View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: I just overdosed on ignorance
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:51 pm 

ElConquistador wrote:
paddy wrote:
Magicman, I have to disagree with you. A lot of spectators think we perform magic but they don't associate magic with"mystical" powers or "devil worship." He believes that a deity actually talked to him, which in it's self is scary, and then accuses us of bring about "the end times." For over 2000 years we have had some people believe that they were in "the end times" and it hasn't happened yet.

Didn't Mohamed speak to Allah?

And Abraham too?

Or Moses also?

Did it again ElC Hijacked the topic. We were talking about fundamentalist Xians what has God speaking to any prophet have to do with this topic, except it is about religion. We were talking about how the Xian right sees us as magi.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:15 pm 
born to perform.

This is just one Christian's view on magicians. Not representative of all of us.

To respond to an earlier post, yes I realize that a lot of people believe in magic but not by the use of evil spirits. This guy believes that this is the case and that is where I disagree with him because we as magicians know better.

God would never tell anyone that Blaine or Angel are performing using the help of evil spirits because God knows better.

As for God speaking to His people... He does. I have spoken.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:22 pm 
Penguin

Anyone see it?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:27 pm 
born to perform.

magicman222 wrote:
This is just one Christian's view on magicians. Not representative of all of us.

No one said it was.

Quote:
To respond to an earlier post, yes I realize that a lot of people believe in magic but not by the use of evil spirits. This guy believes that this is the case and that is where I disagree with him because we as magicians know better.

The guy is clearly at least somewhat mental. He believes that magic tricks, something that anyone can learn without the use of any real magical ability (and that is common knowledge), are the work of evil spirits. This is why I think Balducci's response makes sense.

Quote:
God would never tell anyone that Blaine or Angel are performing using the help of evil spirits because God knows better.

I don't really think that's up to you to decide.

Quote:
As for God speaking to His people... He does. I have spoken.

Well, that's your opinion, and you're entitled to it, but I do have to say that a lot of people would think you're a bit out there to believe such a thing. Myself included. (Just a bit. Mind you, I was a Christian for 7 years and know what situation you're in.)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:19 pm 
Penguin

This guy is clearly a paranoid, delusional weirdo. Either that, or he is a liar.

I would love to sit with him for an hour and find out all the other nonsense he believes.
If magicians had real powers, surely we would be doing something a little more interesting.