkfire wrote:
KingOfNynex2003 wrote:

Sincerely,

KingOfNynex2003

I could be wrong but what coin you use is just a personal preference... the coin you use shouldn't make a difference. I myself use poker chips and Eisenhower dollars only because that was what was available to me at the time. I actually had a nice discussion with Randy Shine (an AMAZING magician and coin worker) about this very topic. As long as you have a coin it shouldn't matter if its a Morgan, Peace, Eisenhower or a Poker Chip

~Zenn

Ok cool now all I have to do is wait until I get my new stuff on here at the end of May now and practice it like crazy.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:48 pm 
born to perform.

I use quarters. But I like Morgans better than peace just coming from a coin appreciator's perspective.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:37 pm 
Penguin

I like my Morgans but a bit ago I went to a coin convention and picked up a couple of French 5 Franc coins from 1852......just a bit smaller than Morgans but look NICE.... I think I'm going to try picking some more of these up and playing with them awhile.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:12 pm 
born to perform.

I use Peace dollars and I keep them polished. When I decided to invest in a really nice set of coins, I went with the Peace dollars because most of my magician friends used the Morgan dollars. I wanted to stand apart from the 'norm.' Plus, maybe it's my OCD; but I can't stand having tarnished coins and I think the Peace dollars look better polished. They are not as soft as the Morgans; but I handle them just fine, especially since most of the places I perform with them have ambient noise. No real need for the few benefits of the softer coins. It's just personal preference, but I love my Peace dollars!