View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Act Two by Barrie Richardson
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:19 pm 
born to perform.

This past Christmas I received Theatre of the Mind by Barrie Richardson and I absolutely LOVED it! Since Act Two is the sequel to Theatre of the Mind, I would think that I would like that book almost as much, if not more than TOM. Am I right in saying that? There are hardly any reviews for this online, so I was wondering if any of you guys had it and could pitch in any information about it.

Thanks for the help, guys! :D

Post subject: Re: Act Two by Barrie Richardson
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 11:28 am 
born to perform.

Nobody has this?

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 7:36 pm 
born to perform.

sure don't. Maybe you go ahead and buy it since you liked TOM, that way you can take the initiative and give us a review instead. It's called contributing to the mentalism community. Also, check the cafe if you haven't already since there's almost always a review of something there.

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 8:03 pm 
born to perform.

bucky310 wrote:
sure don't. Maybe you go ahead and buy it since you liked TOM, that way you can take the initiative and give us a review instead. It's called contributing to the mentalism community. Also, check the cafe if you haven't already since there's almost always a review of something there.

Geez am I not allowed to ask a question on the forums? I asked quite pleasantly if anybody had it so I could make an informed purchase. No need to be snarky about it. :?

And btw, I have contributed to the magic/mentalism community by writing detailed reviews in the past (Apocalypse [11], Hemispheres, On Mephisto's Shoulders, etc). I would just rather not spend $40 on something that doesn't match my style or disappoints me. I have many other books that I am deciding between, so I want to spend my money wisely.

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 8:17 pm 
Penguin

bucky310 wrote:

harsh and unnecessary, imho

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 8:18 pm 
born to perform.

evanbishop wrote:
bucky310 wrote:

Geez am I not allowed to ask a question on the forums? I asked quite pleasantly if anybody had it so I could make an informed purchase. No need to be snarky about it. :?

And btw, I have contributed to the magic/mentalism community by writing detailed reviews in the past (Apocalypse [11], Hemispheres, On Mephisto's Shoulders, etc). I would just rather not spend $40 on something that doesn't match my style or disappoints me. I have many other books that I am deciding between, so I want to spend my money wisely.

Evan, I don't see anything wrong with what you said. Maybe bucky310's just having a bad day. Cheer up man!

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 7:31 am 
born to perform.

it wasn't an attempt to be mean... oh well, maybe I typed it wrong. Apologies all around. I must be getting tired of the kids who ask too many questions that are always asked... even though this one hasn't been asked much (if at all since before this topic). I seriously meant the first part though. If you liked TOM, just buy the second one. I have quite a few magic purchases which were awesome buys that I made just because I liked something else that the author wrote. Sure some of mine are horrible purchases (indecent comes to mind), but you get to experience what is good and what isn't that way. This was my point, hopefully it's better communicated now.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 3:22 pm 
born to perform.

bucky310 wrote:
it wasn't an attempt to be mean... oh well, maybe I typed it wrong. Apologies all around. I must be getting tired of the kids who ask too many questions that are always asked... even though this one hasn't been asked much (if at all since before this topic). I seriously meant the first part though. If you liked TOM, just buy the second one. I have quite a few magic purchases which were awesome buys that I made just because I liked something else that the author wrote. Sure some of mine are horrible purchases (indecent comes to mind), but you get to experience what is good and what isn't that way. This was my point, hopefully it's better communicated now.

Thanks Bucky. I guess that's one of the downfalls of the internet, it's always hard to tell someone's intent from just a little paragraph. :wink: And yeah, I probably will still buy Act Two just because TOM was so great.

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 10:24 pm 
Penguin

Act Two is one of my all time favorite books on mentalism. I liked it even better than the original Theatre of the Mind, and it had a huge impact on me.

Elliott

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 3:25 pm 
born to perform.

ElliottB wrote:
Act Two is one of my all time favorite books on mentalism. I liked it even better than the original Theatre of the Mind, and it had a huge impact on me.

Elliott

Wow, I'm definitely getting this now! Although it will be in late June that I get it, so don't hope for a review until then. :)

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 4:56 pm 
Penguin

evanbishop wrote:
ElliottB wrote:

Elliott

Wow, I'm definitely getting this now! Although it will be in late June that I get it, so don't hope for a review until then. :)

That may be when I get my copy. I'll race you to read through it! :D

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 6:56 pm 
born to perform.

Running2Fly wrote:
evanbishop wrote:
ElliottB wrote:

Elliott

That may be when I get my copy. I'll race you to read through it! :D

Haha you would probably beat me! I usually take forever on reading books because I always like to space out learning the material. That way I wake up everyday knowing I can learn something new. For example, I take the entire month to read my Genii magazine issues. I just read a little bit every day.

But btw, if you're going to write a review, let me know ahead of time so I don't end up writing some really detailed review and then yours shows up like a day before mine lol. :)