View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:23 pm 
Penguin

These two happened on the same night, but with different audiences.

In the cups and balls routine, I do a fake transfer, pick up the wand and show it vanished.
a kid in the audience screams "it went up your sleeve!"
I watch my sleeve, it's rolled up over the elbow.
"huh?" and I move on.

Later I do my rope routine, which starts off with the prof. nightmare. I hand out the 3 ropes to 3 members of the audience, and I ask each one of them "is this like a rubberband? it's not an elastic rope, right?" I pull the ropes to match action with words. they say no.

I do it, one of the kids i handed the rope to yells out: It's an elastic rope!

"Yeah, right."

Post subject: Re: Worst explanation from a spec
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:45 am 
Penguin

Did cups and balls (Vernon's version) and one person insisted that I stored the balls in my wand to make them vanish.... (I got my wand right from Penguin here.) I even let her examine it afterwards, many laughs were had when she unscrewed it and looked down tiny hole.

~Burkey

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:22 pm 
born to perform.

The worst explanation I ever got was "this is just simple sleight of hand"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:28 am 
Penguin

I was doing a trick at the renaissance festival and before I could even finish the phrase, "Pick a card." some kid goes, " They are all the same card." At which point I paused to shut him up by spreading the cards face up for him.

Another one I get alot is I saw that, or I know how you did that, But who doesnt get those.When they say how did you do that/ I just say, very well thank you.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:52 am 
Penguin

Larou wrote:
Last week when I tested the new black deck (it is terrible!) I performed a few color changes for a group of girls...I did the erdnase (I rub over the deck and it changed) and a girl said to me. Hey, look at the cards, I know the principle! When you got your hand over the card, the color changed because of the heat of your hand. The Cards are heat sensitive she said!

I found that quite funny...

That doesn't really exist.. does it? My ex-gf was so sure it existed (it started to convince me.. to the point where I would like to prove or disprove this claim), but she hasn't been shopping in any magic store. I guess it is possible but how expensive would that be? Especially since it could be easily done with the Erdnase. My theory to that is that someone of authority to her told her that it exists. :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:06 pm 
born to perform.

I'm not sure if those kind of cards actually exist, but there are tons of products out there that change colour by the heat of your hands.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:32 pm 
born to perform.

NCDusSinister wrote:
Larou wrote:
Last week when I tested the new black deck (it is terrible!) I performed a few color changes for a group of girls...I did the erdnase (I rub over the deck and it changed) and a girl said to me. Hey, look at the cards, I know the principle! When you got your hand over the card, the color changed because of the heat of your hand. The Cards are heat sensitive she said!

That doesn't really exist.. does it? My ex-gf was so sure it existed (it started to convince me.. to the point where I would like to prove or disprove this claim), but she hasn't been shopping in any magic store. I guess it is possible but how expensive would that be? Especially since it could be easily done with the Erdnase. My theory to that is that someone of authority to her told her that it exists. :)

Actually they now do:

http://www.magicshop.co.uk/CARD_MAGIC_TRICKS/c21/p2514/Alpha_Cards_-_Heat_Changing_Playing_Cards/product_info.html

Sean

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:31 am 
Penguin

sean_mh wrote:
NCDusSinister wrote:
Larou wrote:

Actually they now do:

http://www.magicshop.co.uk/CARD_MAGIC_TRICKS/c21/p2514/Alpha_Cards_-_Heat_Changing_Playing_Cards/product_info.html

Sean

How about one that the back would change color... disappointed that the heart or spades ended up up-side-down.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:46 pm 
born to perform.

Every morning in the army we have to sit for like 30 minutes and listen to a briefing about our missions, I often take a coin with me and practice on coin rolling to pass the time and not get bored like everyone else.
So anyway, a few days ago I didn't take a coin because my hands were too cold.
I tried warming my hands by moving my fingers, after a few seconds the guy sitting next to me asked me for "it".
I asked him what does he want, because I wasn't holding anything, so he said he wants the coin because he wants to learn how to coin roll, so I told him I don't have a coin here and then he said that I made it vanish and went on to checking my sleeves to prove to me that he caught me.
I actually got an explanation for a trick that I didn't do, lol.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:00 pm 
born to perform.

I was doing a spongeball routine for some little kids today and I happened to be wearing a band-aid (cut my thumb that morning) and this little kid was CONVINCED that I kept taking sponges out of my band-aid lol

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:41 pm 
born to perform.

Zenn_Darkfire wrote:
I was doing a spongeball routine for some little kids today and I happened to be wearing a band-aid (cut my thumb that morning) and this little kid was CONVINCED that I kept taking sponges out of my band-aid lol

I always wondered why they were red...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:03 pm 
born to perform.

evanbishop wrote:
Zenn_Darkfire wrote:

I always wondered why they were red...

lololol

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:44 am 
Penguin

knifoon120 wrote:
Once you get good enough, your only reaction will be "It's because he/she is magic."

I usually don't perform a trick until its been perfectly practiced to death.

Whether you know the trick inside and out or just learned it, you're going to run into these people. It doesnt matter how well you performed. Usually they are drunk or just full of themselves. My take has always been to say, "oh yeah??... indulge us... the stage is yours..." Then they try and can't and offer up some sort of speculation as to how you did it, and whether it's right or wrong, now it's your time to be the heckler.... I've rarely been in this situation, but when I have, I let them make fools of themselves and then stop them and say...."Ok...That's enough. I never claimed to perform miracles. I'm a magician... an artist of illusion... This is what separates you and I. I make this look good and you do not. Thank you for the comedy part of my show. Next time apply for the opening act and you might get paid. Now. Please take you seat." If I'm doing street magic and encounter the same situation, usually they are drunk... Then you speak "child talk" to them and agree that they know how everything is done and say something along the lines of let's keep it between you and I. After reading your post, please dont tell me you go out there and tell everyone that you are a miracle worker or the next messiah. That's such a lame way to present yourself. Present yourself as an artist. You'll gain a ton more respect that way.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:09 am 
Penguin

I do a signed card color change, and give the card to the spectator to keep.

The back of the card changes color twice....the last time it's in their hand.

Most everyone thinks the card has a chemical on it which reacts to heat :)

Like a mood-ring/mood-card...JEEZE !

It's so fun to watch them rub the card, blow on it etc.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:56 pm 
Penguin

i performed the invisible deck to my sister, and she said:

"the deck has ears!!!"

LOLOL! yea.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next