View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Tattoo Thread.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:22 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I recently just got a wedding band tattooed. It's great for me because I don't have to worry about loosing my ring now.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:13 pm 
born to perform.

fallingblood wrote:
I recently just got a wedding band tattooed. It's great for me because I don't have to worry about loosing my ring now.

Are you serious?
This is actually a really cool idea

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:56 pm 
born to perform.

mchkeegan wrote:
I want a tattoo of my face, on my face, the same size as my face, but a little to the left. JK JK, that's some one else's joke. I actually don't want any, I don't know why. I like them on other people though.

lol

This one dude I used to chill with had four little stars tatooed under his right eye

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:50 am 
Emperor Penguin

daniel116 wrote:
fallingblood wrote:

Are you serious?
This is actually a really cool idea

I have to admit that it was not an original idea for me. I actually had a friend who did this as well. What made me really go with this idea is that wearing a ring was driving me crazy, I hated how it felt.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:14 am 
Emperor Penguin

cgregory23 wrote:
bump

IF you are going to bother to bump a topic... dont you think you should actually ADD something?
Or is that too obvious.

By the way, I got a new tattoo in Hebrew a couple months back.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:29 am 
born to perform.

What does it say?
Write the Hebrew letters if you can

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:31 pm 
born to perform.

My eight grade Math teacher (with a good deal of pressing and pleading from the students) admitted that she had a tramp stamp along with one or two other small ones :lol: . Had to be there to get why that's funny. Two things I will do before I die: get a tattoo (hope to do that in not too long) and skydive (seems like the most fun a person could ever have).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:05 pm 

Tigger and the rest. Look at the officer corps in the military and at executive in business. You don't see tattoos on them. Even at the gym when you are in the locker room you can see that the leaders don't have tats anywhere. Being inked sets you up as one of the "worker bees" not as a leader.

Think before you ink.

BTW Tigger, I was a green beanie in 'Nam and we always said that the only thing that came out of a flying object was bird poop and idiots. :shock: That was before we had to jump out on a HALO (High Altitude Low Opening) jump. :lol:

Paddy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:13 pm 
Emperor Penguin

daniel116 wrote:
What does it say?

Literally translates to Gabriel.... but for me it stands for The Arch Angel Gabriel.
And I don't know how to write the letters on here.

And Paddy... I know plenty of men in the military, high and low ranking, with tats. And who the f---- gives a crap about people in the gym. I was a leader all through school and in our political rallies I was a leader. I'm one of the highest employees at my place of work, and every place I have worked, I am a leader there. And when I open my own place Ill be the LEADER there.
You are coming off narrow minded and pidgin holing.
You are just stereotyping people and that is not only arrogant but also ignorant.

I am very proud of my tattoos and put a lot of thought into all of them, since Ive designed them all.
Tats are a form of expression, I'm not asking you to like them.
But please respect our choice to get them.

Think before you speak!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:28 pm 
born to perform.

I'm gonna agree with David. Sorry Paddy, I don't think you know what you're talking about. Just curious how you would know that executives don't have tattoos. I'm certain you can't see through their suits.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:46 pm 
born to perform.

DavidTheCryptic wrote:
daniel116 wrote:
What does it say?

Literally translates to Gabriel.... but for me it stands for The Arch Angel Gabriel.
And I don't know how to write the letters on here.

And Paddy... I know plenty of men in the military, high and low ranking, with tats. And who the f---- gives a crap about people in the gym. I was a leader all through school and in our political rallies I was a leader. I'm one of the highest employees at my place of work, and every place I have worked, I am a leader there. And when I open my own place Ill be the LEADER there.
You are coming off narrow minded and pidgin holing.
You are just stereotyping people and that is not only arrogant but also ignorant.

I am very proud of my tattoos and put a lot of thought into all of them, since Ive designed them all.

Think before you speak!

I agree. I know teachers, principals, school board members (looking at my future career), plus accountants, CEO's, CFO's, software engineers, aeronautics engineers, mill foremen, and regional managers with tattoos. If no one sees it, no one knows. Even if someone sees it, it's rare that it affects their opinion.

Even in education, where every aspect of your life is fairly scrutinized (so you don't become a bad influence on children) I've had bosses and colleagues that had tattoos.

-JT

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:26 am 
born to perform.

Teacher at my school has sleeves all the way up his arms and a fat tatoo on his neck, he seems pretty cool :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:00 am 
born to perform.

Most people don't like my tattoo but I don't care because the reason I got it is that it meant something to me, I didn't get it just to showoff and I also didn't pick it out of a catalouge.
I think that getting a tat that means something to you, and you know most people won't like, shows that you have character and proves that you are capable of leading and that you're not afraid to go against the flow.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:53 am 

DavidTheCryptic wrote:

Think before you speak!

I did think before I wrote that and still stand by what I wrote. I am not disrespecting anyone for their choice of ink or no ink but stating a fact of life. People judge you on first impressions and tats still have the reputation, in some circles, as being a "biker gang" thing. It's not right to think that way but people do so why push your luck.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:51 am 
Penguin

I agree with paddy on this one. I don't have any tattoos myself but I know a lot of my friends and comrades who do have tattoos. Still, I just don't feel the need to have a tattoo to feel good about myself or to express myself artistically. I express myself artistically in my magic by just being myself while performing. Not only that, but I have seen a lot of gang members with tattoos and they think it's cool, but I really don't see how it's cool. Just not part of my self image.