View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Tango Ultimate Coin
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:50 am 
Penguin

Hello, I'm relatively new to coin magic and I was wondering if the Tango Ultimate Coin: http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=S11658, be a good investment or should I hold off, the thing is in a couple of months I will be leaving, quite possibly the country, and will have no way of purchasing anything for two years. Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Tango Ultimate Coin
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:07 pm 
born to perform.

I posted this in another thread a few days ago.

Quote:
I did a lot of research on this last fall and, based up the input of dozens of magicians, I came up with three gaffed coins/coin sets that cover a lot of ground.

Tango Ultimate Coin - hard to describe without giving away the secret. It does much of what a flipper, a slippery sam, and a shell can do. And it can do things that the other gimmicked coins can not do. The DVD comes with a bunch of good routines such as matrix, reverse matrix, coin penertations and a good 3-Fly routine. No reset required and only limited by your imagination.

A copper/silver coin. These are dirt cheap, there is no reset. Deceptively simple to do an in the spectator's hand transposition. Bobo's MCM has some really good routines for a copper/silver coin.

Copper/Silver/Brass Transposition set. I just got a Tango set. Comes with a centavo, a half dollar, a chinese coin, and a gaffed coin that is a mixture of all three coins. It's beautiful. The basic routine is good but I think you can be pretty creative with this set.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:17 pm 
Penguin

If you are starting out with coins wait for a while. You want to be able to do tons with different size coins with your bare hands. Tango is awesome. I have it, I love it. I have been doing coin magic for 6 years before I found this gem. Really takes what you can do to the next step. But remember, know the basics, then gimmicks come in to make it more magical. Have that foundation -DP

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:21 pm 
born to perform.

If one isn't going to be able to obtain any magic products for two years then I recommend getting a beginner and an intermediate DVD, assuming one will have access to being able to view them.
Of course they can always be transferred to a device like an iPod
assuming one is going to have access to electricity. 'Might need to look in to obtaining a voltage converter for electrical plugs.

YES, the T.U.C. would be a GREAT purchase.

In the Beginning There Were Coins;
http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=1581
Also available for less $ as a download.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:07 am 
born to perform.

You guys do realize that this guy posted this question back in April. I guess this might be helpful info to someone else.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:28 pm 
Penguin

You will be able to make tons of coins of different sizes with bare hands. Tango is impressive. I, I love it. I made the magic parts in 6 years before I found this little gem.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:50 pm 
Penguin

Tango with centavo coin, half dollar, the Chinese currency, gaffed and money, which is a mixture of all three coins. It looks beautiful. The routine basis is good, but I think you can be pretty creative this set.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:09 pm 
Penguin

I bought the TUC and am sorry I did. As far as I'm concerned it's over-priced and highly over rated! :evil: