Hmmm the wizard show i enjoy but its slowly losing credibility for me for several reasons.
- They give very good reviews to whatever happens to be on sale at the Wizards store. (however i would agree that those items have actually been good)
- X-Ray deck by ben harris, i didnt like it. Its not really a worker's effect. More like a magician fooler. I'm not using it at all.
- They gave Psypher such a bad review. DVD was bad but the trick is good
- They gave Dan Hauss's Restless set a good review (really? come on)
- They gave Modern Mentalism a good review. (come on david penn, did u really like the bendy coffee stick thing, really?)
- It often appears that they dont know who's dvd they are reviewing or who the magicians who have put out those dvds. (dunno how much of this is an act)
Thanks for your comments - let's take them one at a time.
1.) Everything we review is for sale on the site. The only critera for review is that we can sell it. Even cack like Real Floating Card is for sale on the site. If an item is good we don't want to disappoint our customers by not having it available
2.) All the Wizard Product Review is at the end of the day is two blokes sitting down chatting about tricks. It's only our opinion it doesn't make it right! The only thing that we promise is that will not be afraid to rip a product if we don't like it. Psypher is an example of that - I hated it, a lot of you didn't fair enough - it's only my opinion. But how I can lose credibility for being honest I don't know.
3.) Restless was reviewed on our first ever show. How we can lose credibility for something we reviewed on our first show I have no idea. Plus I kinda liked that DVD set.
4) I have ripped Paper Crane in the past more than once and feel they are responsible for some total rubbish hitting the Market in the last year. However in the case of this DVD set I liked it. Yes there is some filler and it would have been better off being one DVD but the good material on there more than made up for it. The finger effect and PS I love you routine have gone straight into my act. A lot of the material is simple which makes it perfect for a beginner but I really feel the material is great for a professional mentalist as well. Yeah you could be a snob and say that the material is too simple for a pro but I think that simple is sometimes the best way to go.
At the end of the day The Wizard Product Review is only Dave's and my opinion - it doesn't make it right. Most people generally agree with us but not always. I remember facing an onslaught after I ripped Psypher (ironically a Paper Crane Product) and there was even one guy who threatened to beat me up after I ripped ifloat!!!!
You can say what you want about Dave and I but since we started this show we have had death threats, threats of physical violence, several cases of people threatening legal action and loads of emails that you wouldn't believe if I showed you. All because we stuck by our guns and didn't back down from saying something is bad if we think it's bad. You may disagree with our view, you may think we are controversial but the one thing we are not is in anyone else's pocket. If it's cack we say so!