View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: 13 Steps to Mentalism
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:30 pm 
Penguin

bucky310 wrote:

More does not mean most. When he says it focuses more on it, he means that the dvd can teach the workings a lot better than the book can. That's it. He and I never said most of the material was on how the effects worked. The reason I said that if someone was more into mental magic than they should get the dvds was because people who get the dvds only tend to flock more towards the mental magic side of things. Whereas people who have the books tend to be more mentalism centered.

My comment came from this part of his post:

Quote:
The dvd focus more onto the working of the effects, if you are more interested in learning easily effects I'd say grab the Dvd, and if you are more interested into starting into mentalism and really getting to understand the essence, the book will be more than necessary.

Just taking the first sentence - "The DVD focus more on the working of the effects[/quote] and what that says to me is, well what he wrote. My response is there is not more focus on the workings of the effects.

bucky310 wrote:
Also, how much you've talked to Osterlind and watched the dvds does not make you an expert in mentalism. Sure it's a great base, but if you already think you know everything (simply an assumption by the way you're talking to me and Blizt) then you've got tonnes to learn.

Where did I say that just because I talked to Osterlind it makes me an expert in mentalism? I've been involved in mentalism for 30 years and have been a professional mentalist for the past several years. It's how I make my living. I'm fortunate that he's been like a mentor to me over the past 5 years.

Quote:
There is no way you know EXACTLY what is on the dvds, this just makes you sound silly.

Actually, that comment makes you sound silly. I've been watching these DVDs since before they were released. I manage L&L's website and get access to all the material weeks before it's released. I regularly watch the DVDs several times a month. One of the comments that was made is they've never done a DVD with so much detail into theory and presentation than they have with this.

Repeating myself, I encourage anyone serious about mentalism to get both the book and the DVD set. I've been reading Corinda for over 25 years and after watching the DVDs was able to get a better understand of the material and found new material that I had overlooked in the book. One of the best presentations on this set is right out of the book, but I never thought anything beyond what I had read because it was only a few sentences, one very small paragraph. Osterlind updated it, and made it a full stage presentation that can last 10 minutes.

If anyone has doubts, then I would encourage you to come over to the MentalistSanctum.com, which is a serious forum for professional mentalists and learn from other pros who endorse the DVD set as the perfect companion to the book.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:55 pm 
born to perform.

StevenPellegrino wrote:
Actually, that comment makes you sound silly. I've been watching these DVDs since before they were released.

You guys should just drop your pants and compare sizes. It's faster, and much less typing.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:24 pm 
Penguin

Well, this thread is a strong reminder about why I don't read this forum or post here. All I'm trying to do is set the record straight about a product I happen to know a lot about.

Buy the DVDs, don't buy the DVDs, makes no difference to me as I don't make a dime off of them.

I'll let "Bucky310" have the last word on this. It's after 6pm in St. Louis and I'm off to perform at a company event tonight, so carry on guys.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:47 pm 
Penguin

http://af7eb4-vy3i9tuk7rgzy0gve9z.hop.clickbank.net/

Learn to master mentalism!