View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
 Post subject: Re: The official Horror Movies thread
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:00 pm 

kbfell wrote:
A great one I recently saw was The Poughkeepsie Tapes. Scariest movie I've ever seen.

-Max

easily one of the most disturbing movies I've ever seen.

Not recommended :p

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:39 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Where did you guys see the poughkeepsie tapes? I heard its not on DVD.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:56 am 
Penguin

afi wrote:
Where did you guys see the poughkeepsie tapes? I heard its not on DVD.

It's on Youtube here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ts2cqOpe_i8

I have no idea how, if at all, edited it is but it seems to be complete. It was actually better than I expected. Some of the acting was pretty good, although others remind you immediately that you're not watching a real documentary. Still, I found it worth a watch.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:29 pm 
Penguin

Watched a lot of horror movies recently. Here are my thoughts:

My Soul to Take (again)
I liked it a lot the second time. I dunno why I didn't like it the first time, its a good story and a good ending.

Scream 4 (again)
Great the second time too. Not as good, but still great.

Eden Lake
Talk about a torture film. Its crazy and just disturbing. Its like if Hostel was good. But unlike Hostel, it takes place in the woods, and the torturer's are kids. If you're into torture films, you have to see this movie.

Trick 'r Treat
This one is really interesting and original. Its a few separate stories that all take place in the same town. Its set on Halloween. Some of it is just insane. Something I didn't like, though was that it wasn't completely explained. Overall a pretty good movie though.

The Uninvited
There is nothing I like more than seeing Emily Browning. Llol, this movie was excellent. The twist wasn't really big, but it worked well, and I really enjoyed the movie. I recommend it.

Devil
M. Night Shyamalan made a great movie here. I highly recommend it. Its original (though that is the point of The Night Chronicles), and it really delivers a story that keeps you interested. Its different from other horror movies, and, I don't really know what else to say, but I definitely will say watch it. (I knew the ending and I still quite enjoyed it.)

Hospitality
Interesting film. Its independent, and for what I see as no reason at all, most of it is in black and white. But its well made, and I recommend it to anyone who isn't looking for amazing acting, but a good and interesting plot.

The Unborn
Don't watch it. It uses so many of the bad horror movie cliche's (old crazy lady, too many jump scenes -which don't even make you jump, because they're so expected-, a priest, a very stupid main character, random pointless [edited], a horrible plot, a creepy child, a really rude child, etc.) Its just awful.

The Crazies (I actually watched this a while ago)
Its weird. Like it starts out looking like a psychopath type film, but then it turns into an Infected film. I didn't like it.

Friday the 13th (2009 remake)
Wasn't bad. Much better than the original, but still not amazing.

I never got around to watching Splice.

Anyway, I'm gonna watch the following when I get a chance:
The Final Destination
The Fog
Salem's Lot
The Shining
Christine
Cape Fear
Wrong Turn
Jeepers Creepers
Vacancy
Baghead
Frozen
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
The Legend of edited House
Meat Grinder
...so many others.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:44 am 
born to perform.

I've been watching around 2 horror movies a night since summer started, a lot of them very bad but it has inspired me to compile a list of every horror movie I have ever seen. It's going to be tough, but once I compile it I will be sure to post in on here.

On a side note my dad Co-Starred in a movie titled cannibal hookers in 1987, and after 20 years we finally found and bought it. Absolutely horrible but seeing my dad in it is honestly one of the funniest things ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afhOMxvomd8

Skip to 2:53 to see my dad stab a hooker and shoot a guy in the face!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:59 am 
Penguin

I finished watching The Hills Have Eyes (2006) this morning. It was pretty good.

harrybob10 wrote:
I've been watching around 2 horror movies a night since summer started, a lot of them very bad but it has inspired me to compile a list of every horror movie I have ever seen. It's going to be tough, but once I compile it I will be sure to post in on here.

I'm actually working on a list of every movie I've ever seen. (Its, of course, difficult to do.) And I sort them by genre, and if I thought they were good or not. Horror, is, of course, included. I could post what the list looks like right now. (I dunno how many I've seen that I forgot to put on it, but I'm sure I'll add them once I remember.)

Quote:
On a side note my dad Co-Starred in a movie titled cannibal hookers in 1987, and after 20 years we finally found and bought it. Absolutely horrible but seeing my dad in it is honestly one of the funniest things ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afhOMxvomd8

Skip to 2:53 to see my dad stab a hooker and shoot a guy in the face!

This is just awesome, lol. I've heard of the movie, too.

I'll keep everyone (whoever still comes here) posted on whatever else I watch.

Also, to everyone who is reading this...read the original post of this thread. It's amazing what thet turned into (14 pages of this.)

Watched Wolf Creek. It was one of those people go on a trip, their car breaks down, dude finds 'em and lets 'em spend the night, they wake up as hostages, type movies. It wasn't bad.

I watched the original The Texas Chain Saw Massacre. It was quite disturbing. Especially for being made when it was.

Just watched Seed. Now, this movie is exceptionally disturbing. Its an excellent movie, but it is just disturbing. Ist similar to the style of SAW II and SAW V/VI in terms of the cop aspect, as well as the house of traps. But the storyline is much different. Its about a serial killer who survives the electric chair. They confirm him deceased (knowing that he is still alive) and bury him alive. He comes back and kills again. There is this hammer scene...well, just watch it and you'll know what I'm talking about. Something that is even more disturbing is that actual footage of animal torture is included in the film. Anyway, if you can stomach it, I recommend it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:15 am 
Penguin

Just got back from Final Destination 5. It was awesome! So much unnecessary gore. Very funny, and enjoyable. The ending, though, was actually very very cool, unexpected too. I thought it added something really cool to this particular movie, and to the series as a whole (don't want to give away any spoilers.)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:22 pm 
Penguin

Flappy2 wrote:
Just got back from Final Destination 5. It was awesome! So much unnecessary gore. Very funny, and enjoyable. The ending, though, was actually very very cool, unexpected too. I thought it added something really cool to this particular movie, and to the series as a whole (don't want to give away any spoilers.)

I hated Final Destination 4 and wasn't expecting much from this one but have to admit I was pleasantly surprised. I completely agree about the ending (not the ending ending, but the scene right before the short final scene....don't want to say anything else out of fear of spoiling).

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:29 am 
Penguin

mcdog474 wrote:
Flappy2 wrote:

I hated Final Destination 4 and wasn't expecting much from this one but have to admit I was pleasantly surprised. I completely agree about the ending (not the ending ending, but the scene right before the short final scene....don't want to say anything else out of fear of spoiling).

I know what you're talking about, yeah. :D

I actually didn't see #4 yet.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14