View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: "Captured" cap in bottle
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:58 pm 
born to perform.

So I did some research on my own but didn't really find a diffinative (spl?)answer to my question. I work in a restaurant bar where I do strolling magic. How practical is this cap in bottle for this situation? I basically bounce around from the restaraunt area and do kids and adult magic at the tables and then I'll pop into the bar to do magic for the more intoxicated loud people, hehe. Anyway, is Captured something I will be able to use in the bar when I go in there?

Thanks in advance, and I apologize for asking a question thats been answered but I couldn't find the answer to my question really.

Post subject: Re: "Captured" cap in bottle
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:08 am 
born to perform.

afelbs wrote:
So I did some research on my own but didn't really find a diffinative (spl?)answer to my question. I work in a restaurant bar where I do strolling magic. How practical is this cap in bottle for this situation? I basically bounce around from the restaraunt area and do kids and adult magic at the tables and then I'll pop into the bar to do magic for the more intoxicated loud people, hehe. Anyway, is Captured something I will be able to use in the bar when I go in there?

Thanks in advance, and I apologize for asking a question thats been answered but I couldn't find the answer to my question really.

Yeah, you could do it but it requires a fair amount of setup beforehand and it also has restrictions on what type of bottle you can use (ie. no clear-glass). If that doesn't bother you, go for it. But IMO the better trick is Prohibition, its practical and virtually impromptu. You can use the bottle they've been holding for a while which makes it seem even more impossible.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:47 am 
born to perform.

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:23 am 
born to perform.

Will I need anything other than the dvd to do Prohibition like a PK ring?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:28 am 
born to perform.

Yes you need a PK ring.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:46 pm 
born to perform.

They're both great. Prohibition must be done with a bent cap - to be totally impromptu - and it can not be done in a spectator's hand. Also, in Prohibition, you must be wearing a PK Ring. Captured doesn't require any jewelry, but the drawback is that the bottle can not be clear.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:49 am 
born to perform.

I have to be honest. I never liked ANY cap in bottle routine. To me, none of them are practical enough because of set up, or special equipment needed to accomplish the effect.

IMHO, Coin in Bottle is a much stronger effect. Using a folding coin (along with your favorite coin switch) and a bottle, you have an effect that people will talk about for a long time. This is much more practical, and the items can be borrowed if desired.

Just my 2 cents,
Brian

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:14 am 
born to perform.

brisco wrote:
I have to be honest. I never liked ANY cap in bottle routine. To me, none of them are practical enough because of set up, or special equipment needed to accomplish the effect.

IMHO, Coin in Bottle is a much stronger effect. Using a folding coin (along with your favorite coin switch) and a bottle, you have an effect that people will talk about for a long time. This is much more practical, and the items can be borrowed if desired.

Just my 2 cents,
Brian

I know what your saying but for me magically putting a cap in a bottle makes so much more sense. I guess its down to personal preference.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:02 pm 
born to perform.

Go with Prohibition! You don't have to buy a PK ring, there is something else you can buy dirt cheap at a hardware store. It happens to be the method that I prefer as well.(He tells you what it is in the dvd) Good luck, it's a great trick!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:35 pm 
Site Admin

I have done coin in bottle but I get the best reactions from Prohibition, putting a cap thru the bottom of the bottle while it is capped on top, just blows people away!! His new DVD shows various takes on including a signed cap!! Now what more could you ask for????

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:27 pm 
Penguin

In my opinion Captured looks so much more elegant. The way you just tap the bottle on your hand and the cap is in. But in your situation, I would also agree with performing Prohibition due to it being more practical and impromptu.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:13 pm 
born to perform.

Nicoletta wrote:
In my opinion Captured looks so much more elegant. The way you just tap the bottle on your hand and the cap is in. But in your situation, I would also agree with performing Prohibition due to it being more practical and impromptu.

I also say Captured is really cool. But it does take more set up.

I allways use Prohibition.