View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Matrix Lean Leg Braces and Others
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:11 pm 
Penguin

Does anyone here know where to buy or custom-build the leg braces for the Matrix Lean like what Cyril Takayama did, at a reasonable cost? The one that's sold by a Taiwan company is far over-priced at about $2150!

BTW, if anyone does know also of the source of any other magic tricks used by Cyril Takayama (American Japanese) and Lu Chen (Taiwanese) kindly advice. Lots of magic performed by these two top magicians are very unique, clean and appear impossible.

Thanks very much in advance!

Post subject: Re: Matrix Lean Leg Braces and Others
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:20 pm 
born to perform.

The source of Cyril's tricks? Everywhere.

I've seen him use effects from AoA (Paul Harris), marked card ones, and commercially-sold things like Prohibition.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:24 pm 
Penguin

akirafist wrote:
The source of Cyril's tricks? Everywhere.

I've seen him use effects from AoA (Paul Harris), marked card ones, and commercially-sold things like Prohibition.

Which version of Marked Card? Card Through Window, or? I'd love to check out. I've seen the Prohibition trick Cyril did, but he did it closeup and mostly on the spectator's hands very convincingly. I saw Prohibition on youtube, and the guy simply showed himself slamming the bent cap through the bottle's bottom at a distance. The bottle has too much printing on the outside and the trick doesn't look clean and convincing.

I have also seen clips of Night Shade performed by Cyril and others. While others merely showed a bill already having the shade drawn on the image, and then shook it to get the shade move up to the forehead, Cyril did it by first borrowing a bill from a spectator, and then drew the shade on the bill with the spectator watching. Next, instead of shaking, he pulled the shade up to the forehead with two fingers. Next, he used a tissue to press on the night shade drawing and the night shade drawing disappeared from the bill and was transferred on the tissue. He then burned the tissue and magically and instantly turned the ash into a pair of real sunglasses in his hand and put it on himself.

I'm not sure if such a commercially available Night Shade is able to do what Cyril did, or is there a separate package.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:02 pm 
born to perform.

There's a current topic about this with lots of information:
viewtopic.php?t=158246