View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: How is the holidays looking for you?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:57 pm 
Penguin

Hey guys,

It's been a month since anyone has posted anything in this section and I am sitting in the office taking phone calls and booking shows today so I thought I would pose a question.

How is everyones holidays looking this year. So far I have 5 company events for December. I finalized 2 of them today. This is more than I had last year at this point and I have raised my prices by $50.00 so I'm thinking it should end up being a good and busy month for me.

Are you up, down, or the same? If there is any change what do you think is the reason? Do you think people will be looking to book later this year as the recession is still in effect?

Just thought i would ask as it is the time to be booking those shows.

Post subject: Re: How is the holidays looking for you?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:10 am 
Penguin

Congratulations on your current success. I have also noticed the rather sudden decline of contributors to our forums and I have yet to find the reason as for why.

As for business, I would have to say it has been the same. Birthdays are always coming and going, and I have a small seminar to speak to kids my age with a significant enthusiasm for magic but a clueless agenda as to where to start. I recently placed out a small "Ask the Magician" Box to see the kinds of questions that they are going to throw at me and I have to say, I am quite disappointed.

I can tell you now, the source of my disappointment would have to be that most of these questions contained the names "Criss Angel" and/or "David Blaine." Now I am not trying to downplay nor disrespect these established entertainers, but I am just saying that they have barely graced the world of what we perceive as magic.

So, as for my success, I would have to say it is left unchanged for now. If I am able to convince these kids that magic is so much more and I am able to usher in a hopeful source of dedicated people who are willing to continue our art, well then my success will speak for itself.