View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Bill in Kiwi
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:31 am 
Penguin

Magically Appearing Bill in Kiwi
Performed and taught by Carl Cloutier

I received this trick for the free hugs at Penguin. When I got it and watched Carl perform, I was amazed! His sleight of hand and humor are amazing. He has instantly become one of my favorite magicians. I really like the fact that he does not use many gimmicks. His tricks are pure sleight of hand, and the only gimmicks that he does use are simple and very subtle.

Price: $49.99 from Penguin thats what it costs, but they say the list price is $60.00. To me, for 2 DVD's that is a little steep.

DVD Quality:
There is actually 2 DVDs. One shows his performance of Bill in Kiwi and explanation. This really is an astounding trick. I have performed it for some family members, and they loved it. It is decently easy, but it is all sleight of hand so like everything else it takes PRACTICE! It is not a trick like Psypher or Dresscode where everything is basically self working. This is classic sleight of hand magic. The other DVD has the rest of Carl's routine AND AN EXPLANATION! If you can get this routine down, there is no telling where you could go in magic. Carl Cloutier is known as a world class magician, and on this DVD he gives an explanation for his entire routine!

Actual Tricks:
The tricks that are performed on this DVD are amazing! Carl gives you a very good explanation for the Bill in Kiwi. The other DVD that explains his other tricks....

* Sports Ball Routine - comedy routine
* Bounce No Bounce - comedy routine
* Traveler - Four signed cards to pocket
* Slimfast Routine - Signed card appears in sealed can!
* Pepper Routine - A magical appearance in a pepper!
* Magazine Routine - So good, it's unbelievable!
* Cards Across - Carl's take on an age old classic
* Liquid Asset - A signed glass with liquid becomes magic
* Coin Trick - Carl's closer

They are all amazing, and very professional. The only thing that I did not like is that Carl only teaches what he has to for these tricks. There is no very detailed teaching here. Besides that, I have nothing to complain about! It is an amazing DVD taught by an amazing magician.

Post subject: Re: Bill in Kiwi
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:19 pm 
born to perform.

Before I switched to mentalism the Bill in Kiwi use to be my closer for the show. EVERYONE would talk about it...Its been years and people still remember the bill in kiwi (some describe an orange although I never did it with an orange).

You can't go wrong with Carl's version. The bill is signed and the kiwi is handed out before you touch the bill. I wish this was a mentalism effect :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:24 pm 
born to perform.

Bill in Kiwi has been mine closer for while too!!! its FANTASTIC. handling is so easy. Can't believed they did a free hug on this. :?

I also do the picture in capsicum quite a lot as well.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:31 am 
born to perform.

benji11 wrote:
Before I switched to mentalism the Bill in Kiwi use to be my closer for the show. EVERYONE would talk about it...Its been years and people still remember the bill in kiwi (some describe an orange although I never did it with an orange).

You can't go wrong with Carl's version. The bill is signed and the kiwi is handed out before you touch the bill. I wish this was a mentalism effect :)

Hey Benji, you can always get them to write down any fruit on a billet, sign it, date it, or whatever and say that you have your prediction in this bag (kiwi) and hand it to someone. then you given that guy the billet, switch it and open the bag and produce a kiwi and say am I right? If it is, trick ends there. if it doesn't (most probably), you can then proceed to cut out the kiwi and reveal their billet inside the kiwi.

Just an idea. Let me know what you think.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:05 am 
born to perform.

soowee wrote:
Bill in Kiwi has been mine closer for while too!!! its FANTASTIC. handling is so easy. Can't believed they did a free hug on this. :?

Doesnt our Australian Plastic money make the handling more difficult?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:33 am 
Penguin

keepitbottled wrote:
soowee wrote:

I would say "definitely not". As long as you can fold your bill up into a small square, you should be okay! There is really not a lot of sleight of hand with the bill in this trick, so that should be the least of your worries. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:35 am 
born to perform.

sumobear08 wrote:
keepitbottled wrote:
soowee wrote:

I would say "definitely not". As long as you can fold your bill up into a small square, you should be okay! There is really not a lot of sleight of hand in this trick, and the bill should be the least of your worries. :wink:

But if i fold it up into a small square and let go, it will spring back out into normal. You cant crease the plastic. So it would only work if your somehow putting some pressure on the note the whole time.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:50 am 
born to perform.

soowee wrote:
benji11 wrote:

Hey Benji, you can always get them to write down any fruit on a billet, sign it, date it, or whatever and say that you have your prediction in this bag (kiwi) and hand it to someone. then you given that guy the billet, switch it and open the bag and produce a kiwi and say am I right? If it is, trick ends there. if it doesn't (most probably), you can then proceed to cut out the kiwi and reveal their billet inside the kiwi.

Thats an interesting idea. I'll have to play around with it. Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:29 pm 
Penguin

Quote:
But if i fold it up into a small square and let go, it will spring back out into normal. You cant crease the plastic. So it would only work if your somehow putting some pressure on the note the whole time.

Honestly, it is not going to make a difference whether it springs open or not. The only things that you need to do are fold it small enough to fit inside a hole about and inch and a half wide. once it is in, it does not matter how much it would "spring" open. I think you can do this with any currency really. I have not seen Australian money, so i can't be 100% sure though. If you cant do it with your currency, a coloured strip of construction paper will work perfectly. Hope this helps!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:39 pm 
born to perform.

benji11 wrote:
soowee wrote:
benji11 wrote:

Thats an interesting idea. I'll have to play around with it. Thanks

I'll be interested to know what you come up with!! :lol: