View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Drawing a picture of a picture drawn in another room..
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:33 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 01 Oct 2010
Posts: 36
I know Derren Brown did this effect in Messiah. (and i'm sure hes not the only one to have ever did this)


Heres the effect in a nutshell. Derren ask a lady to take a pad and marker into another room and draw simple things. Derren then in front of people in the other room, recreates what she draws.

If anyone can point me to a direction to where about I could learn this, or give me some sort of help, it'd be greatly appreciated. Cheers.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Drawing a picture of a picture drawn in another room..
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:59 am 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 13 Jun 2010
Posts: 540
a good friend, a pair of binoculars, and Radio Shack.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Drawing a picture of a picture drawn in another room..
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:11 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 26 Mar 2003
Posts: 550
Do you have the youtube link?

And you also have to understand that Derren knows he is on tv which means they edit the footage to make it impossible to reconstruct.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Drawing a picture of a picture drawn in another room..
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:18 am 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 01 Oct 2006
Posts: 2081
Location: Melbourne, Australia
It isn't a marketed effect but there are multiple ways in which to do this. The effect is called a drawing duplication. There are numerous drawing dupes on the market - each ranging from affordable to insanely expensive. The way in which I would do it here (and possibly how Derren did it) requires a large amount of pre-show work. Remember, Derren has two audiences: those present and the home viewers. Those two audiences have a very different experience to each other.

benji11 wrote:
Do you have the youtube link?

And you also have to understand that Derren knows he is on tv which means they edit the footage to make it impossible to reconstruct.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnaG35Ed ... re=related
There you go, Benji


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Drawing a picture of a picture drawn in another room..
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:57 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 01 Oct 2010
Posts: 36
revelation77 wrote:
It isn't a marketed effect but there are multiple ways in which to do this. The effect is called a drawing duplication. There are numerous drawing dupes on the market - each ranging from affordable to insanely expensive. The way in which I would do it here (and possibly how Derren did it) requires a large amount of pre-show work. Remember, Derren has two audiences: those present and the home viewers. Those two audiences have a very different experience to each other.

benji11 wrote:
Do you have the youtube link?

And you also have to understand that Derren knows he is on tv which means they edit the footage to make it impossible to reconstruct.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnaG35Ed ... re=related
There you go, Benji



So you reckon its some sort of dual reality type trick? Its brilliant! I hate being so intrigued by DB.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Drawing a picture of a picture drawn in another room..
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:20 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 26 Mar 2003
Posts: 550
What Revelation is saying is that when you are on television you have to be aware of who you're performing for. The way they edit the show is in a way that does not allow you to reconstruct the effect no matter how many times you repeat the video.

But the people he performs for are experiencing a Drawing Duplication effect...just not in the exact same way we are...so yes, it is dual reality. You can't perform it the same way he did but that doesn't matter because people will still describe the same effect ("I drew something and he knew what I drew")

Impression Pads are what you need to research if you want to do this effect.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Drawing a picture of a picture drawn in another room..
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:17 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 01 Oct 2010
Posts: 36
benji11 wrote:
What Revelation is saying is that when you are on television you have to be aware of who you're performing for. The way they edit the show is in a way that does not allow you to reconstruct the effect no matter how many times you repeat the video.

But the people he performs for are experiencing a Drawing Duplication effect...just not in the exact same way we are...so yes, it is dual reality. You can't perform it the same way he did but that doesn't matter because people will still describe the same effect ("I drew something and he knew what I drew")

Impression Pads are what you need to research if you want to do this effect.



I've watched a few of your videos too, Benji! Solid stuff. But I've actually been looking into impression stuff, but can't seem to decide which to get. Mind helping me out?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2009 Penguin Magic, Inc.