View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Rising card on paper?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:08 pm 
born to perform.

Thinking of picking up a trick. Whats that trick called where you have a card selected, then draw a picture of the wrong card on a sketchpad, and then the right card rises up and pops up out of the wrong card on the paper? You then tear off the paper and give it away as a keepsake

Post subject: Re: Rising card on paper?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:24 pm 
born to perform.

It's called Cardiographic by Martin Lewis and its around 130 bucks

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:07 pm 
born to perform.

Thats the one, nice.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:08 pm 
born to perform.

afelbs wrote:
Thats the one, nice.

Glad to help

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:27 pm 
born to perform.

Yea, I saw it the other day and had forgotten it was out there. I then forgot what it was called. I want to buy it because it looks like it will play well for any audience (it does not discriminate because of color, race, age, venue :) If it does I don't support it........

Ar

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:12 pm 

I think there are now two versions available, one large size for stage and one notepad size for smaller crowds. The big one is Cardiographic, but I'm not sure if the smaller one goes by that name, or even if it's a Martin Lewis product. I'm still looking...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:50 am 
born to perform.

Has anyone seen this effect live? I have only seen in in 2D(youtube videos ect.) and thus the method looks....ermmm....obvious. Perhaps it plays better live? I like the concept but have always satayed away for my stated reason.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:08 am 
born to perform.

I still may buy this, I like the look of the trick. How big (or small) is the little one? Is it restaurant table hoping small? Thanks

Ari

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:21 pm 
born to perform.

How practical is this trick? Do you need to have a large distance between yourself and the audience to hide the gimmick? What are your thoughts on the quality of the prop(s)? and does it require refills at any time?

Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:47 pm 

There is a playing card version by Ron Jaxon that is definitely table hopping small. http://magicjax.com/vcr.html

The larger one might have minor issues regarding distance, but if you're on stage it shouldn't matter. Yes, it requires refills as you tear off a souvenir sheet for each performance. The gaff is reusable, but you have to disassemble the tablet to add new blank sheets.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:00 am 
born to perform.

Thanks for the explanation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:08 pm 
born to perform.

eostresh wrote:
Has anyone seen this effect live? I have only seen in in 2D(youtube videos ect.) and thus the method looks....ermmm....obvious. Perhaps it plays better live? I like the concept but have always satayed away for my stated reason.

I've seen Martin Lewis do it close up. He also has a business card version that is quite cool. I've seen Jason Lattimer do on stage in front of 2,000 people - he flashed the gimmick repeatedly as he danced around the volunteer. It was a little hard to see the pip on the drawn card from where I was sitting (although he employed big screen televisions). I've seen a local magician perform on stage in front of a few hundred people and it got great reactions. Bottomline is that it is a very visual effect that plays for any small and large audiences. Just don't dance around and turn the gimmick sideways.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:19 pm 
born to perform.

tbwendt wrote:
eostresh wrote:

I've seen Martin Lewis do it close up. He also has a business card version that is quite cool. I've seen Jason Lattimer do on stage in front of 2,000 people - he flashed the gimmick repeatedly as he danced around the volunteer. It was a little hard to see the pip on the drawn card from where I was sitting (although he employed big screen televisions). I've seen a local magician perform on stage in front of a few hundred people and it got great reactions. Bottomline is that it is a very visual effect that plays for any small and large audiences. Just don't dance around and turn the gimmick sideways.

Thanks for the info. Sometimes my magicians eye gets in between me and some real crowd pleasers...Ie. Pressure. Dumbest thing I have ever seen....but audiences go NUTS!