View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Best non-magic book I've ever read. Period.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:21 pm 
born to perform.

http://physicalgamebook.com

On my second reading. I have to stop every few pages just to digest the insane amount of reality shattering this book does to my head. This guy has been teaching boot camps every weekend for 5 years, and discovered the holy grail of approaching people.

Out of the thousands of books I've read over my lifetime, this ranks as the #1 of all time. I'm not even sure how to adequately describe it.

Post subject: Re: Best non-magic book I've ever read. Period.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:40 pm 
born to perform.

Anyone who wants better communication skills should definitely study the pick-up artist community.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:14 pm 
Emperor Penguin

RSD ftw

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:02 am 
born to perform.

hmm no wonder why my method of jump and grind doesnt work

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:01 pm 
born to perform.

Am I the only magician who does not like the Pick Up (struggles to say) Artist mentality. It seems sooner or later a magician I know will come out and say that he lives by these books. To be quite honest it is a little sorry. I mean are we really so bad with people that we need formulas and techniques to make ourselves seem better then we really are. To me it is just another branch on the money tree that is self help literature. Why cant people be real these days?
You say that this improves interactions with people in general bet lets be honest, it's about getting women. In the video you put up he begins by saying that you have to immediately get physical with a woman to get "laid". Really is that what we have come to? Women are just rubik's cubes that need to be solved to get with. What happened to chivalry and being a decent person for the sake of being one? Now it is all about the game and how you can manipulate people to get what you want. Sorry but I think that is a little sad.
Most relationships fail because the person was not honest about who they were from the beginning. Books like this, i think, are the reasons for our increased divorce rates.

Oh and not to judge a man by his ten minute video but he looks like the greasiest used car salesman I have ever seen.

Sorry for the rant,
Dylan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:31 pm 
Team Penguin

juliegel wrote:
Am I the only magician who does not like the Pick Up (struggles to say) Artist mentality. It seems sooner or later a magician I know will come out and say that he lives by these books. To be quite honest it is a little sorry. I mean are we really so bad with people that we need formulas and techniques to make ourselves seem better then we really are. To me it is just another branch on the money tree that is self help literature. Why cant people be real these days?
You say that this improves interactions with people in general bet lets be honest, it's about getting women. In the video you put up he begins by saying that you have to immediately get physical with a woman to get "laid". Really is that what we have come to? Women are just rubik's cubes that need to be solved to get with. What happened to chivalry and being a decent person for the sake of being one? Now it is all about the game and how you can manipulate people to get what you want. Sorry but I think that is a little sad.
Most relationships fail because the person was not honest about who they were from the beginning. Books like this, i think, are the reasons for our increased divorce rates.

Oh and not to judge a man by his ten minute video but he looks like the greasiest used car salesman I have ever seen.

Sorry for the rant,
Dylan

I don't think so at all.

Like magic, the "pick-up" community has different methods and approaches are different for everyone. I see no harm in seeing other peoples methods and choosing what may be more efficient. I think seeing all of these different approaches allows us, if nothing else, to understand more what works better for different people.

By the same logic, you could say that NO one should ever read or watch a book or DVD on magic; when doing a magic trick, you are establishing a relationship with your spectators, and if you are performing for a woman you hope to someday be with, are establishing your first impression, same way that a book has methods for.

All the best.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:31 pm 
born to perform.

juliegel wrote:
who does not like the Pick Up (struggles to say) Artist mentality

Actually the book is ABOUT losing the pickup artist mentality and being yourself.

juliegel wrote:
techniques to make ourselves seem better then we really are

I went on WAY OVER 50 dates with women I met online and around town. Every last one of them ditched me immediately or after the first couple of dates. After the 50th one, I said "if this doesn't work, I obviously need some help" and went to a RSD boot camp. And now the dates go A LOT better, and I have some great female relationships in my life.

juliegel wrote:
You say that this improves interactions with people in general bet lets be honest, it's about getting women.

Last I checked, and please correct me if I'm wrong - but women are people? Of course it's about pickup, but the approach is totally different than what you're thinking.

juliegel wrote:
Most relationships fail because the person was not honest about who they were from the beginning.

The book instructs you to be who you are, and tell the girl from the start that you're a geek, bookworm, WoW nerd, etc. It specifically says not to try to be someone else.

juliegel wrote:
you have to immediately get physical with a woman to get "laid". Really is that what we have come to?

You don't jump her and dry grind her on the pavement ... you touch her shoulder, hand, be playful and fun to let her know you're interested. And this is wrong ... why? It's called flirting, and is repeated throughout dozens of other "flirting" books.

You "get physical" with guys too. My magic is very physical, so is Greg Wilson's and other magicians we love to watch. He's touching a girl's arm, flirting with her, putting his arm around them, just having fun in general.

juliegel wrote:
Sorry for the rant

It's all good, you're naturally assuming this is The Mystery Method of some crap. I would sum up the book's concepts, but you'd say "oh I already know that!". Which is a waste of time. But there's at least 40+ different things I read in here that changed how I look at my interactions with other people.

I'm not asking you to like the material, just don't trash a book by assuming you know what's inside. That's like saying you hate Anne Rice when you've never read anything from her.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:37 pm 
born to perform.

Oh and I flipped through "The Flirting Bible" while waiting on my friend at the bookstore this past weekend. What did it say? Touching to let a guy/girl know you're interested is good!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:53 pm 
born to perform.

Why do you need a book to tell you to be yourself? You know how to do that already and anything else the book tells you to do is not included in the being yourself bubble. If you tell her you like magic and then later on remember that touching her is a good thing you have stopped being yourself and started working by the instruction manual. Any action that you perform that you would not have if it had not been for the book is not you naturally. Perhaps you are not someone who feels comfortable touching other people right off the bat? Should you change because the book told you to do it?
I understand that these books are not to make you someone else entirely but they do cause you to let on that you are more then you really are. You are magnifying parts of your personality that may be small.

I just emailed the video to my girlfriend and asked her what she would do if she found out a guy she liked was getting instruction from those types of videos. I do not think she actually watched the whole thing but she emailed me back saying it would be a turn off. I agree with her. Someone who needs to read a manual on how to be a likable human being has admitted defeat and is at the methods of last resort.

As always,
Dylan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:17 pm 
born to perform.

juliegel wrote:
Any action that you perform that you would not have if it had not been for the book is not you naturally.

Lol it's a dating self-help book. That section of my library/bookstore is always packed with people, because obviously, people enjoy "doing actions that don't occur naturally".

juliegel wrote:
I just emailed the video to my girlfriend and asked her what she would do if she found out a guy she liked was getting instruction from those types of videos.

That's awesome, you're so worked up about a book you've never read (nor know the contents of) that you're emailing other people to get opinion-validation! This is fun!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:25 pm 

There's a difference between trying to get laid and trying to be more sociable. What happens to those guys that get nervous around people, but still want to make new friends? Should they just be left to wallow is low self confidence?

Also, it's not all about formulas and techniques to meet women. The same theories apply to any magician. It talks about introducing yourself to them and joining their circle, building rapport, and creating connections. If I'm not mistaken, that's the same goals that magicians have.

Also, the chivalry thing just doesn't work too well anymore. It's a great thing to do and something I strive to do every day, but guys that are looking to socialize and get dates need to do more than open doors for people. Also, I know a few guys that have no idea what they're doing wrong with relationships. They can't seem to make them work. These books have helped quite a bit, but that's a different subject.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:56 pm 
Emperor Penguin

When RSD first started, it was about little tricks and lines to help 'get girls'. Thats definitely not the case today. Back when it first started it was just a group of nerdy guys hanging out and trying to figure out how to get girls. Now its literately more of a science of social interaction. All the recent work from RSD is all about being yourself, being confident, not acting like a different person or acting a certain way. Its about being 100% centered, living in the moment, staying happy and confident. Its that simple. Its about learning how to be more social, because over the years that is what this has led to: its all about being yourself and being social.

There is nothing negative about RSD, its a legit site to help people be more social. The people who are teaching this stuff learned from FORCING themselves into social interactions with people. The head guy went 100 nights in a row to clubs and meet new people. Years of constant learning, and he is teaching what he has learned. It is not about 'getting laid', its about being able to approach new people and be 100% comfortable and real. Its not tricks, or dressing a certain way.

There is a reason why that company is so successful. The fact of the matter is, majority of people DON'T know how to interact with new people. Especially enough to get positive responses from them, or to get them to 'like you'. You're kidding yourself if you think otherwise. Most people hang around their friends or stand around the bar when they go out. The idea of being able to go up to GROUPS of new people and just join them and open them up and getting accepted is not a reality.

I, like you, hate the 'pick up artist' term. Its something that RSD is getting away from. When i think of Pick up artists, i think of douchy guys that dress up with hats and junk and use pick up lines. Thats the total opposite of what the head guy at RSD teaches. The teachers literately are just normal guys that strived to learn how to be better at socializing. They do it over and over again and reflect back on what they did and why they would get shut down. And they tell you from experience, if your body is positioned a certain way or if you react a certain way to a person, they will shut you out and not talk to you anymore. People are really really really good at picking up subtle social cues, if you set the wrong one off to a person you're just meeting then they will just turn away and end the conversation instantly. Unless your brad pitt, you might only get 1 chance to open up a positive relationship with a new person.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apEoEbyI ... re=related

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:26 am 
born to perform.

You all must be yanking my chain. It is very obvious that the whole point of RSD is to pick up women. You say that it is not what they are trying to do and they are pushing away from it but just look at their web site! It is plastered with "How to attract women" and "Think there's no such thing as Stud-ologie 101?" Those are actual quotes from the site.

As for why the company is successful? Are you kidding me!!?? THE SNUGGIE IS SUCCESSFUL! Information like this sells because it promises people what they want. In america we believe for the right price there is a solution to everything be it losing weight, growing hair, or getting women. The product sells because there are people that are willing to believe that for the price they too can go "from dud to Stud" (another actual quote from the site).

It is a fad. I understand that I seem to be the only person here who considers this the sleezest thing you can partake in short of a roofie but I don't care. It is your money and you can spend it the way you like. But please consider this. If you were really completely honest with the woman you were courting you would tell her about using these products right. What do you think she would think of you then?

As always,
Dylan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:35 am 

We must be kidding? You seemingly have dozens of preconceived notions about what this is and is not, but you have no real experience with it. You have to be kidding.

I'd suggest that you get rid of everything you think you know about this stuff and take a quick look into it. You may learn something.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:16 am 
Emperor Penguin

juliegel wrote:
But please consider this. If you were really completely honest with the woman you were courting you would tell her about using these products right. What do you think she would think of you then?

As always,
Dylan

Nothing, thats kind of the big pivotal point in what is taught. Its not so much what you say, but how you say it. If you are pulling all the right strings with your posture, you're body language, you're vocal tones, and are coming off as genuine and down to earth, then you can talk about anything.

I still don't get whats sleezy about learning about to be better in social interactions. Yes the big pull for new comers is 'getting girls', but once you actually get into it, it is not about pick up lines or con-ing people. The stuff they teach is interesting, no different than a professional lie detector explaining to you how they scan peoples faces and body language to gauge if they are lying or not. Or a businessman explaining to you the science behind persuading people. As much as you think its 'sleezy', its honestly nothing more than teaching you the do's and dont's of social interaction with new people.

Yes its a business, and its marketing is 'how to get girls' because that is how it started. But what has evolved into has started to go beyond that.

This isn't a fad, pick up artists were a fad. The skills behind social interaction isn't a 'fad'. :lol:

To be totally honest, i've only watched the main guy's blueprint videos. I can't vouch for every single teacher on RSD or the site blogs. Its business front is 'get girls now', its a business, every business has a pull. What they teach is the skills behind social interaction. Don't get lost in their business pitch, which is what you seem to have a problem with.