View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Rehab-Cameron Francis::Review
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:18 am 
Penguin

Intro: From the man who brought you 'The Omega Mutation' DVD Set comes...

REHAB - A Real World Torn & Restored Card

Cameron Francis has created one of the most workable and visual Torn & Restored Card's EVER!

The Review

Trick: Rehab

Created By: Cameron Francis

Effect: "Your spectator selects a card and signs it on the face.
You sign the card across the back.
The card is torn into quarters.
Then visually, magically and INCREDIBLY the card is reassembled quarter by quarter.
And at the end of the trick the spectator can take the miraculously restored card home with them!"

Notes: Easy to perform
Can be performed almost surrounded!
One of the most angle friendly piece by piece card restorations ever conceived!
Perfect for strolling and table hopping!
Simple set up

Cost: $30

Genre: Card Magic

Demo/Product: http://www.cameron-francis.com/Rehab...tored-Card.php

Format: Approximately 1hr 22min | DVD

The Restorations: Restoration 1- Two pieces are shown and are restored similar to DG's Torn, but a little less angly.
Restoration 2- Another piece is grabbed and with a simple motion is restored, leaving you in a beautiful position and only lacking a corner. At this point, you can show your hands completely empty and show the card front and back, flashing their signature to the spectator.
Restoration 3- The final piece is shown and placed behind the card. With a simple move the card is restored visually.

Video and Quality:

Video- The video is split into sections (Performance and then Explaination). The video is also very well edited, put together, and produced. It covers everything really in-depth.

Quality- The quality of this video is great. There were definitely no problems hearing or seeing what was being said or done. The audio is good; everything is clear and easy to watch.

Teaching: The teaching is phenomenal and shows you from a few different angles. Cameron teaches everything you need to know and takes you step by step through every detail of the handling. He does not leave any details out at all. Everything is broken into steps and categories for the easiest possible learning experience. Bob goes over everything you need to know to be able to perform this and to make it look good with the right presentation and audience.

Method: The method is really well thought out and researched. Cameron designed this method and effect for the real world, but also had great angles and this effect and method does that. Cameron is a very creative and amazing guy with great and clever thinking.

Gimmick: The gimmick is very ingenious, it's very deceptive, and the audience won't assume anything, if performed correctly. You will have all the needed items.

Set-Up: The only set-up required is to make the gimmick, which should take no longer than 30 seconds to make and set-up.

Practicality: This T&R is very practical and although you need to make a gimmick for each performance, it isn't as bad as it may sound. You'll have everything you need. This effect was made for the real world. Very practical.

Dirtiness and Clean-Up: You do end slightly dirty, but everything is justified for the clean-up, which is very easy to do.

Angles: This effect can be performed almost surrounded and was this effect was designed for the real world and also workable, performable and visual.

Difficulty: On a scale of 1-10 (Ten being the hardest), I say it’s about a 4. Fairly easy and the moves can be mastered with a few days of practice in the mirror to ensure the moves are flawless.

Bonuses: This DVD also features FIVE awesome bonus routines -

Prophetic - A powerful prediction that hits 'em with a one-two punch!- Four business cards are placed down on a table. The spectator selects anyone and is placed aside from the rest. The business card is slid inside the deck, still being outjog. The card is turned over to reveal a prediction on the back of it (5 of Spades). The three other business cards are show to have a different prediction, all say (Jack of Diamonds) on the back. Meaning that the spectator chose the only card with a different prediction made on it. The two cards sandwiching the prediction (5 of Spades business card) that the spectator slid earlier in the deck is the Jack of Diamonds and the 5 of Spades.

Thoughts- Great prediction effect, spectator does the magic and in the end a great way to hand out a business card.

X Marks The Spot - Four X's drawn onto the back of four cards all jump onto a selected card. A true stunner!- A card is selected and remembered by the spectator and is lost into the deck (7 of Spades). The magician selects four cards out of the deck hoping that the selected card is among the pack. The magician then draws an "X" on the back of the pack of cards. With a magical gesture, all "X"'s disappear from the pack, except for one card which has four "X"'s meaning that the "X"'s from the other cards have jumped from all the cards onto the selected card, the 7 of Spades.

Thoughts- Very simple and awesome. "X"'s vanishes onto the selected card, very great.

Striking Backs - A powerhouse, small packet all-backs routine!- A pack of cards are placed on the table. The cards are dribbled and a card is selected by the spectator, remembered and lost (8 of Diamonds). The pack of cards are revealed to be four Jokers. One Joker is placed face up in the pack and is shown to have turned face down. But when the cards are turned over, they are revealed to be face down (sharing an uncanny resemeblance to double-facers). With a flick, the Jokers have actually transformed into the four Aces. With a snap the Aces trap one card between thema and it is the selected card (8 of Diamonds).

Thoughts- A nice, simple sandwich effect that ends with a transformation and reveal.

A Strange Visit - A Vistor-esque routine with a HUGE twist!- Four Jacks are displayed and spread among a table. The spectator selects a card (8 of hearts) and a pair of Jacks (Red Jacks) and is sandwiched between them. The three cards are then isolated and put under the card case. The other two Jacks (Black Jacks) are waved over the card case and visually capture one face up card between them, the selected card (8). The four Jacks are then transformed into the other three kinds of the selected card, making a 4 of a kind (8 of diamonds, spades, hearts and clubs).

Thoughts- Very great with a kicker ending they won't expect.

Warped Fusion - A super cool tunnel/fusion effect that will leave your spectators speechless!- A card is selected and is signed across the face (In this case the 4 of diamonds). The card is isolated from the deck and placed on the table face down. Meanwhile, another card is selected and signed across the back and placed on the table face up (In this case the 9 of clubs). A pair of cards are selected out of the deck, possesing the power to manipulate time and space (We'll use the Jacks as the pair of cards). The second selection (9) is placed between them (The Jacks) face up and is pushed in, only to appear face up with the signature visable. The first selection (4) is placed in the middle of the two cards and with a single touch steal the face of the second card (9). The signed card is turned over to reaveal the first selection (4) with both signatures on both sides.

Thoughts- Probably my favorite of all the included effects. Very simple and amazing and hits them hard.

Overall: A great workable, easy, performable and angle-friendly T&R card effect. I love the included bonus effects and the T&R. Highly recommended!

Post subject: Great review.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:59 am 
born to perform.

Great review. I was thinking about buying this. Thanks for the help. I will buy this now for sure.

Post subject: Re: Great review.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:42 pm 
Penguin

buy Rehab , if you love the torn and restored effect, you will use this one forever without a tone of testosterone

Post subject: Re: Rehab-Cameron Francis::Review
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:35 pm 
Penguin

Thanks so much for the good review! Much appreciated.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:59 pm 
born to perform.

I really like the second restoration and being able to show the face of the 3/4 restored card. and the final piece can also be shown and visually restored.

probably one of my favourites from all the T&R card handlings out there.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:15 am 
Penguin

Thanks! Much appreciated.

I do this in my lectures and it always goes over very well. Turns out there are a lot of guys like me: they want to do a T&R but find most too angly. I created this routine to solve those issues.

I'm always flattered when people complain that it looks too much like Torn. It may look like Torn but the method is very different! :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:06 am 
born to perform.

Hey Cameron, I never like being rude so I want to ask you before I do this.

I just watched the trailer for this and there were a few things in your presentation that didn't really click well with me. Can I "criticize" it a bit?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:51 am 
Penguin

Well, it's just a studio demo. It's not how I present it in the real world. I'm performing for a guy in a Hazmat suit! :) It's just there to show you what the effect looks like.

I don't mind criticism of my products. But it's kind of hard to criticize a trick when you don't know the method.

I just pmed you but if you have any questions or concerns about the trick itself, let me know.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:58 am 
born to perform.

It's not really about the method. I just replied to your message.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:57 pm 
Penguin

Duds and I pmed a bit. He had some interesting questions which might be good to address here.

He wanted to know why a signature is needed on the card. Well, you don't have to have the spectator sign the card. But I like to because it cancels out any suspicion in the spectator's mind that you are using a duplicate. I firmly believe that if you tear up a card and then restore it, you need some proof that it's the same card.

He also wanted to know why it was necessary for the magician to sign the back. It's not. My rationalization for it is to make the card completely unique. Visually, it makes for a very nice first restoration retention of vision as your signature is visible before and after the first restoration happens.

But, you don't have to sign the back. It's not completely essential.

Good questions by Duds.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:47 am 
born to perform.

you're the man cam!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:32 am 
Penguin

Thanks! :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:07 pm 
Penguin

So. I now own "Torn" and "Rehab"

I must say I personally like Rehab better than Torn. I really like how you can flip the card over and show both sides right before the final restoration.
Thanks for a great tnr

Jerde

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:14 pm 
Penguin

Jerde,

Thanks, man! Very cool. Glad you are enjoying Rehab.