View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Drawing a picture of a picture drawn in another room..
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:33 pm 
Penguin

I know Derren Brown did this effect in Messiah. (and i'm sure hes not the only one to have ever did this)

Heres the effect in a nutshell. Derren ask a lady to take a pad and marker into another room and draw simple things. Derren then in front of people in the other room, recreates what she draws.

If anyone can point me to a direction to where about I could learn this, or give me some sort of help, it'd be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Post subject: Re: Drawing a picture of a picture drawn in another room..
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:59 am 
born to perform.

a good friend, a pair of binoculars, and Radio Shack.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:11 pm 
born to perform.

Do you have the youtube link?

And you also have to understand that Derren knows he is on tv which means they edit the footage to make it impossible to reconstruct.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:18 am 
born to perform.

It isn't a marketed effect but there are multiple ways in which to do this. The effect is called a drawing duplication. There are numerous drawing dupes on the market - each ranging from affordable to insanely expensive. The way in which I would do it here (and possibly how Derren did it) requires a large amount of pre-show work. Remember, Derren has two audiences: those present and the home viewers. Those two audiences have a very different experience to each other.

benji11 wrote:

And you also have to understand that Derren knows he is on tv which means they edit the footage to make it impossible to reconstruct.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnaG35Ed ... re=related
There you go, Benji

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:57 pm 
Penguin

revelation77 wrote:
It isn't a marketed effect but there are multiple ways in which to do this. The effect is called a drawing duplication. There are numerous drawing dupes on the market - each ranging from affordable to insanely expensive. The way in which I would do it here (and possibly how Derren did it) requires a large amount of pre-show work. Remember, Derren has two audiences: those present and the home viewers. Those two audiences have a very different experience to each other.

benji11 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnaG35Ed ... re=related
There you go, Benji

So you reckon its some sort of dual reality type trick? Its brilliant! I hate being so intrigued by DB.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:20 pm 
born to perform.

What Revelation is saying is that when you are on television you have to be aware of who you're performing for. The way they edit the show is in a way that does not allow you to reconstruct the effect no matter how many times you repeat the video.

But the people he performs for are experiencing a Drawing Duplication effect...just not in the exact same way we are...so yes, it is dual reality. You can't perform it the same way he did but that doesn't matter because people will still describe the same effect ("I drew something and he knew what I drew")

Impression Pads are what you need to research if you want to do this effect.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:17 pm 
Penguin

benji11 wrote:
What Revelation is saying is that when you are on television you have to be aware of who you're performing for. The way they edit the show is in a way that does not allow you to reconstruct the effect no matter how many times you repeat the video.

But the people he performs for are experiencing a Drawing Duplication effect...just not in the exact same way we are...so yes, it is dual reality. You can't perform it the same way he did but that doesn't matter because people will still describe the same effect ("I drew something and he knew what I drew")

Impression Pads are what you need to research if you want to do this effect.

I've watched a few of your videos too, Benji! Solid stuff. But I've actually been looking into impression stuff, but can't seem to decide which to get. Mind helping me out?