View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Looking for a watch?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:07 pm 
born to perform.

I am looking for a watch that one can do coin or card in watch with. I think Alex Lourido put out a watch that did coin or card in watch, it also had an invisible thread reel in it aswell. Does anyone know what its called and where to get it or does anyone know of a watch that does this?

Thank you,

Ari

Post subject: Re: Looking for a watch?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:20 am 
born to perform.

Here it is. http://www.wizardhq.com/servlet/the-749 ... lex/Detail

Not sure if they'll still have it, as it's been discontinued from Penguin, and other sites. But it can't hurt to email these folks to see if they have it in stock.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:52 am 
born to perform.

Thanks Brisco. Do you know of any other watches that do the same type thing (coin/card in watch)?

Ari

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:12 am 
born to perform.

The perfect "signed" coin to watch!

WATCHED is the next generation "Card to Watch". It is totally new. WATCHED is a specially designed fully functional timepiece.
This watch is revolutionary in its design and ease of use. This effect can be performed anywhere, anytime.

Imagine, taking a borrowed coin from an audience member. Have them initial one side and you the other.
The coin vanishes only to appear under the crystal of your wristwatch. Sounds vaguely familiar, doesn't it?
There have been other attempts to create this mystery. However, they use a non-functioning watch and gymnastics to get the job done.
WATCHED is the perfect "signed" coin to watch.

I had Alex Lourido watch it looks kinda like this one. Iam sure that you can do some card tricks with this one also. The IT reel on Alex Lourido watch I did not like at all. Very hard to put the IT in and you had to keep your wrist in one position or the IT moved or even broke.

This new watched is just for coins, but by watching the video it looks like to can use a corner of a card also. That is all you can use with Alex Lourido watch.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:55 am 
born to perform.

(without reveal) can you openly show the coin in the watch or is it kinda just a shuttle pass from the watch to waiting hand?? If you know.

Thanks,

Ari

ps:is it one size fits all?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:56 pm 
born to perform.

afelbs wrote:
(without reveal) can you openly show the coin in the watch or is it kinda just a shuttle pass from the watch to waiting hand?? If you know.

Thanks,

Ari

ps:is it one size fits all?

It is not one size fits all. I had to take out a few links. Nice looking watch and it keeps time. The new watch thats out if you look it up it shows the coin through the glass on top befor you open it. With Alex Lourido's watch you have to open it up 1 st to see the coin. I cant say if you do any slight of hand with the new watch or with Alex Lourido's. I think that would be revealing how its done. Dont take it the wroung way I liked Alex Lourido's watch but I did not like the IT reel. This new watch I dont have so I cant say.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:32 pm 
born to perform.

you can also have the symbol of a card "fogged" onto the watch glass. Then, when you breath on your watch, the selected card can be read in the fog on the glass.

(helpful post #42)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:13 pm 
born to perform.

Does "watched" come with instructions or a dvd or what?

Thanks again for sharing your knowledge of these products with me.

Ari

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:07 am 
born to perform.

ElConquistador wrote:
you can also have the symbol of a card "fogged" onto the watch glass. Then, when you breath on your watch, the selected card can be read in the fog on the glass.

(helpful post #42)

Thats a really good idea! Where would you get a watch "fogged"?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:04 am 
born to perform.

Zenn_Darkfire wrote:
ElConquistador wrote:

(helpful post #42)

Do you know how to leave messages on someone's bathroom mirror? Similar concept. Except it has to be cold outside, preferably snow.

I've never actually done this with a watch, just with a drinking glass with ice in it. (and of course leaving messages on someone's bathroom mirror in secret when I was younger).

That being said, I think it will work.

(helpful post # 43)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:46 pm 
born to perform.

ElConquistador wrote:
Zenn_Darkfire wrote:
ElConquistador wrote:

(helpful post #42)

Do you know how to leave messages on someone's bathroom mirror? Similar concept. Except it has to be cold outside, preferably snow.

I've never actually done this with a watch, just with a drinking glass with ice in it. (and of course leaving messages on someone's bathroom mirror in secret when I was younger).

That being said, I think it will work.

(helpful post # 43)

Oh! I thought that there was a permanent way to have that done to something haha

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:34 pm 
born to perform.

There's a trick called the Watch Crystal that has a permanent effect like this on a piece of glass. Maybe contact the creator?

-JT

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:35 pm 
born to perform.

Wouldn't let me edit my post for some reason. In Practical Mental Magic, there's a method for having the image of a card appear in a crystal ball. Someone run with it...

-JT

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:17 pm 
born to perform.

You could look into that Ghost Glass stuff. Though not permanent it is a little more long lasting than el's suggestion. Mini- if you are referring to the effect I'm thinking of...I'm not sure how that would work with a watch?

Just a last thought, not to change the direction of this thread but how important is it that it is a watch? I have been playing with Serendipity(ring/coin in Zippo lighter) lately and I have been having great success with it. It is like having a mini-lippincott with you at all times.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:57 am 
Penguin

Pm me as I have a great new watch that will cover all you guys have been speaking of.
Jones