View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Un-Cut US Bills used for mis-made effects
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:56 am 
born to perform.

how come everytime paddy says something that is legal advice the thread always becomes some argument. its funny.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:49 am 
born to perform.

keepitbottled wrote:
how come everytime paddy says something that is legal advice the thread always becomes some argument. its funny.

Because Paddy has a record of stating incorrect facts regarding the law.
For example, Paddy posted that the bills must be two-thirds or smaller. The law states less than three-fourths.

In all fairness, Paddy probably doesn't always have time, opportunity or desire to discuss the legal questions which arise here on Penguin with Mr. Bob Abernathy Esq. He is Paddy's attorney and works in entertainment law. As such, Paddy sometimes posts incorrect information.

That being said, I actually agree with the gist of Paddy's post.

http://law.justia.com/us/cfr/title31/31-2.1.2.3.9.html
Bureau of Engraving and Printing - U.S. Department of the Treasury wrote:
PART 411 -- COLOR ILLUSTRATIONS OF UNITED STATES CURRENCY
(a) Notwithstanding any provision of chapter 25 of Title 18 of the U.S. Code, authority is hereby given for the printing, publishing or importation, or the making or importation of the necessary plates or items for such printing or publishing, of color illustrations of U.S. currency provided that:

(1) The illustration be of a size less than three-fourths or more than one and one-half, in linear dimension, of each part of any matter so illustrated;

(2) The illustration be one-sided; and

(3) All negatives, plates, positives, digitized storage medium, graphic files, magnetic medium, optical storage devices, and any other thing used in the making of the illustration that contain an image of the illustration or any part thereof shall be destroyed and/or deleted or erased after their final use in accordance with this section.

(helpful post #49 - although some might construe this as a little direct and unflattering, it still definately qualifies as helpful)

This post does not create an attorney-client relationship with any reader. In other words, I’m not your lawyer. In fact, we don't know each other. If you need personalized legal advice, contact an attorney in your community. You shouldn't rely on my posts for your legal advice. And you definatley shouldn't rely on information posted by certain other members here on this forum.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:50 pm 

What's funny is that I don't quote any laws but just state facts. Everybody else just found the law and I am right. Also ElC claims I misstate the law. I have never done that. I have stated what can happen in certain situations which he pointed out were not technically illegal. true, but if you urinate off someone in authority he will make you wish that you hadn't even going so far as putting your little butt in custody until you spend money on a lawyer to get out. ElC just like to play like the TV shows where they warn you they are not lawyers.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:16 pm 
born to perform.

This video should solve all of your legal problems http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP05nV9w ... re=related

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:41 am 
born to perform.

paddy wrote:
  1. What's funny is that I don't quote any laws but just state facts. Everybody else just found the law and I am right.
  2. Also ElC claims I misstate the law. I have never done that.
  3. I have stated what can happen in certain situations which he pointed out were not technically illegal.
  4. true, but if you urinate off someone in authority he will make you wish that you hadn't even going so far as putting your little butt in custody until you spend money on a lawyer to get out.
  5. ElC just like to play like the TV shows where they warn you they are not lawyers.

1. Incorrect. In reference to this point, you clearly stated that the reduced size must be two-thirds. The law states three-fourths.
    That is a fact. What you wrote was a mistake.
  2. Getting a little forgetful, aren't we? Here's one recent example. If you need more, I'll post them, too.
    viewtopic.php?f=2&t=158864&p=1246583&hilit=incorrect#p1246583
  3. Then you were wrong (again).
  4. I guess you skipped the part where I wrote, "That being said, I actually agree with the gist of Paddy's post".
  5. No point in discussing my motives.
    Whatever the motives, it still doesn't change the fact that I have only posted CORRECT information and have been able to supply evidence and sources to my statements.

I also was only responding to the question posted by keepitbottled. Because of the actual size of a US dollar banknote, I saw no need to point out your error regarding the two-thirds. The gist of that comment was correct. The relative difference between two-thirds and three-fourths is so minute, that I am not sure someone with the naked eye could tell the difference. At least I couldn't.

I also purposely wrote that "I actually agree with the gist of Paddy's post". The comments which I noted at #3 are very troubling in light of this. I agree with this point 100%. That is another reason why I didn't feel a warning was warranted regarding your post. Your comment also seems to imply that my post wasn't thoroughly read before being answered/criticized.