View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Dead Space 2
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:06 pm 
Penguin

I'm a huge fan of Dead Space, and today I got the Dead Space 2 Collectors Edition for PS3. And it's amazing!!! Anyone else here a Dead Space fan?

Post subject: Re: Dead Space 2
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:59 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I'm a huge dead space fan, but i'm running low on monies. I think i literately have 60 dollars left, not sure if i want to spend it though. I'll definitely get my hands on it ASAP though.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:15 pm 
Penguin

afi wrote:
I'm a huge dead space fan, but i'm running low on monies. I think i literately have 60 dollars left, not sure if i want to spend it though. I'll definitely get my hands on it ASAP though.

It's great so far (I'm on Chapter 3). A lot of new weapons and suits and stuff, plus new necromorphs. And the controls are improved in some ways (and just changed in others, which is taking a little bit of getting used to.)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:09 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I got it! I was able to get Best Buy to send me a 30 dollar gift card i lost last year, and i had another 10 dollar coupon from pre-ordering Halo: Reach. Gonna play all night long, can't wait!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:50 am 
born to perform.

It's weird, I didn't like Dead Space so I traded it in and a while after that, I started to miss it for some reason. The whole idea is good...but the reason I don't like it, is it is so repetitive in terms of fighting...same few monsters, attacking the same few ways...really lame. Everything else was amazing, GRAPHICS, SOUND, storyline, characters, weapons...just couldn't get into it...even though I did finish it. I would like to give DS2 a go though.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:31 am 
Emperor Penguin

Yeah, Dead Space felt very formulaic. I'm such a huge fan of monsters, atmosphere, and survivor horror so i loved it anyways.

Dead Space 2 is SO much better in pacing so far, the animations are amazing too. Everything so far has outdone what i have seen in the first. The environments are incredible i think, in concept and design.

I've died several times already, I'm playing it on survivor. I honestly died in the first 2 seconds, hahaha. I was like, wow. fail. I'm currently on chapter 3.

*Also, out of paranoia; Please don't post spoilers. If you must use a spoiler tag and change the text color to white! :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:35 pm 
Penguin

KrisDeagle wrote:
It's weird, I didn't like Dead Space so I traded it in and a while after that, I started to miss it for some reason. The whole idea is good...but the reason I don't like it, is it is so repetitive in terms of fighting...same few monsters, attacking the same few ways...really lame. Everything else was amazing, GRAPHICS, SOUND, storyline, characters, weapons...just couldn't get into it...even though I did finish it. I would like to give DS2 a go though.

I understand what you mean, but I actually thought the opposite. There was so much variety in the levels, so many different locations and each chapter was very unique from the one before it. Dead Space 2 definitely adds a lot more variety though.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:47 am 
born to perform.

I may give it a go...I can always return it if I don't like it anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:14 am 
Penguin

KrisDeagle wrote:
I may give it a go...I can always return it if I don't like it anyway.

Yeah, you know, I hated the game when I first played the demo, but I found it for $10, so I was like "Hey, that's a good deal, why not?" and it turned out to be one of my favorite games.

afi wrote:
Yeah, Dead Space felt very formulaic. I'm such a huge fan of monsters, atmosphere, and survivor horror so i loved it anyways.

Dead Space 2 is SO much better in pacing so far, the animations are amazing too. Everything so far has outdone what i have seen in the first. The environments are incredible i think, in concept and design.

Completely agree. It kind of reminds me of Bioshock in some ways. I never got into Bioshock, but it had some cool elements to it. Anyway, I totally agree about the environments especially.

Quote:
I've died several times already, I'm playing it on survivor. I honestly died in the first 2 seconds, hahaha. I was like, wow. fail. I'm currently on chapter 3.

I haven't died a ton (probably because I've played through the first game about 7 times, and I'm pretty practiced up, but I have died a decent amount. I'm also playing on Survivor). I'm currently just starting Chapter 8.

Quote:
*Also, out of paranoia; Please don't post spoilers. If you must use a spoiler tag and change the text color to white! :)

OKay. :D

Have you tried multiplayer yet?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:19 am 
born to perform.

Flappy2 wrote:
Yeah, you know, I hated the game when I first played the demo, but I found it for $10, so I was like "Hey, that's a good deal, why not?" and it turned out to be one of my favorite games.

Where did you get it that cheap?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:01 pm 
Penguin

what the wazzoska is dead space, ? yumbo yumbo scoto taliebata no peligroso vodoo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:33 pm 
Penguin

KrisDeagle wrote:
Flappy2 wrote:

Where did you get it that cheap?

Well, EA's website had it for $20, and I found a coupon on SlickDeals for $10 off, so I got it for $10.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:04 pm 
born to perform.

Unexpected obstrucion ahead, welcome to the medical deck.

Crap. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:17 pm 
Penguin

harrybob10 wrote:

I'm at the end. I think it's the final boss...it's...annoying!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:41 pm 
born to perform.

Flappy2 wrote:
harrybob10 wrote:

I'm at the end. I think it's the final boss...it's...annoying!

Just beat it like an hour ago, be sure to stick around for the credits.