View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: got a question for magicians into bizzare mentalism
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:43 am 
born to perform.

I recently bought Hampton Falls by Tony Chris and I'm wanting to do the story but only with a haunted asylum that's in Canada that had a similar story to that and it has to be half dead and half alive like the story in the Hampton Falls effect so it wouldn't look weird, having 8 teenagers and only something like 6 or 7 people involved. If anybody knows about a haunted asylum where there was something similar to that from Hampton Falls I'd be really grateful. Hope to hear from somebody soon.

Sincerely,

KingOfNynex2003

Post subject: Re: got a question for magicians into bizzare mentalism
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:35 am 
born to perform.

You could always just make something up. Find the name a a real Asylum near the location you are interested in(somewhere in Canada) and just build the story around it. If that's not good enough I recommend googling Ghost Hunter websites. The post tons of stories about different places. I'm sure you could find a location and a story that will suit your patter.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:39 am 
born to perform.

eostresh wrote:
You could always just make something up. Find the name a a real Asylum near the location you are interested in(somewhere in Canada) and just build the story around it. If that's not good enough I recommend googling Ghost Hunter websites. The post tons of stories about different places. I'm sure you could find a location and a story that will suit your patter.

Yeah. I've found a website just now and it has a list of most (if not all) the haunted places in Canada and I even have had one of those happen to me and one of my friends once. It was the one near UBC, I was in the back seat of my friends car and we found this lady walking around UBC hitchhiking and I felt sorry for her and told him to pick her up and she got in the car and when we asked where she needed to go she wasn't in the car with us anymore. Talk about freaky right?

Anyways I have made it upto Vancouver - The Vogue Theatre which is a little after a 1/4 of the way down tha page and I still haven't found anything that relates to the story told in the Hampton Falls effect, but I am optimistic.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:50 am 
born to perform.

Also I read about it before and I got a friend to drive us around UBC trying to find this girl and we finally did and I was in the back seat hidden from view and he was telling me what was going on but I could see the girl get in the front seat and I even saw her completely disappear, it was freaky but it was also really cool to know that it actually can happen.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:15 am 
born to perform.

Was she shorter than you, light brown hair that went to her shoulders and was she wearing a kaki jacket? This is in BC right?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:59 pm 
born to perform.

eostresh wrote:
Was she shorter than you, light brown hair that went to her shoulders and was she wearing a kaki jacket? This is in BC right?

Yes that was definitely her alright and it was pretty freaky to see her 1 second and the next she was completely gone. I'm still trying to figure out why she still got in because the story goes that if a passenger is in with the person she won't get in but I think it might've been the fact that I was hidden.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:39 pm 
born to perform.

KingOfNynex2003 wrote:
eostresh wrote:

Yes that was definitely her alright and it was pretty freaky to see her 1 second and the next she was completely gone. I'm still trying to figure out why she still got in because the story goes that if a passenger is in with the person she won't get in but I think it might've been the fact that I was hidden.

I knew it! Her names Rachel. Next time you see her you remind her that she owes me $50.00!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:50 pm 
born to perform.

eostresh wrote:
KingOfNynex2003 wrote:
eostresh wrote:

I knew it! Her names Rachel. Next time you see her you remind her that she owes me $50.00!

Dude she's a ghost whenever she gets into the car and whenever you ask where she's going she's completely gone, this isn't some trick, goto UBC on 16th Avenue West at night and see for yourself, you will be freaked out if it happens to you.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:00 pm 
born to perform.

KingOfNynex2003 wrote:
Dude she's a ghost whenever she gets into the car and whenever you ask where she's going she's completely gone, this isn't some trick, goto UBC on 16th Avenue West at night and see for yourself, you will be freaked out if it happens to you.

:lol: Sorry man. Couldn't resist a little "mentalist" humor on the mentalism thread :oops: Good luck on finding the right story for your effect.
cheers!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:02 pm 
born to perform.

eostresh wrote:
KingOfNynex2003 wrote:

:lol: Sorry man. Couldn't resist a little "mentalist" humor on the mentalism thread :oops: Good luck on finding the right story for your effect.
cheers!

Yeah I figured that out, and I went through that entire website and not a single one has a real insane asylum where it's haunted in Canada which is really surprising and so far I've not found any haunted insane asylums that have a similar story to that of Hampton Falls because I was sure that I heard about some teenagers going into an insane asylum and being attacked before.