View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: head drop illusions
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:52 pm 
Penguin

As would I.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:56 pm 
born to perform.

The price is surprising. This was one of the first effects I learned years ago, and being new to magic bought it from a "third party" would be the closest term. A video created by someone other than the inventor, even though the method seemed accurate. I made this gimmick myself.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 1:53 am 
Penguin

Hi guys,
my name is Diobo,
please, i would like to have also this script.
can you help me to get it?

greetings
D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:15 pm 
Penguin

I saw this a few days ago take a look http://www.xploremagic.com/Illusion/hea ... ealed.html

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:42 pm 
Penguin

I to am interested in head drop can anyone help me with this? :)

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 6:17 pm 
Penguin

Assuming that the actual going price for the marketed design is fifty thousand dollars, one could save at least $49,500 by designing and building it on his/her own. Be that as it may, the illusion is very impractical to perform unless one ventures out with the single intention of performing it. I am sure that no man in his right mind would want to walk around all day prepared to do this. On another note, keep in mind the climate in which you live. Layering is an evident must in terms of the method to this illusion, so it would be almost entirely impractical for anybody who lives in a mostly warm city.

If I were intent on building such an illusion, even for a reduced price, I would want to know that it would pay itself off. It seems to me that one should only attempt to construct the Head Drop Illusion if he/she desperately needs it to complete a lucrative show. Even if it had a specific application, I fear that it would not have even half of the power that some other effects do with regard to magical impact. Honestly, I can assume with a firm degree of comfort that most audiences would be more pleased to watch a well-performed Cups and Balls routine.

I will concede that the concept has been put to good use in the past. The only way in which I can imagine this idea being put to good use is in the example of Jerome Murat's famous routine. His is a theatrical masterpiece that the audience recognizes as artistic beauty, while Cyril (for all his merit) has used it as a simple gag that is in no way representative of magic per se. Honestly, I think it brings the art of magic down a bit in the manner that it has been employed.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 11:01 am 
born to perform.

How is this thread still alive?

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 9:53 am 
born to perform.

MichalAngelo wrote:
Sweepingreaper4 wrote:
Ask forum member "MichaelAngelo".

Oh boy...A few years ago, Harry Knight developed his "HEad off Shoulders" illusion...It was an affordable version of Cyril's ultra over-valued version. Harry and I teamed up to add improvements and market this illusion. It was agreed that this illusion would not be available just anywhere. Specific dealers were handpicked by Harry, himself and authorized to sell the HOS.

Enrique de la Vega, who is Cyril's right-hand man and one of the creators of T.H.E.M contacted me in an uproar because of the illusion. Apparently, we hit a nerve in the Takayama camp. He was upset that we were marketing an illusion that was teaching how to build the gimmick for less than $10, when Cyril's gimmick cost around $50,000. I have no proof whether or not it actually cost that much. The argument didn't result in their favor, as even though the illusion looked the same, the gimmick was made of different materials and was constructed differently. Basically, we took a different route than Cyril, yet ended up at the same destination. The only agreement made was that in the true HOS (not rip-offs), Cyril's name would not be used...As in "As performed by Cyril".

I have harry Knight head off shoulders. I got this a few years back.
Therefore, if you see an ad for the "Head off Shoulders" illusion, and it's advertised "As performed by Cyril", it's a rip-off. I believe the price at the time of this product's popularity was $35-$40.

I may have a copy of the original notes and diagrams somewhere. If I do, you're more than welcome to have them. I have no use for them, and am no longer marketing the illusion, as our 2 year agreement is long expired.

I have harry Knight head off shoulders. I got this a few years back.