View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Slim by craig petty
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:48 pm 
Penguin

Effects: 8 card tricks which could be done with regular deck of cards except 1 which is the bonus.

Teaching: The tricks are quite simple to understand and he also includes some key points which you need to take note during the performance.

Gimmicks: No gimmicks required except for bonus.

Difficulty: Well, all tricks could be done with basics card sleight of hand. So i should say it suits intermediate. In my opinion, beginner could get this too, because craig explain which moves are used, and if beginner does not know the move, they could search on the internet easily, so it also help to build a foundation for beginner.

What i liked the most: This dvd is really awesome. All tricks are great add-on/modifier to your card tricks. I never fail to impress people with my favourite routine(for now) A.K.A twisted. The phases in almost each tricks got more and more impressive, and your audience will got shock by the climax of the trick. The impressive-ness of the trick kept building on and it ends well with a climax which really blows your audience's minds.

What i don't like(Just an opinion, not what i don't like of the dvd) : In some phases, they are not very exciting for magicians because they know the moves you are doing, but they still doesn't really know the method, and some part of the tricks might impress them. Reactions from layman would be much better compare to magicians, not saying that it would not impress other magicians, just not so impressive due to the moves you had done which they already know.

Overall: All tricks are very creative(If nothing similar is there before), it combines all those basic effects into a whole new effect, and the phases of the tricks are quite fluent. The whole tricks are on sleight of hand, if you are good or you like sleight of hand tricks, you should try it. I could say, it is not very "Magical" because all uses sleight of hand, it is like dan & dave trilogy's tricks(Of coures different tricks). Really good i rate this 8/10 well done craig :D. This dvd is quite worth for all the tricks.

Keypoints: The whole tricks are all on sleight of hands :D. If you like sleight of hands GET IT! Tricks build climax of the trick slowly and blows off people mind with an unexpected outcome.

PS: The trailer does not show much of the tricks, maybe some people might figure out some phases and create a simliar routine. However, the whole point of the dvd is the creativity of the tricks.

Post subject: Re: Slim by craig petty
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:35 am 
Verified VIP

Thanks for the review mate. glad you liked the DVD.

Nice to see someone reviewing my stuff for a change!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:13 pm 
Penguin

Pretty sure it's going to be in my next order.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:27 pm 
born to perform.

magiccraig2000 wrote:
Thanks for the review mate. glad you liked the DVD.

Nice to see someone reviewing my stuff for a change!

well, its' only fair right? :lol:

I'm going to get keymaster, pool ball miracles and attack of the bag combo deal in my next order too! :P