View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Hypnosis/ Manchurian Approach for 16 year old?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:14 pm 
Penguin

Hi, I am 16 years old and i was wondering if you guys think it would be alright for me to purchase/perform the manchurian approach. I'm guessing that I will be told that i am young for this which i am ok with. I am just wondering. It would be an awesome thing to be able to do. Obviously if i did get it, i wouldn't perform it on any1 until i had it down well. Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Hypnosis/ Manchurian Approach for 16 year old?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:01 pm 
born to perform.

To study the process, you're never too old. To practice it is a different story. When liabilities come into question, then you might get yourself into a bit of trouble.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:49 pm 
born to perform.

Most of the 16 year old guys will fake it just to screw with you. Have fun with all that.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:14 pm 
born to perform.

I'm about this age and I am thinking about getting just so that I have the knowledge for the future. Just in case the dvd were to become discontinued.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:19 pm 
born to perform.

You guys may want to wait a few weeks for this:

I'm not sure what the difference is between Manchurian and this set, however.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:21 pm 
Penguin

Never too early to practice. Learn it, practice at school! Get it down and by the time your 18 you'll be awesome at it!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:27 am 
Penguin

akirafist wrote:
You guys may want to wait a few weeks for this:

I'm not sure what the difference is between Manchurian and this set, however.

The difference with this and Manchu is that in Manchu is laid out in an interview style.
Then later Anthony and other hypnotists go out on the streets and do this.

In Trilby, they teach a woman how to perform hypnosis and then take her to the streets and have her perform hypnosis on people.
That seems to be one of the differences.
Im hoping to buy Trilby because I got so much out of Manchu.
(Bought Manchu because of you Akira, ;D)

Jessicamagic wrote:
Hi, I am 16 years old and i was wondering if you guys think it would be alright for me to purchase/perform the manchurian approach. I'm guessing that I will be told that i am young for this which i am ok with. I am just wondering. It would be an awesome thing to be able to do. Obviously if i did get it, i wouldn't perform it on any1 until i had it down well. Thanks.

Also did it on my family member, which is very awkward cause they may not take you seriously.
But after many failed attempts on my sister, I was able to put her under.
If you really follow the DVDs, you will be able to do this.
Key thing is building your confidence to approach people and being able to pace your self.

Im no expert, obviously, but if you do follow the dvds you should be good.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:04 am 
Penguin

Hi,

their is no age limit on learning this stuff, although I would suggest it is better suited to those over 18 simply because I do not suggest you hypnotise people under 18. They will get hypnotised of course but you should aim this at adults who can make their own decision. If you are really keen to get involved then a young man call Nathan Thomas runs an association the International Association of Teenage Hypnotists (IATH).

Just to clarify the difference between The Manchurian Approach and The Trilby Connection DVD's.

Neither product requires prior knowledge. Because of that they both cover core ideas on howto approach people and get them interested in being hypnotised. In terms of technique both follow the structure outlined in my book Reality is Plastic, although they feature different set piece exercises and inductions. Beyond that Manchu was geared toward magicians with an interest in hypnosis. So the phenomena of hypnosis are geared toward magic routines i.e how to force, peek and mind read with hypnosis. Trilby Connection on the other hand is a non magic product. So the phenomena and routines are from our street/impromptu repetoire and include routines with catalepsy, money, laughter, theft and hallucinations.

Alakazam produced the Manchu. My own company Head Hacking produced Trilby. Manchu takes the form of an interview. I illustrate my points by repeatedly hypnotizing the interviewer. Trilby is more of a training. I train a young lady to hypnotise then she is taken out in public to try and her efforts are critiqued.

Trilby has very high production, a super tight edit, multiple camera angles, there are a wider variety of performers and performances. That said I still very fond of The Manchu.

Either product will get you hypnotising competently and safely.

Contact me if you have any questions.

Anthony

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:20 am 
Penguin

Jacquin wrote:
If you are really keen to get involved then a young man call Nathan Thomas runs an association the International Association of Teenage Hypnotists (IATH).

Can a mod change this to the International Association of Youth Hypnotists (IAYH)? The IATH had a name change to attract more people (now IAYH)