View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: forks for liquid metal
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:09 am 
Penguin

Tryllearne wrote:
They don't ship to Denmark :(
What? Since they did ship me my three cases to Germany, i expect they ship to Denmark, too. Have you asked?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:14 am 
Penguin

kristallmagier wrote:
Tryllearne wrote:
They don't ship to Denmark :(
What? Since they did ship me my three cases to Germany, i expect they ship to Denmark, too. Have you asked?

I typed in my address, and it gave me a message saying they didn't ship to that address...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:58 am 
Penguin

I just got a new package of forks. This time, they are Medium Weight Dominion Utility/Dessert Forks, by World Tableware (Nr. 657 030).

Wow, they look exactly like e.g. Winco Medium Dominion Dinner forks, but they bend like aluminium.

I used to have the Winco version, and it was usually like that: I could do the Liquid Metal moves eventually, but the tine bends and the corkscrew are a real effort, and I had to train not showing that strain on my face. I am no body-builder or strongman, but I do fireshows regularity, so I have well trained arms and hands.

Using the World Tableware Forks, I can do the tine bend with my little finger. No exaggeration!

That isn't just advantageous. For my taste, these forks bend too easily, i suspect viewers will be more likely to try and bend them themselves and be less impressed by the trick (haven't tried them in performance yet).
But if you have massive problems bending the Winco Dominions, these may be an alternative. Anyone should be able to do the routine with these forks.

Another thing: My post concerning options to purchase Dominion forks outside of the US has apparently been deleted, it seems naming suppliers is frowned upon here. Well, if anyone has problems getting forks outside of the US (as I had), PM me, and I can give you a few adresses that worked out for me.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:38 am 
Penguin

Just an idea for a slight variation of the Liquid Metal routine:
Depending on where you perform, a different final product than the "rose" produced by Morgan might be fun.

For example, if you perform in any holiday or tropical themed environment, you might instead produce a "palm tree" as the end of your Liquid Metal routine:
Obviously, just the degree of the tine bends is different, and the handle remains straight.

But there are more possibilities with only a few more bends!
Here is an experiment to produce a 'cobra' for kids
(but using the softer World Tableware Dominions because they allow bending the tines sideways):

E.g. a bull with horns should be possible, too.
Just as an inspiration.

Have fun!

Ruven
http://www.kristallmagier.com
http://www.feuershow.net