View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Richard Osterlind Mind Mysteries vol. 1-7 (huge review)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:14 pm 
Penguin

Thank you for the great review. I really enyojed it, and I want to buy the two first DVD's.

I'm sorry if this is a really stupid question, but I just want to be absolutely sure that these are the correct DVD's

http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=S6151 VOL. 1?

http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=S6152 VOL. 2?

It just that the description on the product page is somewhat vague I think.

All the best.

Nick

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:16 pm 
born to perform.

nickmadsen wrote:
Thank you for the great review. I really enyojed it, and I want to buy the two first DVD's.

I'm sorry if this is a really stupid question, but I just want to be absolutely sure that these are the correct DVD's

http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=S6151 VOL. 1?

http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=S6152 VOL. 2?

It just that the description on the product page is somewhat vague I think.

All the best.

Nick

That looks like the one. He also has other DVD series like "Easy to master mental miracles" "No Camera Tricks" and "mind mysteries too"

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:54 am 
Penguin

Hi guys, it's me again and here's another update for ya :D . These tricks took awhile to get down and try out in my shows but were well worth the time and effort put in. The effects I'm going to talk about this time are the following:

The Very Modern Mindreader
Magazine test
Glass of Water Production
Torn and Restored Post-it Note

The Very Modern Mindreader
One thing I want to do before I get into the update of this effect is I want to compare it to Thought Scan, and The Q & A act. The reason I want to do this is if you were to do these 3 effects one after the other (The Very Modern Mindreader, Thought Scan, The Q & A act) the audience would say to themselves, "he did the same effect 3 times in a row" and that's essentially what these are but with different methods. And all 3 of them are fantastic and it really doesn't matter which one you choose as all of them are a must add to any kind of act. Now with that said, the very modern mind reader is by far the most simplest method out of the 3. And since all of them look the same to the audience, why not do the one with the most simple and direct method? This is one of the effects that people have talked to me about after the show. They just can't believe it. And I just laugh inside knowing how simple it is yet how unbelievable it looks to laymen. If you're having trouble choosing between the 3, choose this and you can't go wrong. It's the cheapest of the 3 and is the most practical of the 3. Not to mention the simplest of the 3.

Magazine Test
When I finally put this into my show I knew I was going to blow people away, but I wasn't prepared for the reactions I would be getting. I'm just going to say this right now, this trick is so strong and so powerful, that you really can't top it. You really can't go anywhere with your show after you perform this because nothing you do afterward will beat this. This is just insane. This one trick has gotten me shows, it has literally booked my next gig. Think about it. You write down a word before the effect even begins, then have a spectator pick any page, then have them draw a circle behind their back, and out of the thousands of words that their circle could have touched or been in the circle, the word they chose was the word you wrote down in the beginning. THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE. That can't happen. It's a real life prediction of the future right in front of everyone. It's the same thing if you were to say the winning lottery numbers right before the balls shoot up on tv. Might aswell. That's what just happened only with a word instead. I now know why this was Richards closer and still is his closer to this day and it's because it has to be, cause nothing else beats it. You have to perform this. You have to, you have to, you have to.

Glass of Water Production
I've been performing this lately with a bottle of water and it works just as well, though the glass is more eye candy to the spectator. I now do this in every show I perform because I always bring a bottle of water with me to take a drink from when I'm on stage. So why not produce the bottle of water first, then drink it? I don't do this as my opener, but more like the 2nd or 3rd trick of the show and it's really cool after I do it because everytime I go back to the bottle of water to get a drink, the audience is reminded of that trick. They say to themselves "and he produced that from thin air awhile ago". And you can do a big bottle of water too. I've even tried this with the long "smart water" bottles and that REALLY gets a good suprise reation. IMO, doesn't matter if you use a glass of water or a bottle of water, as both will shock the audience when you produce it, and everytime you go back to take a drink from it, they'll be reminded of the astonishment everytime you do.

Torn and Restored Post-it Note
This is a fantastic trick to do after you do the lottery effect or the cell phone effect as you would already have the post-it note pad out. Now I haven't done this in my show yet, but this is just wonderful in close-up situations. You don't need to set anything up, as long as you have your post-it pad, you're ready to go. It's a quick little miracle when someone asks you to show them something and if someone already has a post-it pad with them, you can use theirs and borrow everything you need. It's a fantastic trick, thank you Harry Loryane for putting it out there and thank you Richard Osterlind for your presentation with it.

Well guys that's it for now, with more to come in the future. Till next time. :wink: