View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:58 pm 

Honestly, the card touching the wallet doesn't hurt the effect. Especially if it's in a wallet within a wallet. The Mullica feature on the JOL wallet is pretty open and no one's ever complained that the wallet came near the cards. Master a Top Change and use the same timing for the load. You'll never have a problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:19 am 
born to perform.

Lensman wrote:
4_6 wrote:
Whys is everyone posting "and the deck never touches the wallet" as if it is a bad thing, if I were strolling and needed to take my wallet out, that is how it would be anyway..

I have the JOL Plus small, it's really good, just see waht exodus wrote. However I only really use that for two things, other wise just use a normal wallet and a double backer.

because it IS a bad thing since it makes the trick look less impossible, or more possible... the wallet shouldn't be close to the deck of cards, have you read darwin ortiz strong magic?, if not you should, he writes a lot about wich conditions that matters to laypeople.

Martin

What? yes I have read strong magic, but the cards touching a wallet is justified. I'm not going to make my specs hold the deck just to make the point that the wallet never touches the cards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:35 pm 
born to perform.

4_6 wrote:
Lensman wrote:
4_6 wrote:
Whys is everyone posting "and the deck never touches the wallet" as if it is a bad thing, if I were strolling and needed to take my wallet out, that is how it would be anyway..

I have the JOL Plus small, it's really good, just see waht exodus wrote. However I only really use that for two things, other wise just use a normal wallet and a double backer.

because it IS a bad thing since it makes the trick look less impossible, or more possible... the wallet shouldn't be close to the deck of cards, have you read darwin ortiz strong magic?, if not you should, he writes a lot about wich conditions that matters to laypeople.

Martin

What? yes I have read strong magic, but the cards touching a wallet is justified. I'm not going to make my specs hold the deck just to make the point that the wallet never touches the cards.

hmm.. well I would..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:40 pm 
born to perform.

Fair enough, I guess it depends, for me itd break the pace of the climax, I like to be to a quick shock at the end. But I can see how giving them the card and making everything inpossible can be pretty good too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:35 am 
born to perform.

4_6 wrote:
Fair enough, I guess it depends, for me itd break the pace of the climax, I like to be to a quick shock at the end. But I can see how giving them the card and making everything inpossible can be pretty good too.

idd, it depends, I, personally, would palm the card while giving them the deck to find their card... and while they are holding the deck I'd take out my wallet. but hey thats just me :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:31 pm 
born to perform.

Ok, that sounds fine. I'm sure you get good reactions, about 50% of the time I palm the card too. But I don't ask them to find their card - because when they are looking, they may think you put it in then, because they are looking at the cards, not you.

I say at the begging of my routine I have a supprise for them when Ive finished the trick, then at the end when I have finished I say, oh yeah your probably wondering what the supprise is, well I keep it here in my wallet as the zipped compartement...

I'm not saying my way is better, I'm just saying their are lots of different great ways, and one is not better then the other.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:05 pm 
born to perform.

4_6 wrote:
Ok, that sounds fine. I'm sure you get good reactions, about 50% of the time I palm the card too. But I don't ask them to find their card - because when they are looking, they may think you put it in then, because they are looking at the cards, not you.

I say at the begging of my routine I have a supprise for them when Ive finished the trick, then at the end when I have finished I say, oh yeah your probably wondering what the supprise is, well I keep it here in my wallet as the zipped compartement...

I'm not saying my way is better, I'm just saying their are lots of different great ways, and one is not better then the other.

yeah I like the idea to switch handlings 50 % of the time, that way you can compare reactions, anyway..

strong magic, the no-contact condition, page 67. look it up,
of course it slows the trick down, and that can also weaken the entertainment if you get dead time, but I guess each person have to decide what fits themself, and its hard (if possible) to say whats wrong and whats right..

but just read that three pages again, I suggest.

cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:53 am 
Penguin

My favorite card to wallet would have to be Shift 2 by Dee Christopher, it's palm free.

Also, my card to wallet effect, which is also palm free, kills everytime I perform it.

Post subject: Re: Card to Wallet
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:09 pm 
born to perform.

JOL small plus. I love this wallet.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:28 pm 

That's the one I use. I like having the option of using either method. JOL products are absolutely top of the line.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 4:28 pm 
born to perform.

I just got the Mirage wallet and I absolutely love it! Its no palm and only slightly bigger than a normal wallet. I wish it had more slots for credit cards and stuff but I just added the little plastic picture insert from my old wallet and that gave me a bunch more room. What I like about this one is that the card is paper-clipped in place. So not just can I use it as a normal CTW routine, but I could use it as a variation of Paperclipped by Sankey. This is perfect if you are having a hard time doing the MF lol

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 2:43 am 
born to perform.

If you like the mirage, you might like to look into Joshua Jay's Transporter.