View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Classic Pass Necessary?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:55 am 

I've never been a fan of the Herrmann Shift. I just feel that it needs an extra beat that hurts it. I love other shifts that use the Herrmann as the primary function, like the Midnight Shift, Turnover Pass, and Spread Pass, though.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:18 am 
born to perform.

exodus wrote:
I've never been a fan of the Herrmann Shift. I just feel that it needs an extra beat that hurts it. I love other shifts that use the Herrmann as the primary function, like the Midnight Shift, Turnover Pass, and Spread Pass, though.

I had never thought of that before. i always do an all around square up that covers that but to a magic savvy audience that would be a big tell (at least with a riffle or dribble pass the square up has motivation.) Good thing I rarely perform to audiences like that but I'd better put in some work before I do.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:42 pm 

If you're already using an All Around Square Up, you should look into the Midnight Shift. For the longest time, if I wanted to use a Pass for a Color Change, that's the one I'd go too. You may want to also consider the Invisible Pass from Expert Card Technique. It's essentially a Herrmann with a wrist turn to cover the move. I usually use it when I have the option to pull up my sleeves, since it flows well out of the wrist turn. I've also used it to rub the pack on my leg or something else nearby. Really, there are a lot of ways to cover the move.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:07 pm 
born to perform.

exodus wrote:
If you're already using an All Around Square Up, you should look into the Midnight Shift. For the longest time, if I wanted to use a Pass for a Color Change, that's the one I'd go too. You may want to also consider the Invisible Pass from Expert Card Technique. It's essentially a Herrmann with a wrist turn to cover the move. I usually use it when I have the option to pull up my sleeves, since it flows well out of the wrist turn. I've also used it to rub the pack on my leg or something else nearby. Really, there are a lot of ways to cover the move.

That Invisible Turnover pass is quite nice. I've had that book for six years an managed to gloss over that move every time. Sometime the coolest stuff is in your closet you just forgot it was there. Thanks X! Where can I find the Midnight shift?...It's probably in a book I have lying around here someplace :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:31 pm 

I totally agree. The Midnight Shift is Steve Draun's move and in his book. I'm sure it's on the DVDs too, but I haven't seen them. Bill Malone teaches a variation called the Sleeve Pass on his On the Loose series, which is pretty good too.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:30 pm 
born to perform.

exodus wrote:
I totally agree. The Midnight Shift is Steve Draun's move and in his book. I'm sure it's on the DVDs too, but I haven't seen them. Bill Malone teaches a variation called the Sleeve Pass on his On the Loose series, which is pretty good too.

Thanks for the referrals. I'll have to put those on the list....The one that is getting ridiculously long!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:58 pm 
Penguin

soowee wrote:
Super late reply. But I recently bought a video from Jonathan kamm, his tutorial on the classic pass. Very good......

Yes, Jonathan has one of the best Passes I have ever seen, I have worked with different passes for 16 years and his method is very simple, that was a great buy in my opinion.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:33 am 
born to perform.

roy291 wrote:
soowee wrote:
Super late reply. But I recently bought a video from Jonathan kamm, his tutorial on the classic pass. Very good......

Yes, Jonathan has one of the best Passes I have ever seen, I have worked with different passes for 16 years and his method is very simple, that was a great buy in my opinion.

Yup, totally agreed. SImple, straight to the point and cheap! ALthough, at the beginning of the vid, it got a bit annoying him showing off how awesome his pass looks. :evil:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:24 am 
Penguin

MagicMan43 wrote:
extremely Late reply i know.... but you tube passes !!!!rofl!!!! They are a terrible source to learn from. Even this fellow you speak of probably couldn't perform the pass
so fast as to fool the eye, fooling the camera is unbelievably easy as there is a time delay.

Akira Fuji is a great magician and his pass is great in real life performances as well. From wot i can see from these videos hes fooling the eyes of the audience. sometimes their even burning his hands

Heres some of his videos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWSMxUDg ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3y8I-CL_cEo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3H8mcea5C4