View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Death
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:26 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 22 Feb 2003
Posts: 866
DonDriver wrote:
I looked it up and it can be spelled either way,but changed it to make you feel better.


You still spelled it wrong :P


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Death
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:00 am 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 22 Jun 2009
Posts: 908
DonDriver wrote:
I looked it up and it can be spelled either way,but changed it to make you feel better.


Well, even if you do count "gorie" as a correct spelling, you're spelling of "groie" is still incorrect. There is also no need for a comma before the word "but", however, there is a need for a space.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Death
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:24 am 
User avatar
Offline
Moderator

Joined: 24 Nov 2003
Posts: 6302
Location: Neither here nor there.
paddy wrote:
Don, did you notice taht the religious ones seem to be the young. When you get our age and have stared death in the face as often as we have you tend to be more pragmatic about any life after we turn into a bunch of fertilizer.


Of course your statement is a generalization, but I do see your point. I recall that one of our forum users (no names, please :) ) was a regular "Johnny Jesus" (I think I just made that phrase up right now) about 7 or 8 years back, gave us a hard time because of it (as he was often proselytizing), and now he appears to have almost done a 180.

Having written the above, now some people will automatically start thinking I am anti-God or non-religious or something. FWIW, I would describe myself as a Christian, but of the moderate, open-minded, non-extremist sort.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Death
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:36 am 
User avatar
Offline
Moderator

Joined: 24 Nov 2003
Posts: 6302
Location: Neither here nor there.
KrisDeagle wrote:
As you atheists are all on the same team, let me let you in on something being a Christian, something you do not know about us. We do not fear death, however, most of us do not want to force it to come any quicker than any other person, Christian or not.


Well. Something you may not yet realize, is that many (I suspect most) of those atheists, at least in the West, started out as Christians.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Death
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:18 am 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 22 Feb 2003
Posts: 866
The greatest cause of atheism is Christians. It's sad.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Death
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:53 am 
User avatar
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 26 Sep 2004
Posts: 224
Location: Sydney, Australia
Well, to be accurate and annoying. The greatest cause of atheism is being born. Since we are born atheists.
But i would agree that the biggest cause of DEconversion is Christians. And logic.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Death
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:09 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 22 Jun 2009
Posts: 908
Incognito wrote:
And logic.


See, that is a typical atheist response. What makes an atheist anymore logical than anyone else? Believing that we just exist and we came from nothing, that there is no higher power is even LESS logical than believing in a higher power that created the Universe. To say that it is logical to not believe in a higher power is very...well, for lack of a better word, wrong. Evolutionists believe that an explosion (something that ends life) created it. What a ludicrous theory. Others just believe we exist, always have and always will and when we die, we just go to a hole in the ground or get baked in a big oven. How can we have just been here forever? What made us in the first place?

Whether you believe in a higher power or not (this post isn't a debate on religions more so a debate on logic), the point still remains that believing we are just here is purely illogical.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Death
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:42 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 26 Sep 2004
Posts: 224
Location: Sydney, Australia
KrisDeagle wrote:
Incognito wrote:
And logic.


See, that is a typical atheist response. What makes an atheist anymore logical than anyone else? Believing that we just exist and we came from nothing, that there is no higher power is even LESS logical than believing in a higher power that created the Universe. To say that it is logical to not believe in a higher power is very...well, for lack of a better word, wrong. Evolutionists believe that an explosion (something that ends life) created it. What a ludicrous theory. Others just believe we exist, always have and always will and when we die, we just go to a hole in the ground or get baked in a big oven. How can we have just been here forever? What made us in the first place?


Well, if i may say so, that is a typical creationist response.
I am going to correct your comment, this is not a personal attack nor an attack on religion.

'Evolutionists' don't have to believe we came from nothing. Nor do people who believe in the big bang come to think of it.
Cosmology has nothing to do with evolution, nothing at all. A person who accepts evolution doesn't have to accept the big bang, or explosion as you called it. They don't have to think we came from NOTHING since evolution has nothing to do with that.

Neither does the origins of life, that is biochemistry.
That is all silly creationist propoganda and tacky misinformation, i hope my corrections are noted lest you appear ignorant in the future.

I have never met anybody who thinks we have existed forever, that's absurd and illogical. Who believes that ?
Though i could in fact say the same thing about a god and say "How could he have been there forever ? What created him in the first place?"

Many Christians accept the fact of the big bang, William Lane Craig uses it as one of his arguments for the existence of God. He maintains the 'cause' or 'prime mover' of the big bang was God. Evolution is believed by many theists also, including Professor of Biology, Kenneth Miller who is a theistic evolutionist and Catholic, also a strong opposer to the intelligent design movement. Let's not forget the Human Genome Project and Dr Francis Collins who considers himself to be a Christian and a theistic evolutionist. These men and MANY millions of other believers in God acknowledge that evolution is the only thing that makes sense with the evidence.
Evolution and Christianity are not mutually exclusive.

So, that is the silly stuff out of the way.

Now, to your underlying point about my apparently saying Christians are less logical than atheists. I didn't say that. I said logic can be a CAUSE of deconversion. And also, logic can be used incorrectly so basically my comment gives no point to either side of the debate. So take it as you will.

Quote:
Whether you believe in a higher power or not (this post isn't a debate on religions more so a debate on logic), the point still remains that believing we are just here is purely illogical.


I didn't see any logical argumentation in your post. What i did see was a bunch of assertions. Anyway... once again, that is not an attack on Christianity or God belief, that was just a few corrections on your statements.
Sorry to get you hyped up.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Death
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:46 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 22 Jun 2009
Posts: 908
Incognito wrote:
KrisDeagle wrote:
Incognito wrote:
And logic.


See, that is a typical atheist response. What makes an atheist anymore logical than anyone else? Believing that we just exist and we came from nothing, that there is no higher power is even LESS logical than believing in a higher power that created the Universe. To say that it is logical to not believe in a higher power is very...well, for lack of a better word, wrong. Evolutionists believe that an explosion (something that ends life) created it. What a ludicrous theory. Others just believe we exist, always have and always will and when we die, we just go to a hole in the ground or get baked in a big oven. How can we have just been here forever? What made us in the first place?


Well, if i may say so, that is a typical creationist response.
I am going to correct your comment, this is not a personal attack nor an attack on religion.

'Evolutionists' don't have to believe we came from nothing. Nor do people who believe in the big bang come to think of it.
Cosmology has nothing to do with evolution, nothing at all. A person who accepts evolution doesn't have to accept the big bang, or explosion as you called it. They don't have to think we came from NOTHING since evolution has nothing to do with that.

Neither does the origins of life, that is biochemistry.
That is all silly creationist propoganda and tacky misinformation, i hope my corrections are noted lest you appear ignorant in the future.

I have never met anybody who thinks we have existed forever, that's absurd and illogical. Who believes that ?
Though i could in fact say the same thing about a god and say "How could he have been there forever ? What created him in the first place?"

Many Christians accept the fact of the big bang, William Lane Craig uses it as one of his arguments for the existence of God. He maintains the 'cause' or 'prime mover' of the big bang was God. Evolution is believed by many theists also, including Professor of Biology, Kenneth Miller who is a theistic evolutionist and Catholic, also a strong opposer to the intelligent design movement. Let's not forget the Human Genome Project and Dr Francis Collins who considers himself to be a Christian and a theistic evolutionist. These men and MANY millions of other believers in God acknowledge that evolution is the only thing that makes sense with the evidence.
Evolution and Christianity are not mutually exclusive.

So, that is the silly stuff out of the way.

Now, to your underlying point about my apparently saying Christians are less logical than atheists. I didn't say that. I said logic can be a CAUSE of deconversion. And also, logic can be used incorrectly so basically my comment gives no point to either side of the debate. So take it as you will.

Quote:
Whether you believe in a higher power or not (this post isn't a debate on religions more so a debate on logic), the point still remains that believing we are just here is purely illogical.


I didn't see any logical argumentation in your post. What i did see was a bunch of assertions. Anyway... once again, that is not an attack on Christianity or God belief, that was just a few corrections on your statements.
Sorry to get you hyped up.


Haha, it's all good. Always good to see how others in the world view life. I've always thought it'd be cool to literally see the world from someone else's perspective. As in, be someone else for a day type thing. Most intriguing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Death
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:45 pm 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 13 Jun 2010
Posts: 540
TheEmperorPenguin wrote:
I am an EMT and I have seen a lot of stuff. i started in a large fortune 100 reitrment community and there many deaths of lively old people that made me sad. the old one i didnt really care about, it was their time. but the way they die can be disgusting i checked an aparment and found a woman in the bathroom on the toilet and the second thing i notice is the bathtub full of blood, and even worse what was on the all walll behind her. she was sitting on the toilet and fell over to her side into the bath tub hitting her head and leaving her at an akward angle with her waist or rear end in the air. that was the third ingedrient of pure disgust(we all know what our autotomic systems do sometimes when we die). after hitting her head most likely when dead projected fecal mater onto the wall. one wall feces in the middle a dead lady submerged in her own blood.


After reading this, I don't understand why my link to a news article in the yogurt thread was deleted. It wasn't nearly as disgusting as this.


[sarcasm]
And this is off-topic.
Can we get back to the Christian bashing?
[/sarcasm]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Death
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:41 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 28 Nov 2004
Posts: 218
Location: Nashville Tn.
ElConquistador wrote:
TheEmperorPenguin wrote:
I am an EMT and I have seen a lot of stuff. i started in a large fortune 100 reitrment community and there many deaths of lively old people that made me sad. the old one i didnt really care about, it was their time. but the way they die can be disgusting i checked an aparment and found a woman in the bathroom on the toilet and the second thing i notice is the bathtub full of blood, and even worse what was on the all walll behind her. she was sitting on the toilet and fell over to her side into the bath tub hitting her head and leaving her at an akward angle with her waist or rear end in the air. that was the third ingedrient of pure disgust(we all know what our autotomic systems do sometimes when we die). after hitting her head most likely when dead projected fecal mater onto the wall. one wall feces in the middle a dead lady submerged in her own blood.


After reading this, I don't understand why my link to a news article in the yogurt thread was deleted. It wasn't nearly as disgusting as this.


[sarcasm]
And this is off-topic.
Can we get back to the Christian bashing?
[/sarcasm]


Hahaha...this is the funniest thing I have read in weeks on the net....THANKS I needed that...hahaha

Don


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Death
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:15 am 
User avatar
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 14 May 2009
Posts: 276
Location: North of Chicago
Why does anyone side have to be "less" logical or less "smart" on the issue? Religion or the lack of isn't a fact...it's a belief (yes, even if you're an atheist). That's why they call it an "opinion"

On a completely contradictory note, I love it when two countries or territories or whatever go to war on religion. I can see going to war for land, resources, food, or even for revenge...
...but going to war over religion is like fighting about who has the best imaginary friend.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Death
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:46 am 
User avatar
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 26 Sep 2004
Posts: 224
Location: Sydney, Australia
Running2Fly wrote:
Why does anyone side have to be "less" logical or less "smart" on the issue? Religion or the lack of isn't a fact...it's a belief (yes, even if you're an atheist). That's why they call it an "opinion"


Atheism is not a belief, it is the absence of one. Just thought i would clear that up.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2009 Penguin Magic, Inc.